Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 08:05 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times

Advertisements

Thought liberals said we should respect women .. I guess only liberal women ..

Old 06-22-2018, 08:08 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have no problem with someone making a statement but this one did nothing to help her out.
It did nothing to help her out with you.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Melania doesn't care what you, I or anyone else thinks about her. She is her own person. That infuriates people and sets them off into rantings over her clothing, shoes, etc.
Very honest and accurate assessment of the ICE lady.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:10 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
It did nothing to help her out with you.
I believe it was likely more than just me.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
She wore it when she departed and returned to Washington and changed into a yellow jacket when visiting the children in Texas. Sounds like she’s sending a message to the pathetic Washington media rather than the kids at the border.
If that was the case, Melania idiotically picked the worst possible occasion to wear it. I wouldn't let my children wear that jacket anywhere ever! Bad attitude from a spoiled sour woman.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:59 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And it was about 80 degrees in Washington DC yesterday with 70% humidity. So yeah. No reason for "just a jacket."

Come down to Alabama, it's been in the 90's here for a long time (80 - 90% humidity), and people still wear coats, sweaters, and hoodies....so, there goes that reason...

Old 06-22-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Come down to Alabama, it's been in the 90's here for a long time (80 - 90% humidity), and people still wear coats, sweaters, and hoodies....so, there goes that reason...
I'll admit that Melania is one cold lady!

Old 06-22-2018, 09:10 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Melania has never struck me as resembling any kind of 'Bama gal, though. Has she ever even set a Louboutin-clad foot in that state?

Old 06-22-2018, 09:13 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I must say, for someone who doesn't care about her motives, you have certainly put some effort into the who, what, when, where, and why of the whole thing. If it's really up in the air and everyone truly hasn't got the answers, then why continue to speculate and throw out mostly negative comments and assumptions? Every person associated with Donald Trump does not deserve to be treated the same way Trump is treated. Knowing Trump or being close to Trump does not make you Trump.
I am speaking to this issue directly.

This has nothing to do with Donald Trump and everything to do with what a First Lady should or should not be wearing while she embarks on a humanitarian trip.

Come on. It matters. We have seen people complain about Michelle Obama going sleeveless at a time when it was totally appropriate to go sleeveless. We have seen people complain about her sullying the dignity of Air Force Once by stepping off it while on VACATION in (gasp) CARGO SHORTS!

And, yesterday, we had a FLOTUS leave home and climb aboard that plane wearing a message that said she does not care while headed to a place we all thought she actually cared ABOUT. And when she found out there was a media storm over it? She put the damned thing back on and got back off the plane in DC.

Come on... who cares what her actual motives were? The optics were horrid.

That is why I reply to these comments, Reads. Until yesterday, I thought that Melania had more taste and decorum than that.

Apparently, she does not.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:15 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Nonsense.
When you have the vapors, anything Trump is bad... they all literally have Trump living in their heads, rent free. It's hysterical.

Precisely why I voted for him and will vote for him again.

Count each and every thread where there is an emotional tirade and it's Trump's fault. Or its his supporters fault. Or both.

If folks are getting this worked up I seriously question their mental stability and pray nothing bad ever happens in their life that truly would have a negative effect on them or the quality of their life, for they will probably cease to function.
I really must know if that "rent free" comment is an Alex Jones thing, Hannity, or Limbaugh.

Do tell, because I think it's hilarious.

I already knew Trump was a pig.

I just thought his wife might have a bit more substance to her. I was clearly wrong and I will admit it. She is just as insensitive as her husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies