Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2018, 06:22 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
The response from Dane in LA is spot on.

But are you really going to say NONE of this has happened. If you can't check off more than half of those boxes, then you are not being honest with yourself.

And Fraudulent elections is, IMO the weakest point. Congrats for finding it. Even with that one, it is KNOWN that the elections were influenced by Russia, and it is being investigated whether or not Trump had any role at all; either passive or active.

I just re-read the list, and that is the ONLY point on the list that Trump has not made a highlight of his agenda. Do you want to argue his disdain for intellectuals and the arts? His sexism? His obsession with Nationalism? His protection of corporate power and interests?

Honestly, in most cases 70% is a passing grade. I challenge ANYONE to not give Trump at least 80% on this list. I bet he's FURTHER along than Hitler was in 1933 or so...

You'd lose that bet...

https://www.historyonthenet.com/nazi-germany-timeline/

h January 1933 Hitler appointed Chancellor of Germany by President Hindenburg
3rd February 1933 Hitler defined the Nazi party foreign policy. The prime goal was to secure lebensraum (living space) for the German master race.
27th February 1933 The Reichstag Fire. A fire which broke out at the Reichstag building was blamed on the Communist Party (KPD). As a result the KPD, which was the second largest party in Germany, was banned. The banning of the Communist party gave the Nazis a clear majority in government.
5th March 1933 With the Communist party banned Hitler ordered a new election at which the Nazi party gained 44% of the General election vote.
23rd March 1933 Enabling Act gave Hitler power to make laws without consulting the Reichstag for a period of four years
26th April 1933 The Gestapo, Nazi secret police, were formed
26th April 1933 The Nazis took over local government
2nd May 1933 Trade Unions were banned
10th May 1933 25,000 ‘un-German’ books burned in an “Action against the Un-German Spirit”. The move was encouraged by Joseph Goebbels, Head of Propaganda.
14th July 1933 All political parties except the Nazis were banned
October 1933 Germany withdrew from the League of Nations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 06:28 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You'd lose that bet...

https://www.historyonthenet.com/nazi-germany-timeline/

h January 1933 Hitler appointed Chancellor of Germany by President Hindenburg
3rd February 1933 Hitler defined the Nazi party foreign policy. The prime goal was to secure lebensraum (living space) for the German master race.
27th February 1933 The Reichstag Fire. A fire which broke out at the Reichstag building was blamed on the Communist Party (KPD). As a result the KPD, which was the second largest party in Germany, was banned. The banning of the Communist party gave the Nazis a clear majority in government.
5th March 1933 With the Communist party banned Hitler ordered a new election at which the Nazi party gained 44% of the General election vote.
23rd March 1933 Enabling Act gave Hitler power to make laws without consulting the Reichstag for a period of four years
26th April 1933 The Gestapo, Nazi secret police, were formed
26th April 1933 The Nazis took over local government
2nd May 1933 Trade Unions were banned
10th May 1933 25,000 ‘un-German’ books burned in an “Action against the Un-German Spirit”. The move was encouraged by Joseph Goebbels, Head of Propaganda.
14th July 1933 All political parties except the Nazis were banned
October 1933 Germany withdrew from the League of Nations
Sincere thanks for this. I stand corrected, and facts are facts.

I hope that Trump never gets to "1933". I'd like to think he won't, but sadly I am not SURE he won't.

Reps to you for responding with objective facts (I assume they are correct, have no reason to doubt them.)

Old 06-22-2018, 06:32 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Because some people aren't so blindly devoted to their cult leader that they refuse to take the blinders off? That they will believe the slightest negative fact about their leader is fake?

Because they realize the best way to control a population is to divide it, just as Trump has been doing since launching his campaign?

Because their president literally refused to condemn people who were literally waving Nazi flags?

Because giving your people a boogeyman to hate (Jews, immigrants, brown people) and convincing them that somebody else is responsible for all of their problems is an easy way to gain their support and loyalty?

Because the president has expressed admiration for brutal strongmen such as Putin and Kim Jong Un?

Because the attacks against the media are an eerie repeat of similar tactics in the early days of Nazi Germany?

Telling parents they are taking their kids to take showers and then throwing them in camps?

Those are a few things that come to mind.
Damn you are dead on with that assessment.

Sure it's a different time and a different place and technology has advanced, but the end goal of Trump's particular brand of neo-fascist populism is pretty much the same. This is nothing new. Another parallel is that we seem to have plenty of people that can be mesmerized by even the most simple minded propaganda.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:41 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You do realize that crap doesn't count here????
If Trump has his way, in 2020 there will be a special way of "counting" votes, I can see that coming. He already tried to undermine/damage our belief in our system but the States would have none of it. Mark my words, if there is a bad result for him in the upcoming elections of 2018 and 2020, he will be lying to us again about how the vote was "compromised".

Free elections are just one of the three legs of the stool that support a functioning democracy; the other two - a free press, and an independent system of Justice are also barraged each and every day from this Administration. Remains to be seen whether they will survive under constant attack from authoritarian, dictator-wanna-be Trump. The ironic part is that the very people who will be most damaged are the ones worshiping Trump and applauding the destruction of the institutions that protect them.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:57 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
If Trump has his way, in 2020 there will be a special way of "counting" votes, I can see that coming.
This exact same prediction has been leveled at every President by the voters of the other party since at least as long as I have been alive (51 years). I recall the GOP voters predicting Obama not leaving office after his 2nd term, declaring himself ruler for life, etc.

FWIW, Trump won in 2016 without special counting methods, even while the fix was in for Clinton. He won't need tricks to get reelected, because he'll most likely get more than enough votes to beat whoever is challenging him. I said the same about Obama in 2012, Dubyah in 2004, and Clinton in 1996. They all managed to win the first time, and Americans generally don't switch horses midstream. It will be the same for Trump.

And every time the party who held power for 8 years finds themselves out of power, they consider the current office holder the harbinger of the apocalypse, singular worst POTUS ever, fundamentally wrecking America, etc. FFS, find a history book and look at some of the negative campaign ads and articles written back in the late 1700s and early 1800s. Your "fear" is nothing new, really.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:15 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
You never really hear it in “real life,” but it’s a pretty common accusation here and on social media. Why do people genuinely feel that America will soon be no different than Nazi Germany?
It's because these liberals are butthurt cry babies....throwing a teety baby fit.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:12 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
You do realize that Hillary got the popular vote, right?
You realize that doesn’t count right?

Old 06-22-2018, 12:46 PM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -thomass View Post
You never really hear it in “real life,” but it’s a pretty common accusation here and on social media. Why do people genuinely feel that America will soon be no different than Nazi Germany?
The comparison might be a bit extreme so do you think maybe Benito Mussolini or Hugo Chávez would be a better comparison?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
This exact same prediction has been leveled at every President by the voters of the other party since at least as long as I have been alive (51 years). I recall the GOP voters predicting Obama not leaving office after his 2nd term, declaring himself ruler for life, etc.

FWIW, Trump won in 2016 without special counting methods, even while the fix was in for Clinton. He won't need tricks to get reelected, because he'll most likely get more than enough votes to beat whoever is challenging him. I said the same about Obama in 2012, Dubyah in 2004, and Clinton in 1996. They all managed to win the first time, and Americans generally don't switch horses midstream. It will be the same for Trump.

And every time the party who held power for 8 years finds themselves out of power, they consider the current office holder the harbinger of the apocalypse, singular worst POTUS ever, fundamentally wrecking America, etc. FFS, find a history book and look at some of the negative campaign ads and articles written back in the late 1700s and early 1800s. Your "fear" is nothing new, really.
I question the validity of your statements that: This exact same prediction has been leveled at every President by the voters of the other party since at least as long as I have been alive (51 years). I recall the GOP voters predicting Obama not leaving office after his 2nd term, declaring himself ruler for life, etc."

Are you citing bar room discussions or are these statements from some credible source?

I also don't remember any president in my lifetime being accused of being the worst president ever. Truman may have been accused of being the worst President ever while in office because his approval ratings were so low. Hoover has also been accused of being responsible for the Great Depression. Even Nixon who resigned the office has not been called the worst President ever.

I feel pretty confident that Donald Trump will go down in history as the worst President in out country's history. I'm sure he will be replacing James Buchanan, Andrew Johnston, Franklin Pierce, or Warren Harding for that honor.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:49 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Yet another subject liberals don't want to talk about. Yet they do it anyway. They must have very little left.

Old 06-22-2018, 12:57 PM

27,548 posts, read 28,630,498 times
I say if it takes a Nazi to have a strong economy and historic record low unemployment rates for blacks, hispanics and women, then so be it.

We need more Nazis to keep America great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies