Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2018, 03:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
What tacky saying is written on most of Melania's clothing? Yet she gets attacked for many of her clothing choices. It's not always about what is written on something.
You have absolutely no problem with that slogan being on her jacket as she embarked on what was supposed to be a humanitarian trip where she represented the White House?

Just to be clear... no problem with her with those exact words scrawled on the back of her clothing??

Old 06-21-2018, 03:19 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Trolling the country should not be an admirable thing for a POTUS or a FLOTUS to do. Ever.

I don't care which party is in office.

I think the words you were looking for were "shake their heads in disgust at these jackasses."

Well, then learn....don't go off the wall about what people say....don't over exaggerate.....

So, do tell us, what did she "Troll" the county with while wearing stiletto heels"?

Nope, I laugh at people such as you and the others you agree with....

Old 06-21-2018, 03:24 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
My husband had a theory, she can't read English and someone on her staff told her it said "free the immigrant children"
That's pretty funny, only I was thinking it was Ivanka who handed it to her. She is known not to be too fond of Melania. "Wear this one Melania--it's so shabby chic!"

There are not a whole lot of options as to why she wore it. Either she leads such a charmed life, she is oblivious to being sensitive toward others. Or she's not smart enough to know it was inappropriate. Or she is simply clueless and is fulfilling her FLOTUS duties but is preoccupied and doesn't really care.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:24 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
Quote:
You have absolutely no problem with that slogan being on her jacket as she embarked on what was supposed to be a humanitarian trip where she represented the White House?

Just to be clear... no problem with her with those exact words scrawled on the back of her clothing??
I dislike any writing on any clothing, but I wouldn't attempt to tell anyone what to wear or what not to wear.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Well, then learn....don't go off the wall about what people say....don't over exaggerate.....

So, do tell us, what did she "Troll" the county with while wearing stiletto heels"?

Nope, I laugh at people such as you and the others you agree with....
The feeling is mutual. Though, it's not so much laughing, but hey... the point is the same.

I never said she trolled anyone. People keep asserting it in this thread. I think she's either stupid, hateful, or both, given this choice she made today.

I was giving her the actual benefit of the doubt before. I mean, I'm not her biggest fan, but I always assumed she was a better person than her husband. I was probably wrong.

The stiletto thing was funny, not hateful.

I saw a lot of snark over those heels. I see people in actual shock at how awful that coat was. Big difference.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:30 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So I don't believe that Melania shops at Zara. I mean, *I* shop at Zara regularly. There is no reason she'd be buying clothes there.

I wonder if, on her way from the WH to the plane she got chilly and maybe one of her staffers lent her the jacket?

The whole thing is just ridiculously odd.
Some reports say she changed to a pale yellow jacket once she got to Texas, so nope, doesn't sound like it was anything but a deliberate decision, when she had other clothing, not just available but with her to go on the plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
That is the most rational assumption. Melania puts a LOT of effort into what she looks like, both make-up and clothes. She does not slap-dash into an outfit....wearing this jacket was intentional.
Exactly. She knew what she was doing - even if none of us can say for sure why she did it, there is zero question that it was a very bad choice on her part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
My husband had a theory, she can't read English and someone on her staff told her it said "free the immigrant children"
lol! That could explain it!

Quote:
Whew!! Methinks the Trump bashers are REALLY triggered now.
Nope, I'd say it's the Trumplings that are triggered by the fact that people are legitimate criticizing Melania's decision to wear this jacket, and of course the fact that they got called out on their kneejerk lies denying that this was a true story.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
I dislike any writing on any clothing, but I wouldn't attempt to tell anyone what to wear or what not to wear.
Way to avoid the question.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Some reports say she changed to a pale yellow jacket once she got to Texas, so nope, doesn't sound like it was anything but a deliberate decision, when she had other clothing, not just available but with her to go on the plane.

Exactly. She knew what she was doing - even if none of us can say for sure why she did it, there is zero question that it was a very bad choice on her part.

lol! That could explain it!

Nope, I'd say it's the Trumplings that are triggered by the fact that people are legitimate criticizing Melania's decision to wear this jacket, and of course the fact that they got called out on their kneejerk lies denying that this was a true story.

The fact that the liberals react hysterically to everything Melania wears makes their rantings ineffective over every criticism of her clothing choices.

Old 06-21-2018, 03:34 PM

44 posts, read 14,636 times
Quote:

Well, Red, I don't really care. Do u?

Old 06-21-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Way to avoid the question.
That is my answer. You don't have to like it. I have no idea why Melania wore it nor would I tell her what not to wear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies