Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 06:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Edge of what? Because I don’t really care about conservative anger whatsoever. Not the tiniest bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2018, 06:18 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Pubs hold all the levers.

They LOVE to brag about how they own congress, the WH, the courts, and most of the states.

They LOVE to point out that "Obama cost the Dems over a thousands seats!"

What they DON'T love is governing.

"It's the Dems' fault!"

So amusing.

They don't have a filibuster proof majority in the U.S. Senate.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:24 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
They don't have a filibuster proof majority in the U.S. Senate.
Poor lil' Pubs, at the mercy of the all powerful liberal agenda.

They've held congress for 20 of the past 24 years.

They've held the WH for 30 of the past 50 years.

They've had a majority on the supreme court forever.

And yet, everything is always "the Dems' fault!"

Carry on.

Last edited by Old Gringo; 06-24-2018 at 06:33 PM..

Old 06-24-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Dear Trumpeters:

You talk out of both sides of your mouths. You cheer and brag about having a Republican supermajority
Which is impossible, because it hasn't happened while Trump has been POTUS. They (Republicans) don't have a filibuster proof majority (60 seats), let alone a supermajority (67 seats) in the U.S. Senate.

Quote:
and in the next breath, complain about Democrat obstruction (which isn't possible)
I don't know if you didn't pay attention in school and didn't learn about the filibuster, or if you just like to conveniently like to leave out procedures that fit with Senate rules.

Quote:
and illegal immigrants taking over America (which isn't happening). You are either in power or you aren't. And since numbers don't lie and the Republican party controls all branches of government, we can only arrive at one conclusion:

Your party's inability to get things accomplished is caused by incompetence, not the Democrats.
It's not my party (I'm not a Republican, and I'm not a Trump voter nor supporter), I just don't like it when people feel they need to lie (your claim about bragging about a supermajority) as a component of their demonization. The demonization should be able to stand up without lying.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:53 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
It's going to take a decade or more, but our Country, The United States of America, must wake up to the damage the Marxists have done throughout the 20th century.

The RUSSIANS (omg) did their damage to our society all through the Cold War, and they produced a population of subverted IDIOTS right here in the USA; within our media, entertainment, education, and our very governance.

But, something happened...the USSR failed, and fell to irrelevance in Russia upon the Reagan~Gorbachev Revolution.

What's LEFT~over are the death throes of the infection the soviets inflicted during the Cold War; witness the madness of the left today.

A hang~over.

It's going to take many years to get over this historic shift, and we are seeing it right before our eyes.

Here is a video from (Ironically) 1984 that predicted all this madness.

From an ex~KGB defector named Yuri Bezmenov.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA

What he said is SO astonishingly OBVIOUS today...

Old 06-24-2018, 06:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
It has become a brown shirt party they beat people up that they don’t agree with
And call the old man lying on the ground bleeding with the maga hat - hitler

Old 06-24-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
This will backfire on the Democrats. They will grow more frustrated. Next thing they will do is violence. They will keep Republicans in office for years. Republicans vote. They will come out in droves. While Republicans don't protest much what they do is go to the ballot box!
I wouldn't count on that.

The last post 'current border mess that the Trump/little girl Time cover framed' poll that I saw had swung to Dems +6 re the 'generic ballot' for November of 2018.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:08 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Antifa = anti fascism. So basically you're pro racism. Enjoy your klan/neonazi meetups.. I'm happy to be part of the left who opposes that racist crap
This is what antifa will do for you. Don't turn your back on them.

Note the idiot in the yellow top sneaking up and setting the Trump supporters hair on fire with a lighter while the rest of the freaks watch and say nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af2zcOP9zV8

Old 06-24-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Poor lil' Pubs, at the mercy of the all powerful liberal agenda.

They've held congress for 20 of the past 24 years.

They've held the WH for 30 of the past 50 years.

They've had a majority on the supreme court forever.

And yet, everything is always "the Dems' fault!"

Carry on.

^^^^^ All a deflection from the misleading nature of your sentence that I bolded in your previous post.

Old 06-24-2018, 07:16 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
"Make no mistake, this mob is not the majority, or even anywhere close to plurality, but history is littered with examples of small, committed and violent gangs of thugs obtaining power through a willingness to do anything to get it. That’s what Democrats are becoming – American Castros, Khmer Rouge, Gestapo, or whatever example you like. These are all different sides of the same “progressive” dice and liberals are gearing up to roll them."
I think you have your parties mixed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies