Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 02:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Looks like mom and dad cleaned him up for court.

Had they not, I wonder if the sentence would have been the same.
Lol...that’s a great point. I wonder too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 02:15 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,343,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You have to remember... this is the exact same mentality that let Harvey Weinstein get away with violating women for so long... liberals. The Left. That's just who they are.
Yeah all those liberals at Fox news violating woman.

Sex crimes transcend party lines.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:44 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Where do you get the idea that I'm glad he only got three years?

He should be locked up for life. Call it "The Minority Report" sentence. Prevention of future crimes.
Not going to happen in Liberal-land, as we've already seen. Liberals look the other way when women are victimized.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:01 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh man. Talk about privilege! Conviction for 3 rapes, and you get 3 years? Unbelievable.

This is what the judge said:

Can’t wrap my head around it. And his lawyer actually pushed for probation!!!!!!!!

Former University of Wisconsin student sentenced to 3 years for sexual assaults, choking, stalking - Chicago Tribune
Hey Desert. I missed you in that thread about the racist lady slapping people on the bus and getting charged with a hate crime. You might have missed it because unlike a lady yelling racist stuff at the nail salon or the lady saying racist stuff and losing her waitressing job....that story didn't make the national news. (gee...I wonder why. Racist assault doesn't make the national news....Racist non-assault does...viva la ratings! Still thinking you're not getting over-reporting?)

Just pointing out that reality may only be reflective of what your news outlets are reporting to you.
(Nor should you trust FOX etc. either as they're as bad the other way)

You're really going to start this racist of a thread using an anecdote? I mean, I'm sure if we drive on over to Stormfront we can find an article about some "liberal judge" slapping blacks on the wrist which would be a sadly eerie parallel to your own post.

P.S. OF COURSE his lawyer is going to push for probation...that's their job.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:02 PM

78,421 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Yeah all those liberals at Fox news violating woman.

Sex crimes transcend party lines.
Indeed. 100%.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:50 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
The prosecutors agree to a sweetheart plea deal, then are upset when the judge gives him a sweetheart sentence. If they wanted to throw the book at him, they should have taken it to trial. I bet the judge read into the plea deal that the prosecutors didn't think they had such a great case.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:53 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Wisconsin does not use the term rape.
And that's fine, but the OP used that word, and so far we have no evidence that that's what the sexual assaulter actually did.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:56 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not surprising since it was his first offense, even in my state, they are pretty generous when its someones first offense.
He was convicted of offenses against five different women. They couldn't have all been his first offense.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:22 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
Without knowing exactly what this creep did (and, make no mistake about it, he is a creep), I can't say whether the penalty was too harsh. The definition of sexual assault in Wisconsin involves penetration without consent, but it also involves other, less forceful contact, which, while still terrible, shouldn't warrant the same sentence as forcible penetration without consent.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:08 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh man. Talk about privilege! Conviction for 3 rapes, and you get 3 years? Unbelievable.

This is what the judge said:

Can’t wrap my head around it. And his lawyer actually pushed for probation!!!!!!!!

Former University of Wisconsin student sentenced to 3 years for sexual assaults, choking, stalking - Chicago Tribune
Our criminal justice system is a damn joke. Scumbags like this get away with far too little punishment for their horrific crimes. What is even worse is when it's a child rapist or abuser and they get a joke of a sentence. Time to bring back vigilante justice in cases like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies