Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 11:46 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
These are refugees escaping from horrible circumstances. The US together with Mexico and Canada should come up with a plan to help them
These are alleged refugees escaping from alleged horrible circumstances. What isn't alleged is that they could have sought asylum in every country they passed through, but wait until being caught trying to enter illegally rather than at a point of entry.
Why they would take the chance e? Look at the media response.
To get to stay in the USA we hear they just need to request asylum.... That is if they get caught. This is another example of illegals learning to game the system.
Why endanger the children by forcing them to endure the hardships of a longer journey often through hostile deserts? Because the benefits of the USA are better than those of Mexico and countries south of Mexico. Another reason is those countries don't allow themselves to guilted into actions that are bad for their people.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:52 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
So you're contending that these people are all walking up to the border intending to be thrown in a cell and have their children put in cages to make a political statement about Donald Trump?

Come on. Even Trump himself isn't that much of a raging narcissist.

And how is it that you think these people would know about this policy? It only recently came to light. Do you think the people who arrived today were checking into hotels along the way to the border and getting caught up on the news? Absolutely ridiculous.
A small blurb from back in April...

Hundreds of Immigrant Children Have Been Taken From Parents at U.S. Border

Others have admitted to posing falsely with children who are not their own, and Border Patrol officials say that such instances of fraud are increasing.

It's probably a mixed bag of honest offenders and the fakers. Two months ago, they noticed the fraud increasing.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:06 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
These are refugees escaping from horrible circumstances. The US together with Mexico and Canada should come up with a plan to help them
Yes !!! If only our president was capable of that. He doesn't know how to do anything other then cause harm for his own personal gain.

Shows the extent of Trump, Miler , Nielsen, Sessions COWARD ess by caging innocent children instead of MS 13.

Go into Mexico and cut out this gang. Give all the billions of tax breaks $$ given to the already billionairs- to Mexico and cut out MS 13, set up industry, agriculture, education so these people want to stay in their own home. Why not?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:08 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Default Horrifying pictures of children separated from Illegal-alien parents and put in cages

....by President Obama.

Some of these pictures look very familiar.

Could it be that Obama put children in the very same cages, from 2009 through 2016? For far more years than Trump has? And that President Trump is merely using Obama's own facilities? And for the same purposes Obama did, long before Trump ever ran for President?

Why has the media, which purports to be concerned over the "heart-rending, inhuman atrocity" of separating children from parents who have broken the law, not reviewed the far-greater acts of the Obama administration doing the same thing? It seems the story is ready-made for liberal sob stories... yet for some reason the media is steadfastly refusing to bring it up now.

Could it be that the media and the Democrats don't actually care about separating children from their parents? But merely want to use only the parts done by Republicans, to bash President Trump while keeping quiet about a Democrat president who did it even more?

-------------------------------------------------

To see the pictures, click here:
Here Are Horrifying Photos Of Obama

HERE ARE HORRIFYING PHOTOS OF OBAMA’S ILLEGAL ALIEN FACILITIES THE MEDIA REFUSES TO SHOW YOU

by Benny Johnson
9:23 PM 06/19/2018

The media and political class become more and more outraged over the Trump administration’s decision to detain and prosecute immigrants illegally crossing the border.

Lost in the debate is any acknowledgement that President Obama’s administration also used detention facilities.

Current U.S. immigration laws, when enforced, have the consequence of temporarily separating families that arrive with children into separate detention facilities in order to prosecute the adults. The policy of prosecuting immigrants for crossing the border illegally has been in place for multiple administrations. The Obama administration prosecuted half a million illegal immigrants and similarly separated families in the process. So did the Bush administration. Personal accounts from immigration lawyers tell a tale of Obama being equally concerned about unaccompanied minors traveling to the border and wanting to create a deterrent.

Photos of border detention facilities from the Obama-era, taken during 2014, look nearly identical to the ones taken during the Trump era. You never see them, however. Here they are, taken in 2014 during a media tour of an Obama-era detention facilities in Brownsville, Texas, and Nogales, Arizona.

Last edited by Roboteer; 06-20-2018 at 12:26 AM..

Old 06-20-2018, 12:15 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Womp Womp Lewandowski helps Americans see the face true evil. I hope they replay clips of the womp womp again and again. The sad part is, he isn’t an outlier. He is representative of the Trump base. For more information on what we as true, patriotic Americans can do:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...he-border.html

Old 06-20-2018, 12:17 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
So was Obama weak on immigration and allowed open borders, as Trump supporters and Republicans have been saying for years? Or are he and Trump just 2 peas in the same pod on the issue? It literally cannot be both.

Also, just trying to understand the logic here: You're arguing that Obama's supposed wrong makes Trump's right? Good luck making that argument in a court of law.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:18 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Rather than engage the Trump base on this issue, I am instead encouraging true Americans to resist the atrocities committed by this administration. Someone forwarded this article to me. It contains a lot of suggestions on how everyday people can help. It explains very clearly what THIS administration has done with regard to policy, very simple and effective messages to communicate to people who may not be familiar.
Here's my question, and it's not necessarily in response to your statement:

To the democrats so upset over this, are you willing to open your home to these kids, and "help", if it bothers you so much? I can't even look at my Facebook feed it's so ridiculous with how everyone is crying over this. I just want some to put their money where their mouths are. If you care so much about the illegals, by all means, I'm not stopping you from housing and feeding and providing medical care for refugees. Oh wait... You don't want to?

Same logic the people screaming over the tax cut, not a one of them I know, I guarantee, pays the IRS one more cent than they legally have to.

I really am sorry for the innocent kids, but the parents shouldn't put them in that situation to begin with.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:21 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/polit...omp/index.html

I don't know how anybody can support this. I know a lot of people like Trump for various reasons, be it social/religious issues or economic issues, but these people are truly cold-hearted. How far into the abyss is everyone going to follow Trump?
They're going to follow him unquestioningly to the bitter end, no matter if it costs us our country, our principles or our lives. You cannot reason with them. You cannot appeal to their humanity or their compassion, as they seemingly have none. If there is a hell, and at times like this I hope there is, they all have a special place waiting for them. Just look at the responses. They're so wrapped up in their BS conspiracy theories and the jokes and deflection. They are monsters, and they are no different from all the monsters that came before them who were rushing to make excuses for events that should make every rational person question whether our species deserves to continue on.

Last edited by jbcmh81; 06-20-2018 at 12:32 AM..

Old 06-20-2018, 12:23 AM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Why are you being so difficult? You can’t really believe that most of these kids were brought here through trafficking, can you? Do you watch any news besides the extreme ultra-conservative stuff?
Do you believe that none of them are being trafficked? If so, then I have some oceanfront property in AZ to sell to you.

Trafficking does happen more often than you think

Do you really think that kids should be handed over to adults who brought them here, no questions asked?

No one knows what percentage of this current batch has been trafficked. However, it's worth it to keep those kids who were sneaked across the border from the adults who brought them here in order to vet the adults---which, btw, isn't easy as many of these people don't have birth certificates for themselves, let alone the kids.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:23 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,147,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Also, just trying to understand the logic here: You're arguing that Obama's supposed wrong makes Trump's right?
No. The logic is that Obama's wrongs make Obama wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Good luck making that argument in a court of law.
City data isn't a court of law, as the mods prove on a daily basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies