Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 10:44 AM

50,325 posts, read 47,069,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
^^^THIS...Exactly, and some of those who get returned may be facing murder.
Then they should try Mexico or Guatemala.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Why don't you instead blame their parents for trying to enter the US illegally??

The illegals are counting on YOUR bleeding hearts to give them entry into our country, just because they have children with them.
Seeking asylum is NOT entering illegally.

Millions of immigrants have depended on OUR bleeding hearts to allow them to come to this country.
Doesn't matter where from or how they got here - if not for OUR letting them in, they wouldn't be here.

Just because some people believe in a hierarchy of "specialness" doesn't make it right.

I happen to believe that people who are willing to undertake a dangerous journey to escape from madness and mayhem in their home country are more deserving of being here than those who waltz in and steal middle and upper middle class jobs under the rubric of "only someone from India, etc." can do it.

And I am appalled at how easily so many can justify the human rights violations that are taking place right now in this country.
Don't think for a minute that any one of us couldn't be next on the list for whatever trumped up reason anyone in power could think of.

Anyone who supports this, doesn't deserve to live in this country.
And that goes doubly for anyone who supports this who is not a native American.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:48 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
This should come as no suprise to anyone since the imperial US outright murders children and whole families and just chalks it up to collateral damage. I guess the parents should be happy we havent euthanized their children yet. But maybe when the foster homes and detention centers are full, a Sessions or some one of his low character will come up with a final solution.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:52 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
luckily for all Americans, your opinion on that means jack-squat.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Unicorn View Post
No, No, No....

Don't seperate and resettle the kids....

SEND THEM ALL HOME....
I agree. Send them all back together. Do not separate them.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:54 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Your lack of empathy is duly noted.
Their parents are USING them to gain entry into this country... because of people like YOU!!!

Only in First World countries, are children so worried over. If their parents in their Third World countries don't care about the well being of their children, why should we?

P.S. There are thousands of homeless children and teens in South America and Mexico. And other parts of the world, such as the African continent. The US can't save all of them.

And what about our homeless families, teens, mentally ill, and military veterans in the US?? Shouldn't we solve their problems first???

The best thing that we can do for the Third World countries is to give them free birth control. And that would give them a chance to solve their social problems and fix their broken sh*thole countries.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,656,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
luckily for all Americans, your opinion on that means jack-squat.
Because Americans are the most selfish people on the planet. That doesn’t justify the theft of children by our government.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:59 AM
miu

Quote:
And that goes doubly for anyone who supports this who is not a native American.
You are probably someone who believes that Native Americans had their country stolen away from them and deserve reparations. And you also believe that the descendants of slaves also deserve reparations.

So... why would you want all of these illegals and their children to enter the US, while the US is having an affordable housing crisis in all of their major cities, AND before the native Americans and the descendants of slaves get their communities sorted out????

You must think that all of us taxpayers are made of money, money that we have an excess of...

Otherwise, you can see that Canada doesn't want these illegals or refugees either. And BTW Canada has an awesome border wall, and it's called the United States of America!

Old 06-14-2018, 11:04 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Their parents are USING them to gain entry into this country... because of people like YOU!!!

Only in First World countries, are children so worried over. If their parents in their Third World countries don't care about the well being of their children, why should we?

P.S. There are thousands of homeless children and teens in South America and Mexico. And other parts of the world, such as the African continent. The US can't save all of them.

And what about our homeless families, teens, mentally ill, and military veterans in the US?? Shouldn't we solve their problems first???

The best thing that we can do for the Third World countries is to give them free birth control. And that would give them a chance to solve their social problems and fix their broken sh*thole countries.
miu The parents of "third world countries" care deeply for their children that is why they seek asylum here, so they can survive and have a chance at living.
Yes we have homeless families here in our country & I just heard recently that many states are running them off instead of helping. Calling other countries names like our president and you is not helping anything.
I sincerely hope you can get your anger issues resolved.
It is wrong no matter who does it to tear children from their parents and it can change forever who they become.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:07 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Because Americans are the most selfish people on the planet. That doesn’t justify the theft of children by our government.
No we are not. The Canadians, UK and all of Europe are all sick and tired of having to deal with the waves of refugees fleeing their broken Third World countries. And the Asian countries and Russia would reject them all too, if those illegals could reach their borders.

Otherwise, if any other country wanted any of those refugees, the US would be more than happy to ship them over to them. And there are several boatloads of Africans off the coast of Italy also in search of a First World country to move to.

Just because the US was originally a British colony and then populated by several waves of immigrants, doesn't mean that we need any more immigrants now, certainly not of the Third World kind. Australia is much like the US in origin and they also don't want more immigrants either.

So the US is definitely NOT the most selfish country in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies