Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 11:07 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,964,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Why don't you instead blame their parents for trying to enter the US illegally??

The illegals are counting on YOUR bleeding hearts to give them entry into our country, just because they have children with them.
Illegal immigration is a global problem and a concern for all G7 leaders. There needs to be a thoughtful solution to the problem. Putting children in a detention center has one result - that the parents and children will be psychologically harmed.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:11 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,200,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Illegal immigration is a global problem and a concern for all G7 leaders. There needs to be a thoughtful solution to the problem. Putting children in a detention center has one result - that the parents and children will be psychologically harmed.
Again... that is solely the fault of their parents, who put them into that situation. And again, why don't they try to move to one of the other South American countries instead?

Are you not aware of all the homeless living on the sidewalks and under the bridges in Southern California? And the rest of California up to Washington State? And what about all the homeless that just had to leave the national parks in Arizona due to the threat of wildfires?

Where are we supposed to put off of these illegals who think that they want to live in the US? WE HAVE NO LODGINGS OR WORK FOR THEM!!!!!!

Old 06-14-2018, 11:18 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,964,895 times
Quote:
Again... that is solely the fault of their parents, who put them into that situation. And again, why don't they try to move to one of the other South American countries instead?

Are you not aware of all the homeless living on the sidewalks and under the bridges in Southern California? And the rest of California up to Washington State? And what about all the homeless that just had to leave the national parks in Arizona due to the threat of wildfires?

Where are we supposed to put off of these illegals who think that they want to live in the US? WE HAVE NO LODGINGS OR WORK FOR THEM!!!!!!
I think it is the fault of the USA who proudly announces to the world that it is the land of the free, a democracy, and a place where human rights are valued. Given that children are being restricted and medicated in a detention center without having done anything wrong and without a trial, perhaps the messaging needs to be changed.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:21 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
Quote:
You are probably someone who believes that Native Americans had their country stolen away from them and deserve reparations. And you also believe that the descendants of slaves also deserve reparations.

So... why would you want all of these illegals and their children to enter the US, while the US is having an affordable housing crisis in all of their major cities, AND before the native Americans and the descendants of slaves get their communities sorted out????

You must think that all of us taxpayers are made of money, money that we have an excess of...

Otherwise, you can see that Canada doesn't want these illegals or refugees either. And BTW Canada has an awesome border wall, and it's called the United States of America!
Why should we want any immigrants to enter the U.S. given what you outlined above?

Why can't Indian tech workers stay in India and improve conditions in their country instead of stealing good paying jobs and housing from Americans?

Why can't the Chinese and Russians who come here for birth tourism give birth at home?

Oh, I know, that's "different."

Old 06-14-2018, 11:32 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why should we want any immigrants to enter the U.S. given what you outlined above?

Why can't Indian tech workers stay in India and improve conditions in their country instead of stealing good paying jobs and housing from Americans?

Why can't the Chinese and Russians who come here for birth tourism give birth at home?

Oh, I know, that's "different."
I'm fine with the Indian tech workers staying in India. And we should do away with anchor babies too. Next?

Old 06-14-2018, 11:34 AM
miu

Quote:
I think it is the fault of the USA who proudly announces to the world that it is the land of the free, a democracy, and a place where human rights are valued. Given that children are being restricted and medicated in a detention center without having done anything wrong and without a trial, perhaps the messaging needs to be changed.
Who the heck is announcing that? Certainly not me, but that sounds like something a Democrat might do.

I don't want America to be first in anything. I'd much rather that title go to another country. And maybe then, all these illegals would stop trying to enter the US.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:35 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,602,696 times
Quote:
Who the heck is announcing that? Certainly not me, but that sounds like something a Democrat might do.

I don't want America to be first in anything. I'd much rather that title go to another country. And maybe then, all these illegals would stop trying to enter the US.
Methinks you better take a look as how you are defining yourself as a humanist???

Old 06-14-2018, 11:38 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Hopefully they can call their parents and family. They are not living in Walmart, they are living in a detention center and restricted to 22 hours of being in that detention center each day. That's not a normal way to treat 10 year olds!
They are living in wal mart.
What do you suggest we do with 25,000 children a day coming over the boarder. Someone mentioned tents. this is where asylum seekers are housed at the boarder in many countries. Would you rather sprawling tent cities with little to no facilities be set up in the desert to house these people. Have you seen juvenile detention centers or group homes for our children?

Old 06-14-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Because Americans are the most selfish people on the planet. That doesn’t justify the theft of children by our government.
America takes in its fair share of refugees, actual immigrants, issues all sorts of visas, provides all sorts of humanitarian aid to countries all over the world. This country has also been way to lenient on illegals.

When adults break the law and are arrested their children are separated from them. Do you protest the separation of children from our own citizens when they have broken the law. Do you accuse the government of stealing children when DHS removes children or puts them in detentions centers and group homes?

Old 06-14-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
miu The parents of "third world countries" care deeply for their children that is why they seek asylum here, so they can survive and have a chance at living.
This recent influx is "seeking asylum" because they see it as a way around entering illegally. Generally if they are seeking asylum they have a fairly long wait for their case to be heard up to a year often in which time they are given benefits until their case is heard. During this time the norm has been to disappear and work illegally never showing up for their hearing. Families get that anchor baby out to play on the emotions of the justice system and public incase they are found and threatened with deportation some time down the road.

Most of these people are from Guatemala and Honduras. Mexico is the first safe country. If they were truly in need of asylum they could get that in Mexico. Most of these people do not meet the requirements for asylum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies