Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 01:52 AM

29,228 posts, read 22,455,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This calls for impeachment!
How can a First Lady be impeached?

It's definitely weird to think about. The position isn't an official one, exactly, even though it has official duties attached to it. Nothing is mentioned about it in the Constitution, and there are few laws that pertain to the position.

In the past, some of the First Ladies weren't wives. One was a daughter, another was a cousin. President Buchanan was a lifelong bachelor who used his orphaned niece as First Lady. At least one First Lady became the unofficial acting President for the rest of her husband's term.

Since not a single one of them was ever elected, I don't think there's any way by law to force a First Lady out of the White House. Or, if she wants to go, there's nothing that can force her to stay.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:09 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,829,735 times
Might be that she has much more serious health problems than officially stated.

Walter Reed is a heavy duty medical facility. My father got messed up pretty bad toward the end of WW2 and spent more than a year there in total - both as in-patient and out-patient.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:51 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,400,859 times
Wow, you leftists are pathetic.

Nothing but venomous hatred here in this thread.

You know where Melania is right now?

In your head; she's in your head.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:03 AM

24,784 posts, read 9,567,762 times
Poor woman. She just wanted to be an average gold digger, never asked to be in the spotlight.

Can’t a woman trade in her morals, looks, and body for money in peace?

Old 05-31-2018, 03:23 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,819,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
As much as I dislike Trump, I don't think he is a wife beater. A wife abuser, maybe, because he certainly does not treat them with respect, and has no reservations about chasing every other woman in a skirt, even while the wife at home is pregnant.

But , from what we see of how he has to say vile things about everyone else, I bet he is also verbally abusive to Melania too. Ozzie Nelson he ain't.
Ivana gave a very disturbing deposition about trump ripping her hair out when he was angry about the plastic surgeon she recommended for his scalp reduction surgery. She claims he said he was in pain and wanted her to feel pain also.

I have no idea if he beat up Melania, but it is plausible based on his history.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:45 AM

51,681 posts, read 25,934,948 times
Why would Trump hide that she had a serious health problem? Seemed he would be tweeting out updates constantly in order to gain sympathy for himself. Also, his visits to he hospital seemed a bit sparse for a serious health issue.

Facelift? "Procedures" are hardly hidden these days. Plus, everyone will be scrutinizing the before and after photos, so why the big mystery? Also, no leaks from the press. Which would be odd with a facelift.

According to "a source close to the First Lady" HollywoodLife, of all places, comes up with what seems to have a ring of truth to it.

“It’s been a hideously stressful past few months, and Melania needs a break out of the media glare to recharge her batteries and take stock.”

Melania Trump Disappeared Post-Surgery To Rest & Strengthen Marriage – Hollywood Life

Her husband is under tremendous pressure with Republicans and even Shep Smith/Fox calling nonsense on his latest conspiracy tale. Giuliani, his legal champion, is acting like an old fool and clearly not up to the task of protecting him. NK Leader Kim is jerking him around. He just gave a rambling rally speech filled with lies, exaggerations, insults, and boasts to an arena that was nearly half empty. Trump may only have tenuous grip on reality, but even he knows things are not going well.

Melania launched her "Be Best" initiative to widespread ridicule.

It's no wonder she needs to "take stock."

I think that's exactly what she's doing.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:53 AM

8,399 posts, read 4,397,027 times
Well, when you find out your husband has been screwing or trying to screw every woman he meets takes a little getting used to.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:10 AM

51,681 posts, read 25,934,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Well, when you find out your husband has been screwing or trying to screw every woman he meets takes a little getting used to.
I forgot that, but you are right there.

Though I expect this is not exactly news to her. They've been together for going on two decades now.

But the public humiliation is new.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:36 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,695,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Might be that she has much more serious health problems than officially stated.

Walter Reed is a heavy duty medical facility. My father got messed up pretty bad toward the end of WW2 and spent more than a year there in total - both as in-patient and out-patient.
I don't believe for a minute she wrote that tweet. I also don't believe she had plastic surgery.

What I do think is that she had/has a far more serious medical condition and/or surgery than they let on. She had a 5 day hospital stay. That's unusual in most any surgery. She has also be totally out of sight for a few weeks now. Nope, she had something serious done and she's probably got a 6 week recuperation ahead of her.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:46 AM

125 posts, read 85,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Hill sure adjusted to that lifestyle, didn’t she? I’m surprised it’s not a reason on her “Why I Lost Tour”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies