Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2018, 06:57 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,313,030 times

Advertisements

Just like Obama did when he was in. Every move he made, every step he took.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:03 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,687,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
the color of every suit he wore! LOL how quickly they forget.

Clinton and Obama seem to 'live in their heads'!

Old 06-03-2018, 07:29 AM

8,839 posts, read 4,827,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
maybe they can get you guys a toilet schedule so you can monitor their bowel movements... President Trump and his family controls your minds. That's funny.
You probably think every one of a trump's bowel movements is a gift from God,

Most of us are sick of being lied to by this administration about every matter large and small.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:25 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,968,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
of course he's with her. the cheeto doesn't want him. baron is 'flawed' and we all know the cheeto likes people who are not flawed, from his own words.

I have never seen him interact with baron in any public event, although he doesn't have a problem doing that with his other children, especially ivanka. even tiffany gets the cold shoulder, probably because of who her mother is.

that cheeto is one disgusting POS!

my feeling is that she left and the cheeto clan is having a pow-wow to get their stories straight. either that or she's dead.
Trump is vindictive and controlling. He would view Barron as a hostage to fortune, and would likely seek custody just to spite Melania and for damage control. I agree that he seems to take little interest in the boy - which may not be a bad thing, under the circumstances. Boy's less likely to be corrupted that way. Though I believe Trump once said something about playing golf with Barron at Mar-a-Lago.

As for whether or not Barron is "flawed" (I assume you're referring to the rumor that he has Asperger's syndrome or something similar), the public hasn't seen enough of him to know what he's like. He did look very bored at the ceremonial arrival of the White House Christmas Tree and at the Easter Egg Roll, but at his age, looking cool is everything and he very well could have been embarrassed by his forced presence at these childish-in-his-view activities.

However, Barron was filmed playing peek-a-boo with a baby nephew in the viewing stand at the Inaugural Parade, but that's the only warm, age-appropriate, affectionate and spontaneous activity I've ever noticed. But then, he's the Invisible Boy most of the time (got it from his mother, evidently).

Barron certainly has a much lower presence than did Chelsea Clinton or Amy Carter or the Obama or Nixon or Johnson girls, when they were living in the White House. Interviews with the young teenaged Johnson and Nixon girls even appeared in magazines and newspapers of the time. Susan Ford was also interviewed by the press when her father was president.

Girls can be more personable and self-possessed at an earlier age than boys, true - but Amy Carter was shy as a child, yet appeared regularly when it was appropriate (and sometimes at State Dinners, when it was NOT particularly appropriate for a ten year old to be present).

Chelsea Clinton was also at an awkward age when her father was elected president, yet was not kept out of sight and appeared when it was appropriate. The Obama, Nixon and Johnson daughters were constantly visible. All the girls responded to cameras and crowds by smiling and waving or otherwise acknowledging their presence - for that matter, even three-year-old Princess Charlotte of Wales is known for her enthusiastic waving at the cameras.

Barron ignores the press and the small portion of the public invited to White House events.

Even the Eisenhower grandchildren had a much more visible presence than does Barron.

Children in the public eye do need special protection, that goes without saying. But invisibility just creates confusion and leads to unconfirmed suspicions, just as we are seeing right here.

Like his mother, Barron may have stories to tell once he's away from his present situation and older...

P.S.

I share your suspicions about the rather odd Trump family gathering at Camp David this weekend. Isn't the area getting heavy rain?

Something's up.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 06-03-2018 at 09:54 AM..

Old 06-03-2018, 09:45 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,968,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Not to mention all the ugliness and name-calling directed at Michelle Obama, some of it still going on regularly right here on C-D. Really inane, non-productive, unclever stuff (though the perps seem to think themselves quite clever).

Old 06-03-2018, 09:56 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,577,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

my feeling is that she left and the cheeto clan is having a pow-wow to get their stories straight.

Maybe the are trying to decide who is the better First Lady stand-in, Ivanka or Tiffany. Which one will Be-Best?

Old 06-03-2018, 10:07 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,687,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
As for whether or not Barron is "flawed" (I assume you're referring to the rumor that he has Asperger's syndrome or something similar), the public hasn't seen enough of him to know what he's like. He did look very bored at the ceremonial arrival of the White House Christmas Tree and at the Easter Egg Roll, but at his age, looking cool is everything and he very well could have been embarrassed by his forced presence at these childish-in-his-view activities.
yes, that's why I put the word in quotes. that's not my assessment but I believe it is the cheeto's, based on his lack of interaction with barron.

the pardoning of the turkeys last thanksgiving was painful to watch (for me, anyway). barron was expressionless and his father ignored him the entire time.

very sad.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:12 AM

24,170 posts, read 15,251,211 times
About election time a story appeared all over from one of the Trump son's college room mate. Seems Donald came to the room to pick up the son to attend a ballgame. The son had on kid clothes appropriate for a ballgame. The room mate witnessed Trump slapping his son's face, telling him to dress properly then waiting at the door while the kid changed into a coat and tie to attend a ballgame. Bet Barron's brothers instructed him to tow the line when Donald is around.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:39 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,931,890 times
trump is hosting a WH Ramadan dinner on Wed. These dinners are something all FLOTUS's like to get involved in. If she's a no-show on Wed.....time to send out the cadaver dogs.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:12 AM

26,666 posts, read 28,874,791 times
Forget about this being a first family. In a family, if the wife goes into the hospital, stays five days longer than normal, is rarely visited by her husband, and then goes to live at her parents' house with her son, what is it?

Add in the humiliating womanizing scandal, and it's a wife seeking a divorce.

Either he hit her and that's how she ended up in the hospital or she was verging on a nervous breakdown that was covered up by the hospitalization. Either way, maybe they thought a few days of tranquilizers, peace and quiet, would fix what ailed her. She's left her husband for a divorce. So far, that's what it looks like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies