Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times

Advertisements

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...lies-separated

Old 06-19-2018, 12:25 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The only children separated from parents were children who were unaccompanied, or came across the border with a male who could not prove he was the child's father. The total number of children who came through the border with an adult and were separated during Obama's presidency was 58. Trump is separating 48 kids a day who are for the most part entering the US with their mother.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:33 AM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...way/311552001/

Please bookmark that if you have trouble remembering it.
From the quote in your post..

""If a CBP officer or agent encounters a U.S.-bound migrant at or between ports of entry, without legal papers, and the person expresses fear of being returned to his/her home country, our officers process them for an interview with an asylum officer with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services," the statement read"

U,S.-bound migrant = a migrant who is bound for the US.

If the migrant was already in the US he/she would not be bound for the US since he/she would already here.

Someone can be on the other side of the border and be "between ports of entry", too.

edit..
You had used that quote to back up your comment of --"Entry at places other than a port of entry for the purposes of seeking asylum is legal" .... the quote does not back up your comment

Last edited by berdee; 06-19-2018 at 01:44 AM.. Reason: computer problems and my last bit did not get entered

Old 06-19-2018, 01:08 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times
Trumps using children to get money out of the democrats for his wall. He tweeted" full funding". How low can he go. Go get it from Mexico like you promised donald trump. COWARD!!!

Old 06-19-2018, 01:30 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Doesn’t matter. Your comments were challenged in an open forum.

It is apparent you have no rebuttal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I suspect the poster who couldn’t understand how someone who is not American know US history was just reflecting their own ignorance about the world outside the US.
And you have nothing but name-calling. You hold no high ground. You have no idea as to what I know and don't know. Rather presumptuous of you.

What was there to rebut? Basically, what you said is that some people know history better than others. Okay. What's your point?

Old 06-19-2018, 02:29 AM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
The only children separated from parents were children who were unaccompanied, or came across the border with a male who could not prove he was the child's father. The total number of children who came through the border with an adult and were separated during Obama's presidency was 58. Trump is separating 48 kids a day who are for the most part entering the US with their mother.
Do you even know why obama's numbers were so low?

Under obama, the adults and kids were given slips of papers with their court dates and then they were released. They were allowed to go into the population and disappear, which most did.
Trump is not doing that, so naturally there are more kids and adults to deal with now.

But that isn't the worst part. The worst part is that the obama admin was extremely lax in who they gave the kids to. Seems that anyone that walked up and claimed a kid, or several kids, were given the kids with no questions asked ... some of these kids ended up being given to traffickers!
Trump is not doing that.

Read the investigative report about the trafficking under obama...

Protecting Unaccompanied Alien Children from Trafficking and Other Abuses:
The Role of the Office of Refugee Resettlement

https://www.mccaskill.senate.gov/imo...RStaffMemo.pdf

So stop crowing about obama's low numbers. Those kids would have been better off if obama had placed them into facilities like Trump is doing.

Old 06-19-2018, 03:52 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Separating kids from parents is a deplorable act,hard to imagine the grief that comes with such a course of action. IMO if the result of zero tolerance is tens of thousands of kids locked up in detention centers perhaps it isnt working,Is this now the level of American values?

Old 06-19-2018, 04:14 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Under obama, the adults and kids were given slips of papers with their court dates and then they were released. They were allowed to go into the population and disappear, which most did.
Trump is not doing that, so naturally there are more kids and adults to deal with now.

But that isn't the worst part. The worst part is that the obama admin was extremely lax in who they gave the kids to. Seems that anyone that walked up and claimed a kid, or several kids, were given the kids with no questions asked ... some of these kids ended up being given to traffickers!
Trump is not doing that.

So stop crowing about obama's low numbers. Those kids would have been better off if obama had placed them into facilities like Trump is doing.
You hateful thing, Trump is tearing apart mothers and babies. I think the families should be left intact, that way the mothers can train the children in domestic housework so I, as a wealthy businessman can continue to have a constant supply of cheap, unskilled labor to supply my business.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:15 AM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Trump is not doing that.

Exactly. I would have preferred everyone be detained and order DNA tests to at least prove the child is related to the adult in case there was a chance the child was abducted.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:22 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
I cant read anymore of these posts, but i admire those who continue to fight who try to change the minds of people even though it wont work. Human decency has been lost. The Trump supporters had none to begin with, and so it was easy for him to brainwash them further. Anyone who sees what is happening and cheers it on, well, what can i say? I ended a lot of friendships this year when some of my friends began spouting white supremacy retoric and had voted for Trump. I lost respect for Christians and Republicans. I think we can spend our time better by fighting for justice a different way, because i tell you this, we have not changed one person's mind. If anything we have fed the hatred. If this continues you wont even recognize America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies