Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 04:09 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJT123 View Post
I didn't say it was 70% liberal. Thank god for that.

Out of that 70%, then, how many of said people will open their homes to these people?

There's a difference between moaning on facebook about this, and actually putting money where mouth is and acting on it.
Your title of thread cites "liberals screaming about these kids." It was NOT just liberals screaming about "these kids." It was 70% of AMERICANS and the rest of the world. It included GOP Congressional leaders and churches.

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
None of them suffers from "starvation". If they were starving, there is no way they could be able to trek hundreds of miles, especially through a hot desert, to get here.

Many Americans are terrorized by gangs in this country. MS-13 has terrorized black neighborhoods in CA in an effort to force the residents to move. Are they supposed to show up at the Canadian border?
Yeah they don't look starved, especially the women.

Certainly there are violent murderous gangs in US neighborhoods. Some places you cannot be out at night, and you certainly cannot be homeless on the street or you will be killed for an initiation or practice/entertainment.

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
We will see how much they love the children when the Democrats sue to release them without the parents after 20 days.
They have already filed a suit AGAINST the President's order -- the Leftists now want to keep the kids away from the adults (who may or may not be their parents). They don't want this fixed in any way - they would lose the OUTRAGE of the Week ... which is always better than the standard Outrage of the Day.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:10 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Lol, right. And CNN and MSNBC are right and correct all the time. More hilarity. People scream about Fox News yet act like CNN is a fair news outlet?

And btw, my OP has nothing to do with Fox News or any news. I'm simply asking a question. If it bothers you so much, why aren't you opening your home to these people? Feeding, clothing, providing medical care too? We can scream and moan on facebook but I would just love to see a liberal, for once, put their money where their mouth is.
The problem is these channels devote very little time to news, and most of their time to opinion and editorializing, yet people think it's all 'news'.

Apples to apples, the actual 'news' segments anchored and produced like a traditional news show, the FOX segment is pretty much opinion free, whereas CNN for example always injects opinion into it's segment.

For the shows, like Anderson Cooper, Rachel Maddow, Tucker Carlson, etc, of course they are all opinion and that is fine, but people shouldn't think they are traditional 'news' segments.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:11 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
That pic of kids caged was from the Obama era. 70% - bull.
All the pics the past few days were from trumpie cages for kids. Stop blaming the previous President when it is the current WH occupant at fault. Oh, and BTW, he backed down. Why would he do that if he hadn't done anything wrong

Old 06-20-2018, 04:13 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Just have one quick question for you, if it bothers you so much and you want to "help":

To the democrats so upset over this, are you willing to open your home to these kids, and "help", if it bothers you so much? I can't even look at my Facebook feed it's so ridiculous with how everyone is crying over this. I just want some to put their money where their mouths are. If you care so much about the illegals, by all means, I'm not stopping you from housing and feeding and providing medical care for refugees. Oh wait... You don't want to?

Same logic the people screaming over the tax cut, not a one of them I know, I guarantee, pays the IRS one more cent than they legally have to.

I really am sorry for the innocent kids, but the parents shouldn't put them in that situation to begin with.

You do also realize that the vast majority of these kids are smuggled, right? So the parents aren't exactly prizes to begin with.

Break the law, there are penalties. End of subject. There are many, many underprivileged, struggling kids who are American citizens who need our help.
You ask a question and then assume an answer. Sort of ****ty of you.

Anyway, I have sponsored immigrants, including taking over my stepmothers sponsorship when my father died. Additionally, the church in my neighborhood has sponsored several families from Central and South America as well as Asia who were asylum seekers. We contributed to supporting them, they are great neighbors to this day.

Additionally, since it is clear you value money over morals, it costs money to care for children. It costs more money to detain children separate from their families. Basic economics 101 should tell you this. If you really value money so much, it would be much cheaper to detain an infant with its mother, than to separate the two.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:14 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
That pic of kids caged was from the Obama era. 70% - bull.
https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/im...m_npd_nn_fb_ma

Old 06-20-2018, 04:15 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,630,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
All the pics the past few days were from trumpie cages for kids. Stop blaming the previous President when it is the current WH occupant at fault. Oh, and BTW, he backed down. Why would he do that if he hadn't done anything wrong
prove it. Looks like your boy--Barry Sotero--you know, the affirmative action president, is going to be implicated for doing this. Yep, tens of billions of US taxpayer dollars were funneled into greedy contractors to build, supply and feed all these immigrant kids. Obarfo surely got a cut from the massive profits.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
Separating kids from their parents is wrong and should never happen again! It doesn’t matter if these families are here illegally, it’s their kid, and this administration had no right to do what they did! I will never forget the images of crying, terrified children in chain-link cages wanting to see their parents.
why is it liberals support criminals

coming here ILLEGALLY is a crime... why is it liberals would rather support a criminal, than a citizen???

Old 06-20-2018, 04:17 PM

1,704 posts, read 750,085 times
Most Americans don't even want to open their homes to "friends" or relatives when they're in trouble. Therefore, it's absolutely ridiculous to expect them to house unknown immigrants or refugees...

Besides, ultimately that's not the point! The point lies in the fact that young children, infants, and toddlers are being taken from their mothers, fathers, or primary caregivers, and placed into the suspicious custody of people who most likely don't have their best interest at heart.

That's like handing the brooding hen's eggs to the fox who hungrily "guards" the hen house...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies