Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 04:41 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,857,932 times

Advertisements

At this point, the poll shows what C-D polls have shown fairly consistently over the last year.

About 40% support Trump.

About 60% do not.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:44 AM

8,316 posts, read 3,934,461 times
3300 plus posts on this topic. Seems that this is important to a lot of people. I am sure somewhere in these 3300 posts this has already been said, but why not state the obvious again?

Trump is lying to our face when he says that immigrant families are being separated at the border "because of Democrats" and "because the law forces this result". Reality of course is that they are being separated because the Trump administration, under its zero-tolerance policy, is choosing to prosecute border-crossing adults for any offenses.

The real question is why he is choosing to do this, and why he is choosing to lie to us about it. The answer? Simple - Trump has decided to use these immigrant children as pawns in his political game. They are nothing more than another "strategy" in his mind, of how to force the Democrats and Trump opponents into a corner.

This is the time where every person with common sense in this country should stop and take a real good look at the man we have elected as our President. This tactic more than anything else that Trump has done truly reveals his true character. In Trump's mind, there is no difference in using these children as a bargaining chip for his border wall, and using a hard line negotiation tactic in a Manhattan real estate deal. He really and truly does not get that there is any difference. He does not understand that he has crossed a line here - and now he can't back down. This man is a dangerous fool and it's anyone's guess where he will take us next.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:45 AM

Trump understands.

Cohen is cutting a deal at this very moment.

Manafort is sitting in prison contemplating his options.

Everyone else is cooperating with the Special Counsel investigation who are now in possession of nearly four million files from his "fixer."

Trump is doing this to rally his base of support, which at this point appears to be about the same 28% or so who elected him.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:45 AM

28,946 posts, read 30,297,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
At this point, the poll shows what C-D polls have shown fairly consistently over the last year.

About 40% support Trump.

About 60% do not.
means nothing...polls are not fact...there are a whole lot of people who voted for Trump who fear getting bullied verbally by those who don't like him, and won't admit voting for him or take any polls....I won't partake in any online polls simply b/c they insist you have to give your telephone number, and I don't want them calling me late in the evening, or bothering me at home any other time. And there are a heck of a lot of people out there who feel the same as I do. My home is my sanctuary, and no one has the right to call me, poll or no poll....

Old 06-20-2018, 04:46 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,657,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
They were saying 10,000 of the 12,000 children were sent here without their parents. I do not believe that for a second, but if it is true, then we need a program to get those children into domestic work. Housecleaning for the girls and construction for the boys, so they can have some kind of a future and also make sure people like me have enough labor to support my business.
I hope you are being sarcastic; otherwise your remarks are evil.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:49 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,654,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It is most unfortunate, that people in this country, know so little about what has been going on for years, and how when they don't like something, they break the law for convenience. I guess that's why so many people now speed, run red lights, and text and talk on their phones while driving. Laws do not apply to them.
There is no respect for laws, and when those laws are enforced, right away they start grossly Exaggerating the system, calling it or us, names, like Nazi's, concentration camps, etc....however, no one said a word when Obama was doing this? And when Bush was doing this? Bush actually put this law into effect....

These kids are being hurt, and yes, logically they are scared....they are being treated better, much better than our American kids who are starving, where is the outcry for them? I'm sick to death of liberals, hating Trump, and everything he does is grossly exaggerated. I'm also sick of our politicians spending our tax dollars trying to find something on him to impeach him...and just for the record, all during the Obama Administration, the Republicans did the very same thing.

For once, I'd love to see our politicians, and our media, do what is fair and unbiased....on behalf of the American People....like Trump is actually doing. Kennedy tried to do the same thing and was executed for doing so...no, of course Kennedy wasn't liked, why? Because he went against the establishment. This problem with illegals has been going on since way back when....and it's got to stop...and Trump is doing so, and that is why he was elected...to do something to stop this problem....

So any dirt, any name calling, any melt downs needs to be addressed by the parents of these children...you cannot bend laws for one, and not others, and that is what we've been doing now for years....and corporations and the medial will slander anyone who goes against what gives them more money and power.

These people crossing the borders are illegals and must be dealt with and it must stop. No kid is being hurt, or detained under any kind of inhuman conditions, so stop with the inhuman comments....they even have TV's to watch, 3 meals a day, etc...so stop with the bleeding heart out cries, and slandering people who voted for Trump. If you really wanted to so something constructive, you'd fight for the rights of our kids right here in the U.S. but nothing is every said about that from anyone? Why? Why aren't you calling parents who shouldn't be parents, Nazi's for selling their own American Children, for beating them to death, for starving kids, why don't you do something about that?

Yanno, one of Obama's campaign promises was, he was going to do something about this, and that is one of the reason's why I elected him. But he failed to come thru...it was a lie...Trump is actually doing what we elected him for. Each President in the U.S. did their share of deportations, but it was kept quiet, until now...and people now, want justice done, and Trump is in fact doing just that, but, it's now all of a sudden a horrible, inhuman thing?

so People, as you stand against President Trump, calling him inhuman, calling him and us Natzi's...remember this, you don't know history and you don't have a clue about what went on during other administrations...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ob...d-more-people/

am I a Christian? Geeze Louise, if your a Christian you'd know that you are to follow rules and laws...period. You keep breaking the laws for convenience, it's going to come back to bite you in the arse, and let me tell you, if something isn't done soon about this, the U.S. won't be able to afford, to help any other nation....thousands of illegals push thru our borders every day....every single day...and if you don't believe me, visit Texas....visit Arizona...

I had a friend who ran a business in Arizona...who hired them...and he said, they were good people....until later in his life, before he died, he told me, bad people were coming across the borders with the good people, and robbing businesses blind...taking advantage of American's trust. American's wanted to help them, until that happened.

Yes, there are good people coming across, however, it's now got to stop...we've got to maintain some semblance of laws otherwise, we're a doomed nation.

It's got to be done and it's got to stop now!!!!!!
Here is what is wrong. Criminals come in all races. Trump singled out one particular race to focus on. That's racism. The party that gave us the most anti racist President in our history has done a complete 180.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I hope you are being sarcastic; otherwise your remarks are evil.
I think we can go with both sarcasm and evil here.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:53 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,657,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Where should these kids go?
A crime is a crime. Crossing the border illegally is subject to fine and up to two years. Smuggling a person across the border is subject to a fine and up to 10 years.
Crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor, just like a speeding ticket. Maybe we should be taking kids away from all the people convicted of drunk driving. We could fill lots of tent cities that way!

Old 06-20-2018, 04:54 AM

35,114 posts, read 17,063,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You have a good point but I'm hoping that after what Sessions announced that it will discourage these parents from bringing their kids here illegally and that they think enough of their kids not to desert them and come here either.
I think these parents have been trying to use kids as "human shields" much like those giving birth to "anchor babies."

Old 06-20-2018, 04:56 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,654,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Crossing the border illegally is a misdemeanor, just like a speeding ticket. Maybe we should be taking kids away from all the people convicted of drunk driving. We could fill lots of tent cities that way!
The right wing doesn't want it this way. They want to single out people with brown skin. Just like Hitler singled out the Jews. Pure evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies