Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 04:01 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times

Advertisements

For the record, the US is not made up of 70% liberals. Not by a long shot. Yet, 70% of Americans were indeed screaming about this heinous policy of caging kids.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:03 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
Just have one quick question for you, if it bothers you so much and you want to "help":

To the democrats so upset over this, are you willing to open your home to these kids, and "help", if it bothers you so much? I can't even look at my Facebook feed it's so ridiculous with how everyone is crying over this. I just want some to put their money where their mouths are. If you care so much about the illegals, by all means, I'm not stopping you from housing and feeding and providing medical care for refugees. Oh wait... You don't want to?

Same logic the people screaming over the tax cut, not a one of them I know, I guarantee, pays the IRS one more cent than they legally have to.

I really am sorry for the innocent kids, but the parents shouldn't put them in that situation to begin with.

You do also realize that the vast majority of these kids are smuggled, right? So the parents aren't exactly prizes to begin with.

Break the law, there are penalties. End of subject. There are many, many underprivileged, struggling kids who are American citizens who need our help.
Quit watching Fox News. They are wrong 90% of the time. Trump messed up and he knows it now. He blames democrats but he knows he started the problem. Now he is tap dancing.... to

Old 06-20-2018, 04:03 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,904 times
Separating kids from their parents is wrong and should never happen again! It doesn’t matter if these families are here illegally, it’s their kid, and this administration had no right to do what they did! I will never forget the images of crying, terrified children in chain-link cages wanting to see their parents.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:04 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And if it is enforced your illegal problem ends OVERNIGHT!

Yuma Az back in the mid 2000;s saw a January midnight deadline approaching at which time employers were to use E-verify to audit employees. The night before that deadline there were hundreds of pick-up trucks stolen throughout the city and loaded up with anything and everything of any value and driven back into Mexico.

There were rental houses all over the suburbs literally gutted of everything that could be ripped out of them of any value at all; doors, windows, lights and plumbing fixtures, copper wiring stripped out of the walls, anything not tied down got thrown into a truck or trailer and hauled out of the U.S. before that deadline.

Thinking they would never be allowed to return, they resorted to lifting manhole covers off the streets and tearing the gates out of the irrigation canals for the scrap value they'd get back in Mexico.

Problem was; there was a huge shortage of crop tending labor truck drivers, tire changers, grease monkeys short order cooks etc., etc., the following weeks. Businesses complained to their reps so the E-Verify threat simply vanished and they all returned within months to resume living and working in the area.

Just the threat of E-Verify being enacted was enough to trigger a mass self deportation, but alas the ensuing lassitude was also enough to start the whole invasion back up again.

I was there and witnessed this while wintering in Yuma. A genuine 'head smack' moment if ever there was one.
You live in Canada and thus, don't know much on how things work here.

Farmers have access to an agricultural visa program which has no caps on it. So there is no excuse for hiring illegals.

As for those other jobs, it will surprise to you know that there are Americans who do those jobs. Many want those jobs but sleazy employers hire illegals and pay then under the table.

Why don't you invite all these illegals to come to Canada? You can be the first one to welcome them with open arms Once you welcome them, surely you will move some of them into your own home.

That said, E-verify needs to be the law of the land. Once it is the law of the land, everybody in the US workforce needs to be run through it in order to weed out the 8 million no-matches.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:04 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
For the record, the US is not made up of 70% liberals. Not by a long shot. Yet, 70% of Americans were indeed screaming about this heinous policy of caging kids.
I didn't say it was 70% liberal. Thank god for that.

Out of that 70%, then, how many of said people will open their homes to these people?

There's a difference between moaning on facebook about this, and actually putting money where mouth is and acting on it.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:05 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,671,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Quit watching Fox News. They are wrong 90% of the time. Trump messed up and he knows it now. He blames democrats but he knows he started the problem. Now he is tap dancing.... to
Lol, right. And CNN and MSNBC are right and correct all the time. More hilarity. People scream about Fox News yet act like CNN is a fair news outlet?

And btw, my OP has nothing to do with Fox News or any news. I'm simply asking a question. If it bothers you so much, why aren't you opening your home to these people? Feeding, clothing, providing medical care too? We can scream and moan on facebook but I would just love to see a liberal, for once, put their money where their mouth is.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:07 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
We will see how much they love the children when the Democrats sue to release them without the parents after 20 days.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:07 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Actually, it was not 'just liberals' crying over this. Haha--you think Trump changed his policies for 'liberals'? Sure he did.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:08 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Yet, 70% of Americans were indeed screaming about this heinous policy of caging kids.
That pic of kids caged was from the Obama era. 70% - bull.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:08 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Please tell me how Trump "messed up"...the rule that viciously and heartlessly "rips" innocent kids from their parents was signed by BILL CLINTON..not Trump. So knock that krap off that Trump is to bame, i'm getting fed up with the liberal misinformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies