Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2018, 12:05 PM

51,692 posts, read 25,972,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
And plenty of women are badly affected by and even regret having children.

You know what minimizes regrets? Letting women make their own decisions.
I know a number of women who have plainly stated that if they had to do it over again, they would never have had children. These are all women that wanted children, were married at the time but found out that despite their best efforts, raising children is hard work and a lot of heart ache.

I loved raising our kids. Had a ball. Best years of my life. Our kids grew up to be terrific people -- responsible, competent, caring. I credit a great husband and luck of the DNA draw.

However, we have friends who've been robbed by their kids, who are now reluctantly raising grandkids, who are facing a shaky financial future due to paying for rehab, and otherwise bailing their kids out of one jam or another.

Raising kids isn't for everyone.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:07 PM

51,692 posts, read 25,972,257 times
There are over 100,000 children in foster care awaiting adoption.

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/lif...on-statistics/

Once these children are all adopted, and we have paid maternity leave and a safety net for parents and children in place, then we can revisit whether to outlaw abortion.

Until then, keep your self-righteousnous to yourself.

If you don't believe in abortion. Fine. Don't have one.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:07 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,262,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm not ignoring anything.

How does it help a women to make an appt, take time off work, drive to clinic, pay for visit ... only to find out that PP does NOT offer the services that she is seeking???

So know she has to start all over with another clinic.

I'm confused as to how telling a patient that they need to go somewhere else is *helping.*

Would you want to have to deal with that? Be honest about what services they offer. It's fact. Not opinion.

They do NOT offer prenatal, OB, delivery, mammograms. They do NOT take care of pregnant women. They do NOT diagnose breast cancer.

Facts.
When making an appointment, you are asked what the appointment will be for. I have never had a medical appointment without telling them what the issue was that I needed help with.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,262,544 times
Quote:
Well they do late term abortions so if she did, I'm pretty sure how the situation would end.
No they don't. Only a handfull of doctors that do late term abortions in the whole country and they are bound by very strict laws.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:13 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,462,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Sharon Osbourne: Having an Abortion Was the "Worst Thing I Ever Did" | LifeNews.com

She recounted: “I had an abortion at 17 and it was the worst thing I ever did . . . I went alone. I was terrified. It was full of other young girls, and we were all terrified and looking at each other and nobody was saying a bloody word. I howled my way through it, and it was horrible. I would never recommend it to anyone because it comes back to haunt you. When I tried to have children, I lost three — I think it was because something had happened to my cervix during the abortion.”

It would be great if she started a program to educate teen girls on the bad effects of abortion.
There are a ton of medical procedures that may have some bad side effects. Most side effects of abortion are listed like any other medical procedure.

She obviously believes she was punished by some invisible force for having the abortion which just sounds a bit cray cray to me. Maybe a shrink could help her out a bit with that.

I don't think that really makes her a good candidate for educating teen girls in anything. Just a good candidate for a psychologist.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:32 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Not sure why people should "really care about the reproductive health of women" who end the life of the child they don't want to produce.
I'm not sure why people should care about what any random women does regarding her own reproduction or medical decisions that has no impact on their life whatsoever.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:43 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,365,012 times
Quote:
Not sure why people should "really care about the reproductive health of women" who end the life of the child they don't want to produce.
So, pretty much you only care about life when it is in fetal form?

Old 06-06-2018, 12:49 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,088,810 times
Quote:
It is not a parasite. By definition, not feelings or yelling or stuff written on signs.

A parasite does direct harm to a host.

A baby is not a parasite, in fact it can improve the health of the mother.

Oh good grief. I thought I couldn't hear anything more ridiculous. I was wrong.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:51 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,602,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Sharon Osbourne: Having an Abortion Was the "Worst Thing I Ever Did" | LifeNews.com

She recounted: “I had an abortion at 17 and it was the worst thing I ever did . . . I went alone. I was terrified. It was full of other young girls, and we were all terrified and looking at each other and nobody was saying a bloody word. I howled my way through it, and it was horrible. I would never recommend it to anyone because it comes back to haunt you. When I tried to have children, I lost three — I think it was because something had happened to my cervix during the abortion.”

It would be great if she started a program to educate teen girls on the bad effects of abortion.
That's her opinion. My opinion is that the abortion I had was the greatest decision I ever made.

Old 06-06-2018, 01:16 PM

33,348 posts, read 12,669,194 times
Quote:
Nope, not so. The unborn baby needs protection from those who would dispose of them as though it's the only option.

Abortion is not about a woman's reproductive organs. It is about taking the life of a helpless human being.

For argument's sake, let's say the right to choose gets overturned, and abortion is once again banned in the United States.

Lets say a woman gets pregnant, doesn't want to be pregnant, and can't afford a trip to another country to get an abortion (which is just one of the reasons I'm pro choice....a ban in the U.S. would essentially set up a class system re availability).

Let's say the woman throws herself down a flight of stairs in an attempt to create a miscarriage, and that she is successful.

Let's say she lies and says she clumsily tripped and fell down the flight of stairs.

Only the woman herself knows that she lied.

Do you think someone from the government should be allowed to doubt what she is saying and attempt to prosecute her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies