Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 01:09 PM

989 posts, read 769,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
TreeBeard, it's sad to say but you are dead on with this assessment. I've been kicking around long enough to see the whole spin-down - from a once proud nation where we valued such old-fashioned ideas as honesty and integrity and humility, to a nation of self-centered children, who elected an an egotistical loud-mouthed bully, in many cases because they liked him on the Apprentice. I'd say half of the 40% really don't comprehend what they are buying into when they support Donald Trump. The next two years will tell the tale. Trump will either hold onto them and steal their souls - or they will revert to their core values. We will see in 2020.
Unfortunately when you have the majority of the population basically living from paycheck to paycheck, and being uneducated or undereducated, the results are just like this. It is easy to hoodwink them into believing anything. (The world is Flat Right?).

They cannot see the pseudo aristocracy stealing from them and their children. They at happy to go without healthcare and basically believe anything they hear.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:11 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,385,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
Trump told a reporter point blank why he lies so much and runs down the media.

He says because he knows if he talks enough and discredits enough (Muller too) that the majority of his base will believe him, and not the truth.

I have to say this, or the Gullible's will accuse me of being a Liberal.

I am a Republican, just not a Gullible one. I and ALL of my educated republican friends see righ through the charade, and are ashamed to call him our president. See you at the Ballot Box.

True Trumpers just believe everything he says, again because they at Gullible.
did I miss your referenced source for this alleged trump quote?

Old 05-29-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
Sure but would you rather have Hillary? It was that simple for a lot of people.
ANYONE other than Trump........ and actually yes after a year of this crap. Most of the SMART ones, like me are regretting it. I would have voted for Bernie actually.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:12 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,123,288 times
Quote:

He says because he knows if he talks enough and discredits enough (Muller too) that the majority of his base will believe him, and not the truth.

I am a Republican, just not a Gullible one. I and ALL of my educated republican friends see righ through the charade, and are ashamed to call him our president. See you at the Ballot Box.

Whatever you say JEB!

Old 05-29-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
did I miss your referenced source for this trump quote?
Obviously. It has been on TV a few times. Not On Factless News, but many others.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:15 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,385,367 times
Quote:
Obviously. It has been on TV a few times. Not On Factless News, but many others.
May I have a youtube source then? a network where it was said by trump, perhaps? or even the source where you read he said it?

956 posts, read 1,207,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
I noticed something that most Trumpsters seem to have in common. They do not use Google at all. They won`t fact check Trump or FOX news because what they hear makes them happy. Why would they fact check?

They have been trained - It started when the fairness doctrine was overturned which lend to the rise of AM radio and then the late 90s Fox News....Trump supporters really believe everyone is lying to them, but Trump himself and those who kiss his feet. In their minds for decades they have been told most of the media is liberal.

11,404 posts, read 4,083,387 times
Quote:

Just know that you are not alone. There are plenty of conservatives who are disgusted by these "republicans" who have emerged from their dark corners of society to root for a man that insults and disrespects anyone who doesn't agree with everything he says.

I cross my fingers that the Rs lose the House in November and that a more reasonable republican run against Trump in 2020. Either that or run as conservative independent to steal votes from Trump.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:17 PM

683 posts, read 464,587 times
I'd like to have the proof to back this up.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:18 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,419,953 times
He said it on the campaign trail.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ot-lose-voters

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/23/polit...ort/index.html

He showed his base who he was before the election. I will never understand how anyone can support him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies