Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 09:15 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hey, being one didn't stop the current POTUS.
Or the last one. Or the the before that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 09:16 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I agree with you re the bolded.

It was reported that some white customers were sticking up for them and, among other things, saying that they (the white customers sticking up for them) were allowed to use the bathroom without buying anything and without any subsequent consequences. The company can have a policy that some customers might not like, but they can't apply it inconsistently among people of different races. I'm guessing both the city and the company could possibly have smelled a lawsuit that would involve Title II of the Civil Rights Act and, as such, both did the smart thing and settled.
And they didn't pretend or come up with excuses. They just acknowledged it and addressed it. That's what I want to see, acknowledge it, fix it and be done.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If that is racism against whites, then we see the world very very very very differently.
Yes, we've noticed that.

Quote:
Those two guys did absolutely nothing wrong, they were waiting for their friend just like customers do every single day.
They stayed when they were asked to leave. That is a crime.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:21 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Yes, we've noticed that.

They stayed when they were asked to leave. That is a crime.
Why were they asked to leave when they were meeting someone for coffee and others are allowed to do the same? Obviously Trump supporters are going to say the white are persecuted, the white are discriminated against and they will vote for Trump. I don't expect anything different. We learned a lot with the election of Obama, the election of Trump and Charleston. For those of us who don't agree with Trump and his supporters, we will obviously be voting for someone else. And I would be fine with voting for Howard Schultz if he wins the Democratic primary.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:31 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You know what my problem is with this, though? We've heard nothing from the fired employee, which is curious in itself.
But what motivation would those white customers (who were sticking up for the black guys) have to lie ?....

A sudden desire to be some type of SJW who dismisses what he/she has genuinely experienced?..... To me, that doesn't seem likely. What seems most likely (to me) is that those white customers would be reacting with sharing what had actually been the personal scenario for each of them.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why were they asked to leave when they were meeting someone for coffee and others are allowed to do the same?
You weren't there, which is why you're asking questions, and which is why you can't say that others are allowed to do the same.

We don't know any of the things you're asking us to presume, but we do know that they broke the law by refusing to leave.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
But what motivation would those white customers (who were sticking up for the black guys) have to lie ?....
"Sticking up" for them? What does that even mean?

"I don't care if non-customers hang out here as long as I got here first and have my favorite table"?

Old 06-04-2018, 10:36 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:

A sudden desire to be some type of SJW who dismisses what he/she has genuinely experienced?..... To me, that doesn't seem likely. What seems most likely (to me) is that those white customers would be reacting with sharing what had actually been the personal scenario for each of them.
To support/rationalize their beliefs about "the system?" I asked myself the same question regarding the Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin cases when you had "witness" after "witness" supporting already published narratives, only to be disproved by the actual forensic or other evidence.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:38 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,070,474 times
The guy is a complete imbecile. But he's a welcome to jump off a cliff politically like he did in business.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:14 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
there will be no shortage of interesting democrat presidential candidates if even half the democrats contemplating a run actually do run. the republicans had 17 choices and nominated a political outsider in 2016. it isn't a stretch to think the dems could do the same in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies