Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 01:19 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaM View Post
Okay, how about anyone wearing a trench coat will be pulled aside and told to remove it for a search.
and if you are just wearing it because you're fat then you are made a target of ridicule? There aren't easy answers, my thought it that parents need to be held criminally liable if their kids take a gun out of the house

Old 05-21-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, that went over your head....
No, of course not, I'm just pointing out that if we cannot enforce current regulations, and you want more, how are we going to enforce more when we cannot enforce current?
According to you we aren't enforcing current laws, which by the way you fail to prove..so if you want to go down that rabbit hole, then why not get rid of all laws?

Old 05-21-2018, 01:32 PM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaM View Post
Okay, how about anyone wearing a trench coat will be pulled aside and told to remove it for a search.

That would be profiling, and profiling is bad...mkay....

Old 05-21-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The problem is this is unenforceable. And what if the kid was dead at the end of the day? You think the police will charge the parents in that situation? I think not. They don’t charge most people who leave their kids to die in hot cars out of sympathy. They will do the same for these parents.
No, the answer is metal detectors. Merely having armed guards still means at least one person gets shot. Metal detectors will prevent them from coming in the door. I’m sure some wily kid will find a way to work around that too, but if they stop happening for a while, maybe it will just end the madness.
This is media driven. And some hackers should bug the hell out of all the websites on this stuff. There are kids obsessing about this right now, thinking of ways to outdo the last one.
Unenforceable? If a kid gets in their parent's stash of drugs and dies of an overdose the parents are criminally charged, why not apply that same principle to parents who don't secure their guns?

Metal detectors are only useful if there is an armed guard positioned at every single one of them. There isn't enough money in most school budgets to pay teachers a decent wage but you want to divert what little there is to hiring armed guards and installing metal detectors, neither of which would work by the way unless you replaced all the windows in every school with bullet proof glass. And if two kids are working in concert then all that BS still won't protect kids, one goes in the school without any guns or ammos and the other kid throws the stuff over the fence to him. Sometimes you just have to stop and think about the idiocy of these 'remedies'.

Why not just require that all new guns sold be 'smart guns', and retrofit the guns most likely used in school shootings with smart technology?
https://smarttechfoundation.org/colu...vated-firearm/

Old 05-21-2018, 02:03 PM

35 posts, read 28,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Another school shooting this morning at a high school outside of Galveston

According to hearsay, at least one student was shot in the leg.

No information yet available if this was a dispute between 2 people or an intended mass shooting.

Suspect is in custody.
Murderous young males have always been here in America. The serial killer era from the 1960s to the 1990s where young males who had issues with women targeted hichhikers, prostitutes, and native college students have now morphed into mass shooters.

The same problem has always been here, and that is, why are males so violent towards women? Why are American males so violent?

Old 05-21-2018, 02:06 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,734,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What's wrong with teens today? Until 20 years ago this was pretty much inconceivable.

Is violence that accepted and life skills that lacking?
The kid was taunted and teased ruthlessly. There was a report that even the PE teacher gave him an insulting nickname like "smelly", or something like that. I'm sure that this harassment was done in front of others - bullies love to play to the crowd - the kid probably got tired of being outnumbered/outmatched and acted out.

I don't condone it, but to ignore the cause and write this off as some nutty kid who woke up one day and decided to shoot up a building on a random lark is absurd.

These incidents never surprise me.

I wonder if the kids who laughed at him while he was being teased still think it's funny...?

Old 05-21-2018, 02:07 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
teen puppy love is toxic
The fragile male ego is toxic.

Puppy love? Seriously, this kid was a creep who couldn't take no for an answer. Lets not give it some cutesy name and act like this type of behavior should be considered acceptable.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:12 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,027,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
I wonder if the kids who laughed at him while he was being teased still think it's funny...?
No, but they're probably talking about how they were right, that this kid was f'ed up.

Sorry, I don't feel sorry for this mass murderer going on a shooting spree is not going to earn him any respect or sympathy. Now instead of just a few kids in gym class knowing what a horrible human being he is, the whole world knows what a disgusting excuse for a human this kid is.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:15 PM

19,649 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance001 View Post
Murderous young males have always been here in America. The serial killer era from the 1960s to the 1990s where young males who had issues with women targeted hichhikers, prostitutes, and native college students have now morphed into mass shooters.

The same problem has always been here, and that is, why are males so violent towards women? Why are American males so violent?
There are a lot of abusive men out there. I don't know why. Some kill, some rape, some beat. I really don't know. I was surprised to find out men I would not have suspected have physically abused women.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:16 PM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
According to you we aren't enforcing current laws, which by the way you fail to prove..so if you want to go down that rabbit hole, then why not get rid of all laws?

Just uttering what your buddy joe biden stated....

Lets go down that rabbit hole, however, your failure is already noted, by the stupid comment of "why have any laws"?

Quote:
“And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.”
VP: We 'don't have the time' t | The Daily Caller
^^^ sucks being wrong, but you seem to be used to being wrong....

And no....we should enforce current laws...by your standards you want more laws, yet don't want to enforce current laws...

Last edited by chucksnee; 05-21-2018 at 02:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies