Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 07:09 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,149,135 times

Advertisements

I was thinking this myself about the "peaceful" demonstrations, when I heard about the incendiary kites.

Stop demonizing Israel for defending itself
By Ron Dermer

...The terrorist organization committed to Israel’s destruction can still manipulate the media into demonizing Israel for the legitimate actions it takes to defend itself....
Yahya Sinwar, the leader of Hamas in Gaza, could not have been clearer about his goals: “We will take down the border and tear out their hearts from their bodies"...
The media also insisted that these riots had been peaceful protests, or “mostly” peaceful, whatever that means. Apparently, grenades, molotov cocktails, fire kites, explosive devices, guns and machetes don’t quite hit the media’s bar for what constitutes Palestinian violence...
In Facebook posts, Hamas called for the rioters to “bring a knife, dagger or gun,” and embedded its own forces in the crowds, ready and willing to kill and kidnap Israelis.

For the complete article:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.49f2ca84ee65
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 11:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Oh well. Thank goodness that this is happening on the other side of the world and doesn’t involve us.

The Palestinians are far from peaceful, but neither is anyone else in that region. The Israelis are just as bad.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:13 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,149,135 times
No, they are not just as bad. For one thing, they don't do things like deliberately target civilians.

I can't tell if you're being funny or not in claiming that it doesn't involve us.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:33 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,598,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh well. Thank goodness that this is happening on the other side of the world and doesn’t involve us.

The Palestinians are far from peaceful, but neither is anyone else in that region. The Israelis are just as bad.
No, they are not. If the Palestinians really wanted a peace deal they could have it.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
No, they are not just as bad. For one thing, they don't do things like deliberately target civilians.

I can't tell if you're being funny or not in claiming that it doesn't involve us.

Why? It does not involve us. We should not be involved. Its another country.

And yes they do do things that target civilians.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:11 PM

13,231 posts, read 21,851,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
And yes they do do things that target civilians.
Any examples?

Old 06-06-2018, 07:21 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Any examples?
Shrug. Sure. The policy of bulldozing the family home of anyone who attacks them. Basically punishing the family.

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/israeli-so...za-war-1499564

Or this. Keep in mind-this is from the Israeli soldiers who are claiming they were ordered to fire upon civilians.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:43 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,771,109 times
Borders, guns, tall walls
Good for us, but not for you
American goyim

Last edited by The Dark Enlightenment; 06-06-2018 at 07:52 PM..

Old 06-06-2018, 07:51 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Hell no I’m not being funny. I can’t control what you laugh at.

And Israel targets civilians all the time. They sure as hell kill a lot of civilians for a group that claims that they don’t target civilians.

Sure they say they don’t, but why should I take their word for it? Based on what? Jews can be just as ignoble as any other ethnic group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No, they are not. If the Palestinians really wanted a peace deal they could have it.
Nonsense. They can have the peace deal that their nemesis wants to shove down their throats. Why should they accept that? Would you?

Look, these are two bad actors going at each other’s throats. Let them be...they’ll figure it out on their own or annihilate each other trying. It’s nothing to us either way.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:53 PM

13,231 posts, read 21,851,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Shrug. Sure. The policy of bulldozing the family home of anyone who attacks them. Basically punishing the family.

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/israeli-so...za-war-1499564

Or this. Keep in mind-this is from the Israeli soldiers who are claiming they were ordered to fire upon civilians.
First of all, they were military targets, probably rocket launch sites. Plus, according to your link, the IDF dropped leaflets informing them in advance where they were going to shell, and the they ignored the warning.

Tell me, does Hamas drop leaflets to Israeli border communities when it fires rockets into them or throws fire bombs into them? Of course not. Your attempted equivalence is ludicrously false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies