Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 11:33 AM

272 posts, read 218,427 times

Advertisements

https://www.them.us/story/cis-trans-dating

Quote:
Considering the discrimination trans people face on a daily basis, it comes as no surprise that trans people are overlooked when it comes to dating. Two Canadian researchers recently asked almost 1000 cisgender folks if they would date a trans person in a new study published in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. This is the first study to ever attempt to quantify the extent of trans discrimination when it comes to romantic and sexual relationships.

958 participants (all but seven cisgender, ranging in age from 18 to 81, with an average age of 26) were asked to indicate which genders they would consider dating. The options included cisgender man, cisgender woman, trans man, trans woman, or genderqueer, and participants could select as many genders as they wanted.

Only 12% of all participants selected “trans woman” and/or “trans man.”
This is the one thing that they can't guilt-force society to change. You can pretend white supremacy and white privilege exist and force affirmative action, you can pass anti-white discrimination laws, etc...but you can't force people to want to do something they don't want to do. 98% of men and women don't want to date a tranny, and it's killing them. Even if you were to somehow brainwash society into getting a few "straight" cis men to accept dating a trans, there are always 9 million other men waiting in line for the girl that you passed up for the shemale. It's nature and literally impossible to change this.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:38 AM

78,520 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Nobody is asking you to have sex with them but rather to just treat them with the same consideration you should anyone else.

Your entire starting premise is a giant strawman argument.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Groundbreaking.

Old 06-21-2018, 11:39 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,050,350 times
Yes -- accepting and tolerating doesn't mean you have to date or marry them.

YIKES --

Old 06-21-2018, 11:41 AM

225 posts, read 150,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
https://www.them.us/story/cis-trans-dating

This is the one thing that they can't guilt-force society to change. You can pretend white supremacy and white privilege exist and force affirmative action, you can pass anti-white discrimination laws, etc...but you can't force people to want to do something they don't want to do. 98% of men and women don't want to date a tranny, and it's killing them. Even if you were to somehow brainwash society into getting a few "straight" cis men to accept dating a trans, there are always 9 million other men waiting in line for the girl that you passed up for the shemale. It's nature and literally impossible to change this.
So what if it was a white tranny? Would you like it better then?

Old 06-21-2018, 11:49 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,292,246 times
We can all be accepting and kind while not necessarily wanting to date a trans person.

Nothing huge there.

I mean, I can be nice to women and not want to date them because I am heterosexual and prefer men, no?

I can be nice to short guys, tall guys, fat guys, skinny guys, guys with black hair, guys with red hair, etc... and not want to date ALL OF THEM.

I cannot say that I'd be out searching for a trans guy to date if I was single, but if I met a guy and he turned out to be trans and I really liked him, I guess I'd have to think about dating a trans guy. I'm not looking to have any more kids, so it's not like that would be a complication. I'm not freaked about someone being born with female genitals or that causing "the gay" to infest me or anything.

I would be more concerned, to put it bluntly, with the person not having the appropriate genitals for ME... which would be a penis because I like men and I like sex with men.

Thankfully, I am married to a cis-gender male and this is a non issue for me.

I actually know trans people who won't date OTHER trans people. A friend of mine is a trans woman who is a lesbian. She would like a partner who could one day carry a child. She plans a reassignment, but she will keep sperm saved for having kids one day.

Sooo... she does want a cis-gender female partner, and I can understand why. She has been successful dating so far because most of the women she has dated are bisexual and don't care either way.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:05 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

YIKES --
I accept them and am kind to them, but this should really be an eye opener for people wanting to transition. They may be better off just staying their own gender and dating gay men or women instead. I feel for these people, but no wonder so many end up killing themselves after surgery. It has to be a lonely life.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:09 PM

7,816 posts, read 6,400,385 times
I can see it now. Some normal kid will be asked by a transgender to the prom, he will decline and be publicly shamed and possibly suspended. Either this or a similar situation will happen. Give it time.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:10 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,397,951 times
Cool. More for me!

Old 06-21-2018, 12:11 PM

24,521 posts, read 17,271,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

YIKES --

I was thinking the same, who cares if a guy wants to dress and live his life like a woman but if that guy that is now a woman tricks a guy into bed then oopsie there is something in the bed that at least one wasn't suspecting that is when people get beat up or worse.

I don't know but it seems like a pre op. or post op. trans person should be having a conversation pretty early in any relationship they enter into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies