Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 09:37 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,575,119 times

Advertisements

Russia backs off on the provision of S-300 surface-to-air missiles to Syria

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN1IC0SW

The Israeli airstrike also coincided with the Netanyahu meeting with the Russians in Moscow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 09:59 AM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
No

Old 05-11-2018, 10:49 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
Whether they should have moved to central Europe to be surrounded by anti-semites such as yourself or elsewhere is irrelevant at this point. Too late, what's done is done.

If I were an Arab living in Israel today I would get on my knees every night and thank Allah that the European Jews showed up and turned that desert ****hole into a modern, free, and prosperous democracy.
I am not anti-Semite just because I am anti-Zionist. In fact I like some Jews (especially those in the West, good sense of humor) and Arabs as well (by far the largest group of Semites). And I don't mind Jews here in Europe at all.

Israel is only a good place for Jews, but not for others, be it in Israel or around it.
And whether or not a country is democratic does not really mean much, either. Especially when large parts of the population have radical views.
I won't even speak of all the corruption in Israeli politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I don't know where to start with either one of you two, so I decided to point you both into a direction of information. And it is pretty good information ...

Mark Levin aired his show from Israel May 22 - 24, 2017; I know it is a long listen and you may not even like the dude, but he covers the history of Israel, that dates back to 1000 bc.

Mark Levin Radio Show - May 23,2017

I'm a boomer that does not want to brainwash, but only wish to share information that you may not know.

Israel was not established against the locals wishes ... they were the locals. (time around 16:00 - 17:50, on the show i've linked)

By the time you're done with those three shows, it will be evident who the terrorists are and who has been supporting the terrorist.
Sorry, I won't waste my time on someone like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_L...nd_politicians
He is not even a historian. Just because someone has a Jewish name doesn't make them an expert, to the contrary, makes him suspicious in this context.
At the time modern Israel was founded, Jews were not the only locals there, there were many others. After all, I suppose you don't advocate turning back the hands of time thousands of years and ignoring everything that has happened since ancient times.

To me both Israel and its neighbors are terrorists. Israel only gets away with it because of the Holocaust and massive propaganda.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Okay, and I've never seen any racism first hand so why the hell should I believe it exists? I guess it doesn't.
That’s a dumbass analogy.

You’d know that it exists because you probably participate in it.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:45 AM

Since they struck military targets, the premise of this thread doesn't match the event. There are better examples of Israel engaging in the double game of terrorism.

support of Hamas to divide the Palestinians

support of Entebbe hijack

staged Egyptian attack to be blamed on Muslim Brotherhood

Old 05-11-2018, 12:23 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Regarding the "freedom" in Israel, there are some objective Jews that are actually investigating incidences and trying to bring Palestinians and Jews together, but they are often harassed and persecuted by their own government.

I think the real axis of evil these days is Washington-Jerusalem-Riyadh.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:33 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I've heard it said that what keeps America safe from turning into another war zone country is our allies. No one wants to take them all on, which means Israel would fight back as well. Could be truth in that statement. If we turn our backs on other countries, if the time comes we ever need them, they just may turn their backs on us. Just a thought ...
So if Israel is invading and bombing other countries we should support them regardless?

Old 05-11-2018, 02:27 PM

It sounds like it mainly done for Israel's internal politics. Their defense minister is calling it a one-off incident.

"Israel said it had no intention of further escalation, and analysts looking for clues to Iran’s potential response noted that its news media was largely ignoring the overnight hostilities, focusing instead on the nuclear deal. The English-language report on the airstrikes from Iran’s Fars news agency made no mention of Iranian involvement."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/w...-military.html

Iran's actions are handicapped while in the midst of negotiations with the EU and US. It turned out that Russia have relayed Israel's intentions to Iran in advance of the attack. In other words, they were informed of the pending attack by Israel through a third-party, Russia.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:38 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Regarding the "freedom" in Israel, there are some objective Jews that are actually investigating incidences and trying to bring Palestinians and Jews together, but they are often harassed and persecuted by their own government.

I think the real axis of evil these days is Washington-Jerusalem-Riyadh.
There is no axis of evil. There are only countries fighting for geopolitical interest. Bush's axis of evil was dumb as well.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:46 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,498,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am not anti-Semite just because I am anti-Zionist. In fact I like some Jews (especially those in the West, good sense of humor) and Arabs as well (by far the largest group of Semites). And I don't mind Jews here in Europe at all.

Israel is only a good place for Jews, but not for others, be it in Israel or around it.
And whether or not a country is democratic does not really mean much, either. Especially when large parts of the population have radical views.
I won't even speak of all the corruption in Israeli politics.
Unfortunately for you, these days ant-Semite and anti-Zionist are often correlated. Denying Jews the right to have their own state when countless Muslim and Christian nations exist is the definition of hypocrisy, especially when you consider how much those two religions took from Judaism.

Israel has a significant Arab population living within its borders, who hold citizenship. There are even Muslims in the Knesset. Large parts of the population do not have radical views. Places like Tel-Aviv, Eilat and Haifa are very modern. You will find some Orthodox Jews and right wingers here or there, but they are hardly representative of the whole population. They even have gay pride parades over there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies