Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2018, 08:39 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
I asked you to give me ONE country example of your dream society.
I don't have a "dream society." I'm a pragmatist. Fake utopias are the left's navel-gazing currency in trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 08:42 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,969,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Educate yourself: The Marshall Plan.
Your one-liners just prove you dont have a clue. Which country got the most money per person from the Marshall plan? UK. Which Western European country grew the slowest? UK. LOL.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I don't have a "dream society." I'm a pragmatist. Fake utopias are the left's navel-gazing currency in trade.
So you cant give a single example of a country that supports your claim. Proving my point beautifully.

Old 05-12-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Your one-liners just prove you dont have a clue.
No, it means it's really not all that hard to educate yourself. I have NO idea why SO many people still choose to remain under-informed, and instead wish to align their beliefs with sheer fantasy. /shrug

Old 05-12-2018, 08:58 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,379,922 times
When unions were strong, America was great

Old 05-12-2018, 09:01 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
I think the reaction would be quite different. Rednecks wouldn't care. But businesses would flee the US, left and right. Just look at what "tax me more" Warren Buffett did because BK had to pay too much corporate tax in the US: tax inversion to Canada to save millions of dollars in corporate taxes.

So you see, the left "talks" a big game, and the stooges buy it for some inexplicable reason, but when push comes to shove the left really just look out for only their own best interests.
You mean they would run to Communist China where workers have no rights?

In Capitalism, Unions are encouraged.
In Communism, Unions are not allowed.
Now ask yourself who sides more with Communism and also got in bed with China for cheap labor that have no rights?

Old 05-12-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
You mean they would run to Communist China where workers have no rights?
Not necessarily. Warren Buffett took BK to Canada.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:07 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. Warren Buffett took BK to Canada.
In Capitalism, Unions are encouraged.
In Communism, Unions are not allowed.
Now ask yourself who sides more with Communism and also got in bed with China for cheap labor that have no rights?

Old 05-12-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
No, it means it's really not all that hard to educate yourself. I have NO idea why SO many people still choose to remain under-informed, and instead wish to align their beliefs with sheer fantasy. /shrug
Yeah, like the UK getting three times as much Marshall aid as Western Germany after the war per person and growing by far the slowest of all Western European countries. You dont seem to understand what you write.

Yet, here you are talking about how Europe was destroyed and how that was the only reason American workers had it good (even though trade was a TINY part of the US economy at the time so it couldnt possibly be the reason), yet at the same time claim the Marshall aid meant Europe could boom (yet the country with the least aid grew the strongest and the Marshall aid poster boy the UK grew the slowest). You dont know what you talk about, simple as that.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:10 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
nationally:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/...rk-nationally/

...just when progressives were discovering state rights and federalism to resist Trump they want to go all fascist again.
They will fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies