Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 01:42 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
No, no reaping, all of us will be dead by the time the collectivism you cherish is finally voted in by the worlds exported effluent. For our lives, we will enjoy the prosperity, excellence, magnificence and just plain fun of this great country built by better people than the ones who aren't good enough at being bad enough to pull it down in our life time.

But, I also having a sneaking suspicion that we might be good enough, no, great enough, to withstand the destructive vision you would visit upon us if you had your way.
Another one who thinks America is just oh so special.

People need to grow up and realize that no, America and Americans are not some special breeds immune to governmental and societal breakdowns.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:43 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's a myth.

They come for jobs and for school for their kids.
They come to take advantage of our generosity and the Democrats are complicit. In fact it’s by design to pad their voter rolls.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:44 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Another one who thinks America is just oh so special.

People need to grow up and realize that no, America and Americans are not some special breeds immune to governmental and societal breakdowns.
Please---oh please!---Tell all the illegals that so they can stop trying to stay here or sneak across the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I would get pulled over and fined if I drove over the speed limit. I would also have to go to court. Crossing the border illegally is more serious than speeding. If I were to say break into someone home I would be arrested and If I had my child with me, my child would be taken while I went to jail and I would most likely also be charged with child endangerment.
I drive over the speed limit on a weekly basis. I've never even been pulled over. But then again I'm a white woman.

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

There is no post because you never answered the question despite being asked many times. In other words, you refused to answer

I answered you in the last post.
Ignoring an irrelevant and obvious question is not a refusal.

Quote:
I'm not going to listen because I've heard it before. Plus, it doesn't address the issue of trafficking.

Plus I never said that none of those kids came with their families---and you know it, too.

The ones who sneaked across the border are being separated. The ones who presented themselves at a BP checkpoint aren't being separated.

Do you have kids? I'm wondering because you apparently can't envision a scenario where a trafficker got a hold of your child. If you have kids, you would understand. You would, as a good parent, would definitely be horrified at the thought of the police confronting the trafficker and letting him/her go, no questions asked.

THE THREAD IS NOT ABOUT TRAFFICKING.

It's about separating parents from their children.

I have three children.
I sat next to one of my own children in hospital through three years of chemotherapy. My newborn daughter was just 6 days old the day my son was diagnosed with cancer, at 18 months. I had both of them with me at the hospital - while I nursed one, I held the others hand. I had to agree to giving my son chemo that I knew would make him worse before he got better. I signed off on over 60 intrathecal procedures. I went through over three years of pure heartbreak.

I went on to have another child. I would gladly give my life for any of them. I know because I have been there.

It is rude beyond my comprehension that someone would presume to make assumptions about whether another poster is a good parent without knowing the first thing about their life.

This conversation between you and myself is closed.

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
It would be tragic if what these people are going through happened to Trump supporters sometime in the future. I wonder if they would reflect on the things they are saying now and think the same should be applied to them with no empathy or concern as their children were ripped away from them.
If I broke the law and was not eligible for bail I would be ripped away from my children. Would I get special treatment because my kids would miss me or I them? Doubt it. I would sit in jail until my trial at which time it would be determined if I was guilty or not. They would have the right to hold me due to evidence against me. Same principal can be applied here.
I do not agree with this practice of separating children but please cut out the dramatics.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:45 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If American parents are incarcerated, the kids are placed with relatives or in foster care. The parents know where the kids are.

When the parents are sent back to the county of origin with no information on how to contact anybody regarding the whereabouts of their kids, yes. I call that kidnapping. The 800 number they parents are given the day the kids are taken is with one governmental department. No one answer the number. The kids are place within another department. The departments aren't communicating with each other, or the deported parents.
Let’s see your links and proof that the parents never find out where their kids are. I’m calling major bs. It’s already been shown that the vast majority of the kids’ parents didn’t even accompany them.

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
They come to take advantage of our generosity and the Democrats are complicit. In fact it’s by design to pad their voter rolls.
No doubt.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
If American parents are incarcerated, the kids are placed with relatives or in foster care. The parents know where the kids are.

When the parents are sent back to the county of origin with no information on how to contact anybody regarding the whereabouts of their kids, yes. I call that kidnapping. The 800 number they parents are given the day the kids are taken is with one governmental department. No one answer the number. The kids are place within another department. The departments aren't communicating with each other, or the deported parents.
But the parents aren't sent to 'jails' - -they are sent to buildings much like the buildings they send their kids to.

So make it easier for everyone, keep families together while they are detained.

It's not complicated.
It's not the same as being in prison. They are detained -- not in prison.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Yes.

If you were a parent, you would be so grateful if it was your child who was rescued.
I would be grateful to have my child forcibly taken from me and not know where they were???????

Are you kidding me? JFC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies