Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 05:07 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times

Advertisements

The new GOP excuse. The bible made me do it.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Doesn't mean ****.
Sure it does. Sessions simply doesn't understand what though.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:20 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
I already know more about the Bible than you do, that's not my concern. What I don't get is why you care whether or not Sessions follows Hebrew law (despite that he's not an Orthodox Jew) or whether he's "Christian" when you yourself are not (nor are most of our politicians). Sessions put it best - "I am a law officer. A law officer for a nation-state. A secular nation-state. Not a theocracy. It's not a church."
Exactly--
So why is Sessions using the Bible to justify what his goons are doing???
Because he is a racist and alt-right conservative and that Bible verse was used to bludgeon slaves for generations as they were fed Christianity along other measures to make them docile/tractable...
Watch the recent Nat Turner movie
Great example of using Christianity to justify slavery

Old 06-15-2018, 05:23 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I always feel sorry for Sessions when Trump starts thumping his chest, insulting him, demeaning him, degrading him in his usual bullying way.

Then Sessions goes and makes some jackass comment like this, and my opinion of him does a 180 back to being the idiot he is. He deserves to be pushed around by the fat orange turd if he defends what they are doing using the bible. I'm sure JC would be patting all these 'good christian' people on the back for their horrendously inhumane actions.
I never feel sorry for Jeff Sessions. And Trump apparently thinks he's a Democrat since he said separating children is a Democratic policy. Jeff Sessions made this policy (likely Trump's idea), Democrats have very vocally opposed it. I don't see any biblical anything when it comes to Sessions.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Do these phrases sound familiar? "One nation under God". "In God we trust".
And if there was a God, looks like Trump, et al would be on his naughty list for not obeying the Bible's admonishments to take care of the elderly and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"...
The Bible can be used to justify just about anything...that's why it isn't the LEGAL scaffold our laws are built on.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:25 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,130 times
GOP is well on its way to becoming the American Taliban.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I never feel sorry for Jeff Sessions. And Trump apparently thinks he's a Democrat since he said separating children is a Democratic policy. Jeff Sessions made this policy (likely Trump's idea), Democrats have very vocally opposed it. I don't see any biblical anything when it comes to Sessions.

I bet this is Steven Miller-he was architect of the initial immigration ban---Miller is likely a white nationalist
They just hate immigrants...

Old 06-15-2018, 05:28 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Don't take my word for it, read it for yourself. These fundamentalist religious loons are actually basing government policy on biblical scripture.
False, but so what?

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 06-15-2018 at 05:36 PM..

Old 06-15-2018, 05:30 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I bet this is Steven Miller-he was architect of the initial immigration ban---Miller is likely a white nationalist
They just hate immigrants...
No, no one hates immigrants, but intelligent people want them to stay in their own countries. Immigration decreases the value of existing citizens' share of the country and dilutes citizens' votes. Immigrants to this country are given something worth hundreds of thousands of dollars for free. And that value is transferred to them from the wealth of citizens.

Old 06-15-2018, 05:58 PM

609 posts, read 303,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Exactly--
So why is Sessions using the Bible to justify what his goons are doing???
Because he is a racist and alt-right conservative and that Bible verse was used to bludgeon slaves for generations as they were fed Christianity along other measures to make them docile/tractable...
Watch the recent Nat Turner movie
Great example of using Christianity to justify slavery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Hebrew Law? Sessions quoted Romans 13 and I wanted you to read Matthew 25:35-44. I just threw in Deuteronomy and Leviticus because the south is so attached to the Old Testament.

IIRC, Hebrew Law is the Torah and unlike Christians, Jews have 613 mitzvots or commandments. Sessions can’t even follow the Christian ones.

I care because either way, he’s using scriptures to justify the indefensible and therefore he is a liar. If you want to be a Christian, be one. If you want to be a heathen, be one. Just be honest about it.

An officer of the law has no business referring to Romans 13. Don’t tell me you’re a “Christian” when you’re not. At least, I’m honest about it. No, I don’t believe in organized religion. It’s the biggest racket in the history of humankind.

I didn’t know that you believe you know everything there is to know about the Bible. Please forgive my ignorance and kindly disregard everything I said.
He is using Romans 13 because he is responding directly to Catholics who criticized him using the Bible - i.e., he cited the Bible for the same reason you're trying to cite the Bible. You are not the audience in this case. Not everything is about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies