Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 12:39 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Unbelievable that you can't understand that the child is INNOCENT of the horrible crime of rape. So, again, why kill the child?
Who the **** wants the souvenir of a rape with the genes of the rapist in tow to boot. If your sister, daughter or wife had to make the decision of keeping the fetus of a rapist in their respective wombs, carrying it to term and lovingly raising it, that would certainly be their business and right to do so, but to believe that you can force those beliefs on anyone else is atrocious and quite frankly...nuts.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 05-26-2018 at 01:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 12:43 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I don't care what other countries decide to do internally, only how they affect the US, which affects me. However there should be no abortions once the fetus can live outside the womb. That is infanticide.
Like it or not, banning all abortion is not even catching on in the deeply devoted Christian Right state of Oklahoma. In polling for the Republican primary for governor, the candidate who promises to ban all abortion in Oklahoma by closing down all abortion clinics in only getting 4%. The candidate claims since Colorado can defy federal law by legalizing medical marijuana, then Oklahoma can defy the Feds by banning abortion.

Old 05-26-2018, 02:41 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
While rape is a digsutingly terrible crime and I support the death sentence for rapists, the child is innocent in it all. Why kill it?
I'm fortunate to have never experienced this, but I'm quite certain that if I was held down and raped and then forced to carry the ever-growing seed of that for 9 months and then go through the gruesome excruciating ordeal of birth, it'd feel like being raped again...for 9 months straight, only to be left with even more scars.

Meanwhile the offspring would be surrendered to the state essentially due to being a constant reminder of rape, because I know I wouldn't be able to handle that.

If that sounds like a disgusting and un-motherly attitude...that's because it is. And it's the reason I'm thankful that I live in a place where I wouldn't have to be a mother unless I chose to be.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:10 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
Easy, a woman who was considering abortion, could instead seek a fund, by the conservatives in the US.. or just make it the state, where taxpayers should pay ALL costs going to the woman and Childs medical bills for the Childs life up to 18, all the Childs schooling, food, cloths etc etc up to the age of 18.

The woman would have free healthcare for ALL medical issues that could be contributed to childbirth the rest of here life.

The child would be covered for life, if they where born with a life long illness.

Conservatives loves fetuses, but does not give a rats ass about what happens with the child or mother after birth!
If they where covered by taxpayers / conservative "life fund" there would be more births!

But, the one thing conservatives hates more then abortions, is paying taxes to help other people!

Fact!

Last edited by Northman83; 05-26-2018 at 04:22 AM..

Old 05-26-2018, 05:41 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
to hate babies so much that you need to kill them is sorta sick.
It’s a choice, NOT a child.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:51 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.â€" (set 3 days ago)

27,184 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Progress for freedom of choice in Ireland...good for them!

Common sense prevails.
Irish women had abortions anyway, they just took a flight or ferry to England, as Northern Ireland remains the oinly place in the UK where abortion remains illegal.

So this will just save them from having to take a short flight.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:55 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Dude, I am for complete and total secession.

Start by letting each of the 50 states declare its independence, then, after everything settles, let each county secede, then finally, every municipality. Eventually abolish all government. AnCapistan at last.

HELL YES!
Russia ,China and Iran would be here so fast your head would spin.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:06 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Irish women had abortions anyway, they just took a flight or ferry to England, as Northern Ireland remains the oinly place in the UK where abortion remains illegal.

Just like New Jersey women took a PATH train when New York legalized abortion before Roe. I wonder if most people know there were 13 states which did before Roe?

Old 05-26-2018, 08:43 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

One should not have to leave their country to be in control of their bodies. It is likely very much the principal of the issue as well as the personal physical factors.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:09 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
It's official! Ireland voted 66% in favor of repeal. That's a stunning victory for advocates of choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies