Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 12:37 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times

Advertisements

I don’t think any practical or half way intelligent person would even bother trying to make this comparison. “Hitler” has become nothing more than an internet meme that encompasses any political figure or policy they happen to dislike or disagree with. Trump and Hitler would likely have despised each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 12:41 PM

1,057 posts, read 868,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
As a Jew who is old enough to have grown up in times when the told history like it was, made us watch grusom documentaries on the Holocaust, and who had a confirmation teacher who was liberated from Auswitz, I can say you are wrong.

People compare Trump to EARLY Hitler because it's true.

Some examples (paraphrased):
"The media is the greatest enemy of the people"
"Foreigners are the reasons for your economic problems"
"America First"
"Law enforcement is your enemy"
"I love the uneducated"
"Isolationistic, withdrawl from global community"
"There were some fine people..."

Sure, he does a lot of things that are NOT like Early Hitler, but there are many comparisons. People who understand what the USA really stands for are shocked. He is using scare tactics to divide people. He used the same tactics to win the GOP Primary. As an underdog, it's pretty impressive. THe thing is that he's using those tactics now to push the agenda of a loud minority. Rather than growing his base, he's systematically taking out any opposing view, which has the effect of growing his "market share" without growing his base.

I strongly encourage you to go to the Smithsonian and visit the Holocaust museum. One of the last exhibits is something to the effect of "how could this have happened"? Check it out, it's all very real.
Trump, to my knowledge, hasn’t attacked foreigners. He’s attacked the system that allows many to come here illegally.

“America First” doesn’t make you a Nazi

The law enforcement thing... I don’t know the point you’re making

Reaching out to the “less educated” is something both parties do

I’m assuming the isolationism you’re referring to has to do with trade policies? Looking out for the blue collar workers in manufacturing plants has been a dem policy. I guess not so much anymore. In any event, equating tariffs with nazism doesn’t make much sense to me.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:42 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Somewhat off-topic, and a bit sophomoric too... but, am I the only one who thinks that Stephen Miller looks like Josef Goebbels?

Old 06-20-2018, 12:44 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Because they are stupid....sorry lol but that is the best I can think of.

I think it's dumb for any American administration to be compared to Hitler.

Trump isn't anything like Hitler to me. Neither was Obama.

Both the liberals and conservatives were/are being stupid with the comparisons.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I don’t think any practical or half way intelligent person would even bother trying to make this comparison. “Hitler†has become nothing more than an internet meme that encompasses any political figure or policy they happen to dislike or disagree with. Trump and Hitler would likely have despised each other.
That’s true. There were some on the right that even compared obama to Hitler. But read some of the responses here. There are people, who seem to have at least a little knowledge of what actually took place under Hitler, who have no problem comparing trump to Hitler.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:47 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Because the corporate media holds tremendous power over the minds of the people. Extreme hyperbole sells. And as long as it doesnt threaten the true power structure in America, the ruling donor class, which Trump clearly is no threat to, then the media will seek to sell hyperbole.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:51 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Because the scapegoating of so called undesirables is reminiscent of the Nazi regime and many of the actions the Trump administration has taken mirror the early steps of the Third Reich in 1930's. Both nations of these eras were and are headed by meglomaniacs that could not be reasoned with.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Because the scapegoating of so called undesirables is reminiscent of the Nazi regime and many of the actions the Trump administration has taken mirror the early steps of the Third Reich in 1930's. Both nations of these eras were and are headed by meglomaniacs that could not be reasoned with.
Who has trump labeled as undesirable?

Old 06-20-2018, 01:07 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,437,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Because some people aren't so blindly devoted to their cult leader that they refuse to take the blinders off? That they will believe the slightest negative fact about their leader is fake?

Because they realize the best way to control a population is to divide it, just as Trump has been doing since launching his campaign?

Because their president literally refused to condemn people who were literally waving Nazi flags?

Because giving your people a boogeyman to hate (Jews, immigrants, brown people) and convincing them that somebody else is responsible for all of their problems is an easy way to gain their support and loyalty?

Because the president has expressed admiration for brutal strongmen such as Putin and Kim Jong Un?

Because the attacks against the media are an eerie repeat of similar tactics in the early days of Nazi Germany?

Telling parents they are taking their kids to take showers and then throwing them in camps?

Those are a few things that come to mind.
Rep and Quote

Old 06-20-2018, 01:09 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Rep and Quote

Lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies