Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 07:03 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I think this is appropriate for the worst state in the nation!
I am not a religious person but I just checked my wallet and its also on the back of the $20 bill!

Where is the outrage about that?

I know its easy to kick poor Mississippi with their large black population.

In fact 19 states have specialty license plates available with that phrase already.

You seem to be behind the curve a bit on this.

I would prefer it was not there but there are too many things to mention that I would like to change.

Don't lose too much sleep on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 07:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Conservatives love Putin because they love his anti-LGBT law and his commitment to restoring the church's role in Russian government. Putin is the kind of leader they would love to have here.
I sort of appreciate him for understanding why it was going to be a mistake for us to get involved in Syria.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:08 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why do atheists have this need to announce to everyone in room their lack of faith? Need attention? Maybe you are looking for God in your life in a subconscious way?
Most atheists I know keep it to themselves. Its usually Christians that wear their faith on their sleeves.

These plates are a perfect example.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:26 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Most atheists I know keep it to themselves. Its usually Christians that wear their faith on their sleeves.

These plates are a perfect example.

To them, the fact that atheists refuse to submit to the church's authority is "wearing it on our sleeves." Kind of like Christians claim they are persecuted whenever their authority is challenged.

I personally don't discuss religion unless I'm around other people who are atheists or agnostic. Otherwise, I just pretend to be a Christian because that's the most socially acceptable thing to be, especially in the Bible Belt.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:33 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
We ancaps have to use satire because Team Blue, Team Red, and Team MAGA are all to dumb to understand anything outside of their respective echo chambers.
Although I am firmly ensconced on Team Blue (in a philosophical sort of way), I do appreciate a schooling now again from a politically coherent person.

<tip of the hat>

Old 05-11-2018, 07:35 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,215,820 times
Good god, who the hell cares. It’s an awful state, the very worst in the country, I really don’t give a flying bleep what they want to put on their goddam license plates. I just wish they’d quit being such a welfare state that endlessly sucks money from wealthier states. Money which they use to perpetually forward their backwards, third world agendas. Get a grip and grow up, Mississippi. This is the 21st century.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:41 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,643,904 times
I wish that all state license plates were all white with black lettering, with no art or religious messages. It doesn’t belong there!

Old 05-11-2018, 07:43 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am not a religious person but I just checked my wallet and its also on the back of the $20 bill!

Where is the outrage about that?

I know its easy to kick poor Mississippi with their large black population.

In fact 19 states have specialty license plates available with that phrase already. [/b]

You seem to be behind the curve a bit on this.

I would prefer it was not there but there are too many things to mention that I would like to change.

Don't lose too much sleep on this one.
Having the phrase available is very different than the phrase being automatically assigned to every resident purchasing a license plate. That smacks of a poorly disguised attempt to push a state religion in a secular country.

Old 05-11-2018, 07:46 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Do you have a conniption fit when you look at US currency?
I don't know. I haven't looked at US currency in years.

Old 05-11-2018, 08:06 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't understand this either. There are many amazing people from Mississippi.

Elvis, Jimmy Buffett, Bo Diddley, Charles and Medgar Evans, Brett Favre, Jim Hensen, James Earl Jones, B.B. King, Walter Payton, Muddy Waters.........what's your problem here?
You are talking people who GOT OUT of the place.

Unfortunately, MS is by most any measure, the worst state in the continental USA....whether income, STD's, mortality, obesity, lack of education, etc. - it almost always is at the end of the list.

Believe it (or like it) or not, these are the things we measure civilization by....

It would be MUCH better for them to trust in Science, Education and Reason and Logic - Franklin and Jefferson could have told them that 250 years ago. So that is how far behind they wish to be...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies