Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 08:20 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The reason why I ask this question is that those that be who have been employed by Ronald Reagan and nearing retirement, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama hired civil employees. All of these civil employees undermined Donald Trump decision making or any decision making that comes from his cabinet members. Also since for those who are lefties and hate Trump, and used to have hatred for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes. Do you guys have a change of heart for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes due to the fact their administration still have employees working for the Federal government and are undermining Donald Trump?

Also I'm not a Trump supporter or voted for Donald Trump either. I'm just asking, are those who hate Trump, are thankful for the existence of the Deep State?
What's the deep state?

Old 06-18-2018, 08:29 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
What's the deep state?
Refer to Caspian report about the deep state.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Refer to Caspian report about the deep state.
How about instead you define what the deep state is?

Old 06-18-2018, 08:46 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Limbaugh uses the term a lot, i presume its supposed to strike fear into the minds of righties.
OP how about a clear definition of what deep state is supposed to be.
In the meantime ,deep state =Fictional birthplace of the boogieman.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Limbaugh uses the term a lot, i presume its supposed to strike fear into the minds of righties.
What's interesting yet totally predictable is when you ask for a definition of what they're talking about, they deflect, tell you to look it up yourself, they NEVER answer the question. Ever. Because they can't.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:50 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
I disagree with you. The conspiracy theory illuminati version that you believe that does not exist. I agree with you on that, and the conspiracy version does not exist But their is a Deep-State in government. Its not bad, or good either and its not controlled by illuminati, lizard men, or by Israel. It is administrated by holdover employees of previous administrations. A good example is Henry Kissinger.
I possibly agree with you. I would say that you are correct, there is no conspiracy/illuminati having secret meetings with all the powerful people of the world. (To me) that is just crazy-talk.

I do think that there is a fairly well entrenched system of power in the world, and that includes the USA. I think that those who have power and influence continue to get more power and influence, and they are not about to see that go away. I think it's been lurking since the beginning of civilization. I think it got a pretty good shot in the arm with the industrial revolution. I think unions were formed around the turn of the 20th century to combat this, and while well-intentioned, they too tasted the power and got caught up in the power-high. I think that the system of elites having power and control got a huge shot in the arm under Reagan, and I think it has grown under every president since (R's and D's).

I think one of the problems is that Trump is actually both inside and outside that circle. He is one with a lot of power, and he seems willing to use it, under the guise of "good for all" to benefit himself. I think he has the same goals as others with that kind of power, but he's at odds with them, because he's so "different". I think that even though he's a greedy crook, just like many of the rest of them, they view him as unhinged, and uncalculated, and therefore a threat to their hold on the status quo (which is basically, in short, "the one-percenters").

So in short: Yes, I think there is a level of power, curruption, and manipulation going on, just slightly under the radar. I don't think there is a formal connspiracy. I guess it's just a mutation (a "sixth finger," if you will) of "the invisible hand".

Interesting (but far flung) movie on this very subject: The Conpsiracy https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2330322/. (It does not reflect my opinion in any way, just thought it was relevant.)

Old 06-18-2018, 08:50 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
The reason why I ask this question is that those that be who have been employed by Ronald Reagan and nearing retirement, Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr, and Obama hired civil employees. All of these civil employees undermined Donald Trump decision making or any decision making that comes from his cabinet members. Also since for those who are lefties and hate Trump, and used to have hatred for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes. Do you guys have a change of heart for Ronald Reagan and the Bushes due to the fact their administration still have employees working for the Federal government and are undermining Donald Trump?

Also I'm not a Trump supporter or voted for Donald Trump either. I'm just asking, are those who hate Trump, are thankful for the existence of the Deep State?
About as thankful for the Deep State as I am for the Tooth Fairy. It'd be funny if it wasn't adults pushing this fantasy nonsense.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:36 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Deep state=career civil servants. Katy bar the door!

Old 06-18-2018, 10:15 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
How about instead you define what the deep state is?

Sure Thing. I will give you two definitions of what the Deep-State is. One is a conspiracy while the other definition is real.

1. A shadowy organization of technocrats- plutocrats, that run the government from top down and down up, and that ensures all governmental decision making process.

2. A body of talented technocrats who have influential sway of governmental bodies and agencies. Such technocrats can be placed in government for far long and can not be fired. Policies that are set in stone by such technocrats are not affected by administrations who come and go.

Which one is real, and which one is fake, or both are out right fake. Don't get me wrong, the Deep State term has been around for quite sometime, but the term reemerged by conspiracy theorist on the right, and it is denial by those on the left. However the Deep-State is not negative or evil as they say. The Deep State does exist, but its not the conspiracy form of lizard men, or Israelis that control the government or top liberal appointees. That is a false notion and just a conspiracy.

Even though I did not vote for Trump, I don't hate the man, but I don't love him either. Either way those that hate, despise and don't like Trump should be happy that a Deep-State exist. Why? Those technocrats hired by Ronald Reagan who have yet to retire, Bush Senior, Clinton, Bush Junior, Obama undermine the decisions made by Trump and Trump cabinet officials. If we did not have a Deep-State, Trump would have his way and make drastic choices that can harm our nation.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 06-18-2018 at 10:24 AM..

Old 06-18-2018, 10:15 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
If you want to say "long term civil servants" than ok. Anyone can understand that . The deep state Illuminati Kabal stuff is really really bad. It's Pizzagate redux. it's propaganda used to try and support corruption at the highest levels...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies