Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2018, 09:19 PM

17,551 posts, read 13,334,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I do not give a damn about what he considers funny.

I care about what a diplomat should be saying.

I care about what he is DOING!

MAGA!

Old 06-16-2018, 10:04 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Can you imagine having to sit through a dinner party of Loony Leftists? Vegan food, people trying to prove they are more PC than the other guests, talking about their Teslas, pontificating and smug. Until they've had a few drinks and the vitriol spews out revealing their true characters.
I'm not a vegan. I do like Teslas, but I don't drive one now because I'm not ready to go full electric. I drive a PHEV.

I don't talk about it unless someone asks, though.

I can't say as I do any of that smug pontificating. Unless, you know... it's just sarcasm.

People don't tend to have a few drinks and get angry at any parties I go to, but I tend to go to parties with fewer angry, bigoted alcoholics than you have experienced at parties, maybe?

Old 06-16-2018, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Ain't that the truth???

They wouldn't know a joke if it hit them in the A$$

Things are getting better and better, but they will never acknowledge it
During what portion of your civics education did you ever learn that joking about wanting to be a dictator was acceptable behavior from the President of the United States?

First off, I seriously do not think he was joking. He loves to say whatever and later claim it was a joke. It reminds me of how my little brother used to say mean crap when he was 8 years old and tell mom it was a joke to keep from being punished. It did not work on her, but she had sense.

Whether or not anything is getting better is really not the point.

At what cost do you want this "better" you are speaking of? At the decline of polite discourse, it seems.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I care about what he is DOING!

MAGA!
That that's all well and good. You can like whatever you think is good about what he's doing and not give him a pass for saying inappropriate things.

It's not an all or nothing situation.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:13 PM

9,469 posts, read 10,797,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Korean war 1950-1953
Where do you get that parents of Korean war veterans would be over 100 years old?
Actually the math says many would be. Average Korea veteran was around early twenties in 1950, so that means he was born around 1930. His parents must have been at least twenty years older yet....1910 birthyears for them. Yes most would be over 100 years old, and most passed on.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:14 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,194 times
I’m not even a “leftist” to begin with and I still don’t find this funny. I was a registered Republican until I registered as Independent. I did not vote for Trump (no, not for Hillary either). I have a healthy sense of humor, trust me. Never had a drink. Don’t have it in me to be vegan, etc.

If he wants to be a deadpan comic, he can resign and run the comedy club circuit. Otherwise he can act like a grownup and recognize that this ain’t funny considering his position. Won’t hold my breath on that happening.

Old 06-16-2018, 10:47 PM

17,551 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That that's all well and good. You can like whatever you think is good about what he's doing and not give him a pass for saying inappropriate things.

It's not an all or nothing situation.
obuma never said anything inappropriate, did he?

Oh, I forgot:

Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly'

Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' - CNN.com

or

Obama's Reaction To Ferguson Raises Questions About President's Role

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...residents-role

And since you all think President Trump's saluting the Korean General was so inappropriate

What about:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...e-emperor.html

or:

https://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...ow-chinese.png

or:

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/mul...w_1381505c.jpg

Nuff said

Old 06-16-2018, 11:00 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,844,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yep, he was serious. His way of back-pedaling from his stupid comments is to pretend he was only joking. This is not the first time.

Or blame someone else, like he is falsely blaming the Democrats for his orphan-creating ZERO-Tolerance immigration policy, which is AGAINST THE LAW, holding people who have come here for asylum!

No surprise since the MOBSTER is breaking innumerable laws...….every single day, including his oath of office to defend our Constitution. Was he "kidding" when he saluted that North Korean General,or when the MORON stupidly claimed that many, many hundred year old-dead ZOMBIES, asked him during his campaign to find out about their relatives killed in the Korean war? He is a PATHOLOGICAL LYING NO-IQ IMBECILE!

Old 06-16-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
obuma never said anything inappropriate, did he?

Oh, I forgot:

Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly'

Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' - CNN.com

or

Obama's Reaction To Ferguson Raises Questions About President's Role

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...residents-role

And since you all think President Trump's saluting the Korean General was so inappropriate

What about:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...e-emperor.html

or:

https://drlillianglassbodylanguagebl...ow-chinese.png

or:

https://secure.i.telegraph.co.uk/mul...w_1381505c.jpg

Nuff said
What does Obama have to do with any of Trump’s ridiculous commentary?

Old 06-16-2018, 11:43 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,492,992 times
Trump can do what ever he wants with his own family, Leave the rest of us out of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies