Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 08:28 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,430,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have never understood why so many white people actively try to dismiss black people's concerns over systemic racism.

Lack of empathy, education on history and prejudice, ignorance and social awareness play a big part.

The reason I say this is because I have white folks in my family as well as my own relationship. I have many friends that are white including my neighbors who are in interracial relationships. Those people that have personal, daily relationships with black people are fully and completely aware of the issues. They aren't lacking in acknowledgment and awareness of racism in this country.

The first thing some people will go to is that we are racist because we acknowledge and bring it to the forefront. Not one person can call me racist because my daily love and connection for all people is something I will always take pride in on a daily basis. I feel for the racists. They are losing their agenda daily and it shows in their mean-spirited verbal attacks.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:34 AM

24,666 posts, read 9,487,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I have never understood why so many white people actively try to dismiss black people's concerns over systemic racism.
Probably because systematic racism has been blown out of proportion as an excuse to justify laziness. As a black man, there is no one stopping us from using our computer to get an online degree.

We just had a black president for 8 years for crying out loud.

Last edited by Rocko20; 05-29-2018 at 08:42 AM..

Old 05-29-2018, 08:52 AM

393 posts, read 409,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
Explain the math to me. How many successful black singers and totals equals one Emmet Till?
I'm positive that white; men, women, girls and boys, have been the victims of black perpetrated violent crimes and death. I'm positive that many of these were exasperated primarily because of race. Emmet Till was over 50 years ago, just like slavery was over 150 years ago. Seldom reported because it doesn't fit the narrative. It can't be racist because only whites are racist. (see Starbucks racial training).

How long does it take to "get over it". My great great grandparents came over from Norway in 1860; They assimilated into the culture, learned a new language, raised families as Americans, etc. on and on. Not once have I asked for reparations because the US and it's people took from my people long long ago.

Apples and oranges you say. Well, I'm 1/16th Lakota Sioux, shouldn't I get something for generations past. It's these "race baiters" that keep this going on and on. Obama could have been a unifier, yet he promoted the victim card and blew up the racial discord of today.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:08 AM

42,862 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Probably because systematic racism has been blown out of proportion as an excuse to justify laziness. As a black man, there is no one stopping us from using our computer to get an online degree. We just had a black president for 8 years for crying out loud.
nah..probably because systemic racism is alive and well in the US and it's easier to claim that blacks are racist or that racism doesn't exist than to admit how endemic and deep rooted it is among older white folk.

This relatively new tact of blaming blacks and others for being racist reminds me of the schoolyard rhyme "I am rubber, you are glue, bounce off me and stick to you"

Old 05-29-2018, 09:12 AM

42,862 posts, read 26,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krug View Post
I'm positive that white; men, women, girls and boys, have been the victims of black perpetrated violent crimes and death. I'm positive that many of these were exasperated primarily because of race. Emmet Till was over 50 years ago, just like slavery was over 150 years ago. Seldom reported because it doesn't fit the narrative. It can't be racist because only whites are racist. (see Starbucks racial training).

How long does it take to "get over it". My great great grandparents came over from Norway in 1860; They assimilated into the culture, learned a new language, raised families as Americans, etc. on and on. Not once have I asked for reparations because the US and it's people took from my people long long ago.

Apples and oranges you say. Well, I'm 1/16th Lakota Sioux, shouldn't I get something for generations past. It's these "race baiters" that keep this going on and on. Obama could have been a unifier, yet he promoted the victim card and blew up the racial discord of today.
Your grandparents were white, so were mine, they fit in very nicely in 19th century America. As far as being 1/16 Sioux, so what? That's not enough for people to pigeonhole you as a drunken indian or a ne'er do well. You experience white privilege every day and so do I, the difference is that you seem to want to make excuses for racism and deny it and I want to bring it out into the light of day and hopefully disinfect it and rid ourselves of it.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:32 AM

13,631 posts, read 4,946,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
There was a black President of the USA!

Now a black or mixed race, divorced woman marries the Prince of England.

We have multi million dollar black singers, actors, etc.

We have/had black people in our government.

Can we now finally say that the race card should be history!

There are just good and bad people and nasty people who say nasty things and they come in all
Colors!

Let’s move on ..,
Slavery was ended in 1865. I guess we should have said stop playing the race card back then.

Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in 1947. I guess we should have stopped playing the race card then.

The first black students were allowed to enroll in the University of Alabama (under protection of the National Guard) in 1963. I guess we should have stopped playing the race card then.

You think that having a black President means racism no longer exists? Tell that to the girl who was run over in Charlottesville.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
nah..probably because systemic racism is alive and well in the US and it's easier to claim that blacks are racist or that racism doesn't exist than to admit how endemic and deep rooted it is among older white folk.

This relatively new tact of blaming blacks and others for being racist reminds me of the schoolyard rhyme "I am rubber, you are glue, bounce off me and stick to you"
What a bizzare post

I guess all those highly educated and successful black African immigrants in America just aren’t black enough

Quote:
African immigrants to the US are among the most educated groups in the United States. Some 48.9 percent of all African immigrants hold a college diploma.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afri..._United_States

Thank God African immigrants refuse to play the lazy race card. We African Americans will just keep playing it while they live highly successful lives.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:33 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,430,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Probably because systematic racism has been blown out of proportion as an excuse to justify laziness. As a black man, there is no one stopping us from using our computer to get an online degree.

We just had a black president for 8 years for crying out loud.

Having a Master's, PD, or any other degree doesn't stop or diminish racism. In fact, it may be more visible when you obtain higher status. I talked to a black male middle school principal that is in a mostly white school district tell me that white people question his credentials all the time. They minimize his experience and education because he is black. The white male principals in that same district don't have that experience.

There are people teaching their young elementary children the N word and negative terms for Asians, Indians and Hispanics. When a principal has to address an entire school about race in this country there is a problem.

These stories are happening on a daily basis to black and brown folks. Lawyers, teachers, in neighborhoods, Spanish speakers, coffee shops, parks, stores, restaurants etc. The evidence is overwhelming. There are hundreds of other stories that don't make the news.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Having a Master's, PD, or any other degree doesn't stop or diminish racism. In fact, it may be more visible when you obtain higher status.
You’re still living your life to the fullest and disproving black stereotypes. It’s far better than being on welfare.
Quote:
I talked to a black male middle school principal that is in a mostly white school district tell me that white people question his credentials all the time. They minimize his experience and education because he is black. The white male principals in that same district don't have that experience.
He should find a new school district.

But congrats, you talked to a black person. I am a black person.
Quote:
There are people teaching their young elementary children the N word and negative terms for Asians, Indians and Hispanics. When a principal has to address an entire school about race in this country there is a problem.
Those children won’t make it very far in life when they have a black, Asian, or Hispanic boss

Where is your source for this nonsense?
Quote:
These stories are happening on a daily basis to black and brown folks. Lawyers, teachers, in neighborhoods, Spanish speakers, coffee shops, parks, stores, restaurants etc. The evidence is overwhelming. There are hundreds of other stories that don't make the news.
Again, where is your source?

You will not get away with baseless claims like this.

Old 05-29-2018, 09:48 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,056,430 times
I'm afraid then it won't be easy to stop it and worse, there's some cases who happens between minorities as well as shown in this article from early May and more recently from the NY Post. https://nypost.com/2018/05/28/black-...man-on-subway/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies