Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 07:43 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You might guess who would be gleeful about the deaths of 7 people, including 4 children...
Working on usurping BentBow for the award of poster with the most top-quality threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 08:35 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Guess gun bans don't stop mass shootings after all:

7 Killed in Australian Mass Shooting
Guns aren’t banned in Australia. Ignorance or dishonesty on your part?

Old 05-13-2018, 03:57 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No, this is not a case in point as the criminal might indeed illegally attain a firearm but, as has been proven, in far less frequencies than at present. Now let's discuss the actual efficacy of non-criminals with firearms preventing the criminal or the insane from acting on their desire with their EASILY attained firearm.

You gonna sleep with one eye open, gun in your hand in the event someone like granddad cannot enter your room in the wee hours with his rifle bent on killing you.

U.S. shootings are so commonplace they do not even register in your awareness anymore.

You people really need to step back and reconsider this nonsense of your second amendment having any relative value in the present times, considering it's only gotten you to killing each other at a greater rate than the entire rest of mankind.

How Many lives saved?
https://youtu.be/V3ISxUEhycQ?t=2

Old 05-13-2018, 04:27 PM

10,531 posts, read 6,167,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Guess gun bans don't stop mass shootings after all:

7 Killed in Australian Mass Shooting
This is probably the weakest argument ever in the history of CD. One mass shooting in 25 years and apparently that's a fail.

America has mass shootings every day. THAT my friend, is a fail.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:50 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There is really no point in posting this tragedy. The gun control nuts do not run on logic. They can't even figure out that criminals ignore laws (i.e. that is what the word "criminal" means). How do you expect them to put two and two together on this one? You've got to understand that something in their heads will not allow a logical train of thought to connect the dots.
Exactly.

Illogical people dont know they're illogical.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:13 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
How Many lives saved?
https://youtu.be/V3ISxUEhycQ?t=2
A mere pittance compared to those lost. And.....were they saved from someone attempting to use a gun?

As I stated before; "you need your guns to protect yourselves from your other selves with guns." The perfect oxymoron.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:23 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Exactly.

Illogical people dont know they're illogical.
Which explains the irony of your post most eloquently.

I need my firearm to protect myself from other people who have firearms. An obivously failed concept but what's your answer.....why, more guns of course.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nce-statistics

"Mass shootings 11 times that of any other developed country" but it's the rest of us who are illogical? /Forrest Gump said it best ......Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 05-13-2018, 06:55 PM

1,196 posts, read 839,204 times
Quote:
A mere pittance compared to those lost. And.....were they saved from someone attempting to use a gun?

As I stated before; "you need your guns to protect yourselves from your other selves with guns." The perfect oxymoron.
and knives, spears, clubs, bombs etc...... MAGA

https://youtu.be/B1hY2iSot_k?t=33

Old 05-13-2018, 07:09 PM

2,309 posts, read 902,314 times
Quote:

Actually, defensive gun use happens at least 100,000 times a year. Most onky require the mere presenting of a firearm.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:32 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Which explains the irony of your post most eloquently.

I need my firearm to protect myself from other people who have firearms. An obivously failed concept but what's your answer.....why, more guns of course.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nce-statistics

"Mass shootings 11 times that of any other developed country" but it's the rest of us who are illogical? /Forrest Gump said it best ......Stupid is as stupid does.
Again, stupid people dont know they're stupid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies