Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2018, 11:39 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Okay, Dave, I finally got around to reading this.

First, I have to say that unfortunately the author is neither a brilliant writer nor a brilliant thinker, so I was disappointed in that.

Nevertheless, he does have two interesting ideas: One is that America is broadly dysfunctional. I'm not sure that even if that's completely true it would constitute "cruelty." It might just be incompetence. But the article would have been much better if he had gone into the specifics. The second idea is about the punching-down, and that's a viable idea. But, again, there's nothing specific there. Maybe it's just a function of an extremely diverse society? Discrimination is an international failings, and maybe we just are composed of more minorities to choose from?

So I'm willing to consider the ideas, but they'd need to be fleshed out by someone smarter.
Glad to hear you read the link Clarallel. It was just an interesting article that caught my eye while looking for something else. Only Americans could say if they saw any truth in it. What do I know?

I remember as a kid, seeing a television adaptation of 'Death of a Salesman'. That got me thinking way back then about what failure is to an American. How important it is to 'make it.' How Americans admire 'success', and desire it so much for themselves.

Right at this moment. we have Donald Trump rampaging around Europe, telling leaders just what they're doing wrong, and how to do things better. I know this pleases many Americans. They see something in this man that evades me.

We have, in almost 60 years gone from John Kennedy, making speeches on how we shouldn't ask what our country can do for us, but what we can do for our country, to Donald throwing candy at Angela Merkel saying "don't say I never give ya anything Angela."

America........ ever fascinating. I would love to know how history will judge this man. Sadly, I won't see it.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:03 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Glad to hear you read the link Clarallel. It was just an interesting article that caught my eye while looking for something else. Only Americans could say if they saw any truth in it. What do I know?

I remember as a kid, seeing a television adaptation of 'Death of a Salesman'. That got me thinking way back then about what failure is to an American. How important it is to 'make it.' How Americans admire 'success', and desire it so much for themselves.

Right at this moment. we have Donald Trump rampaging around Europe, telling leaders just what they're doing wrong, and how to do things better. I know this pleases many Americans. They see something in this man that evades me.

We have, in almost 60 years gone from John Kennedy, making speeches on how we shouldn't ask what our country can do for us, but what we can do for our country, to Donald throwing candy at Angela Merkel saying "don't say I never give ya anything Angela."

America........ ever fascinating. I would love to know how history will judge this man. Sadly, I won't see it.
I find today, which wasn't so, strongly felt years ago, that people tend to just simply dislike a President, b/c he is from the opposing team.

For many many many years, the United States, bore the weight of so many other countries, helping them out, even helped them fight wars...gave them loans, fed them, helped them when their countries and lands were destroyed by storms, helped them excel in their economies....what he's saying now, is the fact that its time other countries start paying their fair share, that's all...and I agree....

you cannot continue to help other countries, if your own house is in disarry, which is what is happening to the U.S.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I find today, which wasn't so, strongly felt years ago, that people tend to just simply dislike a President, b/c he is from the opposing team.

For many many many years, the United States, bore the weight of so many other countries, helping them out, even helped them fight wars...gave them loans, fed them, helped them when their countries and lands were destroyed by storms, helped them excel in their economies....what he's saying now, is the fact that its time other countries start paying their fair share, that's all...and I agree....

you cannot continue to help other countries, if your own house is in disarry, which is what is happening to the U.S.
Oh, I totally agree. America should come first, for Americans. But see cremebrulee, Trump announces massive new money for the armed forces. Nobody says a thing. Don't you think some of that money would be better off spent on America, and Americans? You need even more weapons of mass destruction? More 'daisy cutters'?

America has massive debt, and yet ever more money for weapons. What did the war in Iraq cost the taxpayer? When will that debt be repaid? By Americans not even born yet? Tax cuts....... crumbs for the ordinary citizen, and massive amounts for business and the rich. Donald's people.......

He is now rampaging round Europe telling everyone off, then he will go visit Putin and bask in the praise he receives from that man. Even Kim of Korea knows how to play him. Sent him a note, starting with 'Your Excellency....." Can't make this stuff up.

I will say something quite blunt now, but it's true. America does nothing for anybody without a catch. There is always a reason for America to get involved. All those bases around the world........ why doesn't America close up shop and go home? Because it's in America's interests for them to be there, that's why. We have been called 'America's unsinkable battleship' on this island of mine. You're here in my country, because you want to be, and that's the truth.

America lent us money after the war. Took us 50 years to pay it back. Every penny. Everything loaned us during the war had a price on it. America benefited financially from the war, while the rest of us were in ruins.

Never boast about what America did, or does for others. There is always a catch. That's the way it is, and always has been. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be grateful for help received, but it is never done for nothing ever.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
English Dave Oh, I totally agree. America should come first, for Americans. But see cremebrulee, Trump announces massive new money for the armed forces. Nobody says a thing. Don't you think some of that money would be better off spent on America, and Americans? You need even more weapons of mass destruction? More 'daisy cutters'?
Hi Dave, I don't believe the money Trump proposed was for weapons of mass destruction, you see, our politicans always gives themselves raises, and engage in pork barrel spending, appeasing their special interest groups, hence, cutting back on vital agencies, like our military. For years now, past Presidents, have cut back extremely on our military, it's bases, equipment. When we were over in Afghanistan, our boys were asking for more equipment...that they needed...that was not only a shame but embarrassing.
I am a firm believer in having a very strong military...

Quote:
America has massive debt, and yet ever more money for weapons. What did the war in Iraq cost the taxpayer? When will that debt be repaid? By Americans not even born yet? Tax cuts....... crumbs for the ordinary citizen, and massive amounts for business and the rich. Donald's people.......
yes, we do, and a lot of that debt is due to giving money away to other countries...and a lot is b/c our government gives money away and then refuses to oversee how it is spent. I remember when Homeland Security allocated monies to communities for safety, and one community bought all new Garbage Trucks?

Quote:
He is now rampaging round Europe telling everyone off, then he will go visit Putin and bask in the praise he receives from that man. Even Kim of Korea knows how to play him. Sent him a note, starting with 'Your Excellency....." Can't make this stuff up.
He isn't rampaging around Europe telling everyone off, he is though having conversations with those people and b/c they don't agree with him, the media and others are making up stories that he is yelling at them, etc....he is not, I watched him...and the talks, he is very nicely in a calm voice, stating his beliefs and what needs to be done. Remember, he is VERY Conservative, which goes against the Media...and a whole lot of people, in your country. But, I tend to agree, it's time other countries start paying their fair share.

Quote:
I will say something quite blunt now, but it's true. America does nothing for anybody without a catch. There is always a reason for America to get involved. All those bases around the world........ why doesn't America close up shop and go home? Because it's in America's interests for them to be there, that's why. We have been called 'America's unsinkable battleship' on this island of mine. You're here in my country, because you want to be, and that's the truth.
that is True, however, that is true for each and every single human being on the face of this earth. We even don't hang around people we don't get anything out of. I hang around with people who are not smothering, into shopping or into drama, and gossip...I hang around people who can entertain me with knowledge, interesting stories and who like the same things I like...we all do the same thing, even you. You wouldn't hand out with someone that didn't fulfill your needs in what a friendship is, would you? Same identicle thing. Everyone has an agenda.

Quote:
America lent us money after the war. Took us 50 years to pay it back. Every penny. Everything loaned us during the war had a price on it. America benefited financially from the war, while the rest of us were in ruins.
You know what David, if I lend someone money, I expect it to be paid back...why? Because that's what my mom taught me to do. She said, I don't care if you pay them back a dollar a week, just as long as you make an attempt, to do so. And I'm thankful to your country for paying us back....It's easy to say, but if they loaned us money, they would most likely expect the very same.

Quote:
Never boast about what America did, or does for others. There is always a catch. That's the way it is, and always has been. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be grateful for help received, but it is never done for nothing ever.
America is it's own worst enemy...we march into other countries, kill people, over religious differences, land differences, to keep countries free, you name it...and our biggest mistake is, we expect people in those countries to think and believe exactly as we do...what is so ridiculous are the people who do that...who believe people of other countries possess the same culture....insane, isn't it? I mean think about it, even your neighbor doesn't own the same personal culture as you do. But, we for instance, waltzed into Afghanistan, and expected them to be intellectually as skilled as we are, along with our own beliefs, when we couldn't have been further from the truth.

My son taught them how to police, and it couldn't have been more difficult. And after all that hard work and money, we were finally gaining ground, and Obama pulls us out????? Sheeeesh, what a waste of money, time, equipment, but most of all, lives....yeah, it's easy to say, "pull out" but what about the boys who died over there?

you see, our leaders of many other countries, wants a global trade center, and to be one nation, all combined...American's are not all ready for that...some are, but a lot of us are not...

You saw a lot of people leaving the White House, shortly after Trump was elected, they all kept leaving. A lot of that was b/c Trump didn't like what they were doing...and they stormed out like little babies. Those men are very rich men, and have money you and I will never ever know about...they are used to buying their ways...and finally, we had a President, who is not afraid to say, "NO" to them...so, they quit, which to me, is good.

You can't keep ramming beliefs down the throats of other people, when you do that, you back people in a corner and make any end result of working together even more distant.

Our country and our Media, is keeping racism alive, they don't give a darn about those people, but by doing so, they are creating a perfect storm...like the war on police, yes, indeed there is good and bad in everything, but our Police forces across the country are not as corrupt as the Media would have you believe. They created this mess...and people are buying into it, especially the wrong people, such as the criminals.

Example: This is not an argument about if he was wrong or right, but, Michael Brown for instance, the very first report that came out, was, the perp, was wrestling the cop for his gun, and he was shot by the officer. (I heard that report!) Nothing was ever said after that...and that happens all the time...their reports are becoming more and more biased.

Just like on the news this morning, they said the very same thing you said, that Trump was being nasty and creating a firestorm at the meetings. He was not, I watched him, and his speeches, he couldn't have been any more polite. The Media, is creating all this hate, and getting people killed b/c of it. And they don't give a darn...all they care about is getting their way.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 07-13-2018 at 06:27 AM..

Old 07-13-2018, 06:50 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,222,624 times
Default America, must accept what it has done and is doing to itself !!!

Quote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
If you think that to be true, then you are basically saying, that the Tea Party and Republicans who pledge to stand against anything and everything Obama presented, was because of party, mixed with his racial makeup.

As to developing modification to Post World War II agreement, if you read historical things, you will find that the Bretton-Woods Accord, was modified various times, one will also know that to make changes it requires 'diplomats" to do the work of diplomatic address and resolve to achieve objectives, as well as work in accord with the United Nations. There are many many documents generated by "Assembly's" that addressed how the interactive monetary matters working between countries. Including, how currency valuation equates in relation to the U.S. Dollar as a reserve Currency.

It's not done by attacking International Relations with Belligerence and Bluster. We as a global system of nation that make up the General Assembly is people, who have dignity as nations, and are 'not" subjects of an American Autocracy.
We as a public too have to realize, America forged ahead to put itself in various positions, because it wanted dominance for American interest. We accepted the "cost" that comes with. Now, because the wealthy in America have "fleeced the nations", sold off and exported anything and everything for short term gain for the wealthy, with no regard for the people and the landscape maintenance of this nation... now... after created more than $20 Trillion of Debt, and draining off American currency to fill the coffers of the wealthy, at the detriment to the American General Public. Now, wanting to blame foreign nations!!!

No, we as a people must face up to the pursuits of historical motivations we had, which was trying to buy influence and manipulate many nations by many means, including preying on them for "cheap labor", preying on them to try and extract natural resources at an advantage rate above what other nations receive.

The TRUTH, is how we face the challenges, and in doing so, we have to accept what we did, how we did it and the results that are generated and created by our doings. We failed to learn from the history of the British Empire and its Fall... and thought we could do the same by different means, and we met the failure and now we blame other nations. NO.... we need to blame the wealthy, who bought out congress and allowed by congressional sanctioned policy to make a mess, to destroy our industrial base, to disenfranchise the poor of America and seek to prevent women and minorities from achieving the equilibrium of economic status and maintenance level incomes to meet with the promoted imagery and substance of the American Standard of Living.

We as a people remained blind and relied on the bought out politicians, who would and did sell away all standard and integrity to the wealthy through the lobbyist generated pay days to make themselves wealthy, at the expense of the nation and its people.

Study history, this was the same process the wealthy tried to use to fix the presidency that was thwarted by Teddy Roosevelt. We saw the same again by Henry Ford, trying to control and regulate the morality and social habits of the people. The wealthy continually thinking they have the "best idea of how to shape and control the people, and influence and dictate the policies of governance". All of such is a violation against the very premise of this nations Democracy. Then, there are people who want to disavow what is the Democracy... with the claim that we are simply a Republic... as if they don't grasp that we are a Democracy, which adopted a system of Republic Process by installing elected representative, to facilitate the Democratic Processes.
  • (( DEMOCRACY = a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.))
  • (( REPUBLIC = a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch. ))

Our challenges are rooted in the history and the perversion of the Declaration of Independence, when the adoption of a system that embraced "SLAVERY" and "INDENTURED SERVITUDE" , both an encumbrance upon the Declaration of Independent itself, and a violation of against the "Bill of Rights". It further violated the Constitutions Principles by negating to consider all persons as equal citizens in this nation.

We allowed, various people from various nations to come, "unchecked" with ideologies that did not meld with the basis of the Declarations own principles which supported the creation of its initiation.

We failed miserably when we had President(s) who were "slave owners" and had "indentured servants", and then made into our laws provisions to seek to justify it. Which doing so violated and infringed upon everything the Original Doctrine of Democracy stood to promote as claim. We failed again, after the Freedom of Slave and the Change in Indentured Servititude, and allowed President(s) who promoted and supported segregationist policy and systems and sanctioned the bias against women and minorities.

People today need to learn the history that has made us what we are today, "a confounded chaos", and then learn to come to terms with what is Democracy and Honor it for what it is.

People must learn what is a monetary system, and why America chose Capitalism...
Quote:
Absolutely no sense that American Currency is a National Security Instrument, that has a principle to make economic viability possible among the citizen population. Which means, when ever the wealthy gain, so "should" the people, because it is people that must have economic elevation when the top wealthy have economic elevation to sustain stability across the nation of economic function.
That is not only a hedge against many things, it is a method to stabilize the monetary system and all that the monetary system supports, which is directly related to the standard and quality of life of the citizen population. When Tax was reduced, with no mandate to invest in America, the wealthy began massively hiding money offshore and creating every type of sham and scam to hoard money. Result: we have a fast eroding nation of infrastructures, cities and citizens communities spreading across the nation, making massive ghetto not just in the cities, but the rural sectors as well.
We have much to review, consider and learn from... we have to face the history of the wars we have created, when such wars led to massive disaster, and a revelation that the conquistador mentality does not work in a changing world of the 20th and 21st Century.

Blaming other nations won't fix our problems... and certainly nor will an all out attack on the Spanish Speaking people from Mexico and Central America.

We as American's chose to ship industry 8,000+ miles to the Asian Pacific and Asian continent of China, rather than to expand and sustain and maintain industry into the North American and Central American Continent.
We ran to China because we thought we had a new "slave nations" where the government of communist design contained the people in a format of subservience, that resembled the controls the Confederate South once had over blacks as a slave labor pool. We ignored the fact that as a nation, with a long history, China had gone through the madness of being dictated over by the British and others, and chose to close its doors and unify its people without the control of external forces, and when it opened its doors, it has design to "never again" fall under the control of any other nations. It allowed the vanity of the Western Powers to think it had found a "slave pool" and they came running with everything they had... and China... took in their work, gathered the pennies and turn them into dollars, and developed their nation, and modified their agreement to stand as their own, and make use of everything that was brought to become and be the Industrial Power of the World.
China still knows that it has 100's of million more people to uplift, and it is NOT going to sell off its industry, and it is not going to have its currency management dictated and it is not going to allow any nations to tell it how to reform and what schedule it must follow in doing so. China is aware enough to know, it has a long ways to go, before it can step by step invoke various reforms for democratizing their society, because they cannot afford the many groups it is made up of, to descend into conflicts, therefore it has to remain with centralized governance, and step by step over the next few generations, to make it changes carefully. Today, China invest in and around the world, and they do so.. not like other came to China thinking they could do, and not like the British once did to them; they create policy and investment based on "Cooperative Mutual Benefit Agreements"... because they know too well, that any other system and process does not work and is not in their greater interest nor the interest of those nations with whom they invest.

One thing about China.. It considers "ALL" its people to be Chinese. Where as in America, we still have people who thinks American belongs to "white people", and any other non white person is a lesser America and relegated to a second tier assessment.

We can't beat China, not in production and not in a war of any type. China has had the experience in their society of having less and living on less, and they have 1000 plus years of history to rely upon, they RESPECT Historical Legacy and Principles of Tradition from that regard for Legacy.

We have no idea what we are dealing with, because we stomp around the world, like the early Arrivals in America stomped over and savagely assaulted and decimated and took and stole from the Native Americans,and ravaged Africa in the name of slavery and looting of natural resources. Because of the ARROGANCE OF DELUSIONS OF WHITE SUPERIORITY MADNESS.

It's Time America Faces Itself ... and certainly not a time for America to blame the world for the mess it has made of itself.

When America destroyed its own Unions, and Decimated its own Rust Belt, and Destroyed its Automotive Mecca and left it in ruins, all because it detested the mere thought of women and minorities living the middle class economic equilibrium standards of American life, and it could not longer invoke segregationist policy... it blinded itself to the damage it was doing to the nation and its people. We destroyed Mill Towns by the thousands, all for the sake of "Greed for a Few" !!! Now, we are fast destroying the Farmlands all across America, for the sake of a few, who want to incorporate them into the hands of the wealthy.

We as a nation talked about human rights, but would not address and truly rectify the narrative that has allowed racism to make madness across the land and into the systems of this nation and its civic function and disturbed the means to have a civil organization and system of nation, that meets and respects its own Declaration of Independence, its own Constitution and its own Bill of Rights.
It has damaged the poor whites and fed them the vile of race based contention for generation, while the wealthy have fleeced the nation in the midst of the contention they generated and promoted. In doing so, it damaged the non white masses by the same process of forcing them to continually have need to fight for civil rights and civic justice and economic opportunity, "again", while the wealthy rape the nations and now declare themselves $ Billionaires with a economic disparity that has created a class and cast system that functions like a wealthy controlled autocratic monarchy over the masses. A gross violation of everything THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE stood against!!!! The people are taxed and the representation is given only to the desires and aspirations of the wealthy. Thus so, the people are taxed without representation, but only fed bias, bigotry, race dissension and generalized chaos by economic disenfranchisement, while the wealthy and their control of political office promotes secularist madness.
This is what the run away madness of greed has done to descend into all out Avarice among the wealthy, which results to a devastation upon and unto and against America and everything it was designed to support and represent.

Until we face those truths... blaming nations around the world.. "WE"...only worsen's everything that we are in our once upon a time, standing among the world of nations. They now see the hypocrisy against our own Declaration of Independence, its Constitution and its Bill of Rights we'd descend to become and remain being.

It's time for the Savagery to End!!!

(What is "a savage" = member of a people regarded as primitive and uncivilized, fierce, violent, and uncontrolled.) Savages create "savagery" !!!! and that was/is not what the Declaration of Independence was designed for.

Quote:
We need to change invest ourselves to live as and "show the world" what the truth and realism of a honest and supported Democracy truly is.
President Obama certainly tried, and he was fought against him and the nation of Democracy's Democratic Ideals like it was a modified version of an internal civil war. That has now descended into the presence of Trump Cultism backed by a Republican System as a remake of Jefferson Davis's Confederate Agenda and Antebellum Ideals and Aspiration, of the wealthy dominating the poor and promoting racial divisiveness;
while at the same time, promoting civil dissension among the world of allied nations.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-13-2018 at 07:11 AM..

Old 07-13-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:

He isn't rampaging around Europe telling everyone off, he is though having conversations with those people and b/c they don't agree with him, the media and others are making up stories that he is yelling at them, etc....he is not, I watched him...and the talks, he is very nicely in a calm voice, stating his beliefs and what needs to be done. Remember, he is VERY Conservative, which goes against the Media...and a whole lot of people, in your country. But, I tend to agree, it's time other countries start paying their fair share.

You know what David, if I lend someone money, I expect it to be paid back...why? Because that's what my mom taught me to do. She said, I don't care if you pay them back a dollar a week, just as long as you make an attempt, to do so. And I'm thankful to your country for paying us back....It's easy to say, but if they loaned us money, they would most likely expect the very same.

America is it's own worst enemy...we march into other countries, kill people, over religious differences, land differences, to keep countries free, you name it...and our biggest mistake is, we expect people in those countries to think and believe exactly as we do...what is so ridiculous are the people who do that...who believe people of other countries possess the same culture....insane, isn't it? I mean think about it, even your neighbor doesn't own the same personal culture as you do. But, we for instance, waltzed into Afghanistan, and expected them to be intellectually as skilled as we are, along with our own beliefs, when we couldn't have been further from the truth.

My son taught them how to police, and it couldn't have been more difficult. And after all that hard work and money, we were finally gaining ground, and Obama pulls us out????? Sheeeesh, what a waste of money, time, equipment, but most of all, lives....yeah, it's easy to say, "pull out" but what about the boys who died over there?

Just like on the news this morning, they said the very same thing you said, that Trump was being nasty and creating a firestorm at the meetings. He was not, I watched him, and his speeches, he couldn't have been any more polite. The Media, is creating all this hate, and getting people killed b/c of it. And they don't give a darn...all they care about is getting their way.
You are right, Donald isn't shouting out his insults. At least in public anyway. But a lot of what he says is absolute tosh Creme. Stuff just off the top of his head. How about coming off the plane after his talks with Kim of Korea? America can sleep safely tonight. I've solved Korea. Not those exact words, but just about. It is a load of rubbish, and everyone knows it.

He says certain countries in NATO owe America money. No they don't - it's rubbish.

Yes, you lent us money after the war, which we paid back. America gave us nothing. Oh, you gave money to Germany for rebuilding, but not us. You lent us money, and you got it all back. We owe America nothing.

You're right on the money with America invading other countries. Yet, so many Americans can't figure out why they're despised in some areas of the world. Vietnam? Oh get over it, that's a long time ago. Sure, Agent Orange has caused massive problems for many years after the war. But gee........ we HAD to do it. Bombing North Vietnam with more bombs than dropped on Germany in the Second World War? That was then, this is now.

Same for Iraq. Those people did NOTHING to America. Nothing at all. Look at the state of the country now. They were better off under Saddam. At the same time, that war cost America billions. What happened to the war mongers Bush and Rumsfeld? Living real nice and comfortable. Every time I see photos of Bush he has a big smile on his face. Does he lose any sleep at night? Nah........

Afghanistan....... we have experience of fighting those primitives. Long ago, back in the days of the British Empire. We lost many men then, and again in recent times. Life means nothing to them, same as back in the 19th century. Attempts to drag them into the modern age is a waste of time.

I hoped Trump would be a force for good. I knew exactly why he won in 2016. But he is just proving to be another very rich man feathering his own nest, especially with his tax cuts. You think him lashing out in all directions is going to bring good in the end? No it won't. He is making enemies of America's friends, and friends of America's enemies. Kim and Putin know how to play him like a violin.

America has one bad trading partner, and that is China. It does not have a bad deal overall with other countries. You think Europe will roll over and accept all his crap? They will not. All he is doing is going to bring problems to us all trade wise, including Americans. He is trying to take on the whole world. Good luck with that. No wonder Vice-President Pence was out in middle America trying to reassure worried farmers. At the same time, Donald is insulting his way across Europe, with yes, a quiet voice. But insulting nevertheless. This is going to all end in tears for all of us. All, except Korea, Russia, and China.

What are Congress doing? Keeping their collective heads down that's what. Self serving as always.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:36 AM

596 posts, read 889,530 times
Quote:
Hi Dave, I don't believe the money Trump proposed was for weapons of mass destruction, you see, our politicans always gives themselves raises, and engage in pork barrel spending, appeasing their special interest groups, hence, cutting back on vital agencies, like our military. For years now, past Presidents, have cut back extremely on our military, it's bases, equipment. When we were over in Afghanistan, our boys were asking for more equipment...that they needed...that was not only a shame but embarrassing.
I am a firm believer in having a very strong military...

yes, we do, and a lot of that debt is due to giving money away to other countries...and a lot is b/c our government gives money away and then refuses to oversee how it is spent. I remember when Homeland Security allocated monies to communities for safety, and one community bought all new Garbage Trucks?

that is True, however, that is true for each and every single human being on the face of this earth. We even don't hang around people we don't get anything out of. I hang around with people who are not smothering, into shopping or into drama, and gossip...I hang around people who can entertain me with knowledge, interesting stories and who like the same things I like...we all do the same thing, even you. You wouldn't hand out with someone that didn't fulfill your needs in what a friendship is, would you? Same identicle thing. Everyone has an agenda.

you see, our leaders of many other countries, wants a global trade center, and to be one nation, all combined...American's are not all ready for that...some are, but a lot of us are not...

You saw a lot of people leaving the White House, shortly after Trump was elected, they all kept leaving. A lot of that was b/c Trump didn't like what they were doing...and they stormed out like little babies. Those men are very rich men, and have money you and I will never ever know about...they are used to buying their ways...and finally, we had a President, who is not afraid to say, "NO" to them...so, they quit, which to me, is good.

You can't keep ramming beliefs down the throats of other people, when you do that, you back people in a corner and make any end result of working together even more distant.

Our country and our Media, is keeping racism alive, they don't give a darn about those people, but by doing so, they are creating a perfect storm...like the war on police, yes, indeed there is good and bad in everything, but our Police forces across the country are not as corrupt as the Media would have you believe. They created this mess...and people are buying into it, especially the wrong people, such as the criminals.

Example: This is not an argument about if he was wrong or right, but, Michael Brown for instance, the very first report that came out, was, the perp, was wrestling the cop for his gun, and he was shot by the officer. (I heard that report!) Nothing was ever said after that...and that happens all the time...their reports are becoming more and more biased.

+1 I agree completely!

Old 07-13-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
do you understand the impact of garbage removal as a benefit on the security and safety of a community? Because it is!!! (spending grant money is done by agreement of what it can be spent on, that is within the guidelines and laws that are crafted into agreement of grant funds) How do I know, because I've been "a monitor of grant funds expenditures" !!!

Quote:
Please pay attention to FACT'S!!! GHW Bush signed the Agreement to pull out of Iraq, on the demands of the Iraqi Government. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It had a withdrawal date cast in stone.

Quote:
Wrong again!! Trump's ideology and the belligerence and bigotry and racist bias and the goons Trump brought in, is why people left, and Trump filled the Administration with MILLIONAIRES, and the boasted about it, claiming that he only believed the wealthy could lead the masses.

Quote:
Wrong Again !
We have never seen some many criminal within an Administration, as we've seen within this Trump Administration, from his Daughter and Son in Law, to Flynn, Manifort, and the many that have been dismissed because of their vile, malice and greed that the Administration could not cover up.
As to Racism, "everyone" remembers Charlottesville, and Trumps comments, and everyone knows the stand and position of the White Evangelical system, that also embraces White Separatist, White Nationalist, Neo Nazi and KKK and other racist and anti government groups. Bannon is still parading around pushing White Nationalism. Everyone knows the vile Trump made regarding the NFL Players, the attack on Mexicans, Calling nations of black and brown people Sh-t Hole Nations, and the images at his rally's of his base attacking black people. And the embolden white racist that are in the headlines on a daily basis in their assault upon and against others non white people. FOX NEWS won't show that too you.

Quote:
Are you still unaware of the biased and belligerent narratives and agenda's that has been promoted by Trump and the Republican system? Evidently not.

You seem to on one hand want peace and unity, but you don't expand to see the broader impact of the reality of Trump and the Republican Administration as well as the Conduct and Pandering of Trump to Autocratic leaders and the disregard for Congress, the threatening of Congressional members if they vote their conscience, and don't vote a loyalty vote to him. Do you even know what the Federalist Society Is, and who and why it was created?
the base premise of the Declaration of Independence was and is a Document for Liberal Democracy, not one of Conservative Agenda. "Conservative Agenda" is a Confederate Promotion and Construct!!!! it is about the wealthy, dominating over the poor masses, and dictating the premise of their retention of power over the people. They want less government so they are unconstrained in pursuing the agenda of the wealthy dictation over the poor mass of the population. Most Conservative have no idea what they are supporting, which is the devastation upon and agaisnt themselves and the people of this nation. One might want to go and learn about Confederate Ideology, and while doing so, Learn about Antebellum System. a racist based cast system that supported and fought for the sustaining and promotion of slavery and indentured servitude".

When one builds their concepts and values based on things they don't know and have invested nothing to seek understanding of, they can and are often led into malice by confabulation. Simply because they are unlearned about the real truth, and defend against a system and ideals that are a subversive premise against the Declaration of Independence and the values it stood to uphold.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:17 AM

Default an Uneducated society, adopts a Dogma = something held as an established opinion; especially : a definite authoritative

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
You are right, Donald isn't shouting out his insults. At least in public anyway. But a lot of what he says is absolute tosh Creme. Stuff just off the top of his head. How about coming off the plane after his talks with Kim of Korea? America can sleep safely tonight. I've solved Korea. Not those exact words, but just about. It is a load of rubbish, and everyone knows it.

He says certain countries in NATO owe America money. No they don't - it's rubbish.

Yes, you lent us money after the war, which we paid back. America gave us nothing. Oh, you gave money to Germany for rebuilding, but not us. You lent us money, and you got it all back. We owe America nothing.

You're right on the money with America invading other countries. Yet, so many Americans can't figure out why they're despised in some areas of the world. Vietnam? Oh get over it, that's a long time ago. Sure, Agent Orange has caused massive problems for many years after the war. But gee........ we HAD to do it. Bombing North Vietnam with more bombs than dropped on Germany in the Second World War? That was then, this is now.

Same for Iraq. Those people did NOTHING to America. Nothing at all. Look at the state of the country now. They were better off under Saddam. At the same time, that war cost America billions. What happened to the war mongers Bush and Rumsfeld? Living real nice and comfortable. Every time I see photos of Bush he has a big smile on his face. Does he lose any sleep at night? Nah........

Afghanistan....... we have experience of fighting those primitives. Long ago, back in the days of the British Empire. We lost many men then, and again in recent times. Life means nothing to them, same as back in the 19th century. Attempts to drag them into the modern age is a waste of time.

I hoped Trump would be a force for good. I knew exactly why he won in 2016. But he is just proving to be another very rich man feathering his own nest, especially with his tax cuts. You think him lashing out in all directions is going to bring good in the end? No it won't. He is making enemies of America's friends, and friends of America's enemies. Kim and Putin know how to play him like a violin.

America has one bad trading partner, and that is China. It does not have a bad deal overall with other countries. You think Europe will roll over and accept all his crap? They will not. All he is doing is going to bring problems to us all trade wise, including Americans. He is trying to take on the whole world. Good luck with that. No wonder Vice-President Pence was out in middle America trying to reassure worried farmers. At the same time, Donald is insulting his way across Europe, with yes, a quiet voice. But insulting nevertheless. This is going to all end in tears for all of us. All, except Korea, Russia, and China.

What are Congress doing? Keeping their collective heads down that's what. Self serving as always.
People don't follow the subject commentary of the thread, so they just go in circles never learning to read, research and come to learn truths and understand... They function from a Cultist Groomed Mentality. We saw and know how "Cults" functions by the Jim Jones Cult Madness, and the David Koresh Cult, we see it in the Scientology Cult, The White Nationalist Cult, The White Separatist Cult, The Neo Nazi Cult, and the White Evangelical Cult, and the many variations of Anti Government Cultist. This is the out growth of a historical system that allowed White People to flood into American for Centuries Unchecked and Un domesticated in understanding what is American Democracy. They came thinking freedom meant "do anything any way one wants to anyone at any time"... when the base premise of Freedom is Responsibility, and within the American system, that Responsibility is to reside in a system of Regulatory Governance, as a foundational framework that Supports what is Democracy.

The world is learning how truly uneducated American's are as to what is Democracy, and what is Freedom. The demonstrated conduct of what we see today, is an Insult to everything that is premised by and for Democracy to exist and thrive. What the world is seeing is a nation of "Multiple Cultist Groupings" that stand in subversive ideology against everything that Democracy Stands for. the gross sadness is they have not the capacity of intellect to know any different. they are like those who first came to this land, with a lust for wealth and riches by engaging in a cut throat orgy of any inhumanity to feed their slothful nature. This nation resulted to have been inhabited by a mass of "glutton's" who passed their vain greed driven mentality from one generation to another. They created a nation that now functions like an Old European Styled Ghetto... from which many came from, where they idolized the Serf masters and wanted to become one themselves. The old phrase "Every Man Can Live Like a King" is a vile concept that rages across the land like a wildfire... destroying anything and everything it comes in contact with.

The end result to such.. is what we are experiencing this very day and time, which is massive greed and economic imbalance, and industrial failure, and social and civil dissension, and massive debt by and through the greed of the mentality that is pervasive, which are the ingredient of "DOWNFALL".

Ignorance of and within the populace has seen a many once potential empires, spike up and fall; never to arise again to have potential to be of the greatness that it might have had, if only it had chosen a different premise and engaged in a full broader span education of its people and adopted a system of respect for the equality among and within it citizenship. We've been like a "Tempest" in cycles and history has recorded each crash and down fall of the economy and the devastation of the economic system and society over the span of centuries.

The average person in this site, does not read links to gain understanding, they seek the dogma within their own mind. ( Dogma = something held as an established opinion; especially : a definite authoritative tenet. )

Old 07-13-2018, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Yea, I agree, I guess it was time for some humor.... because that bunch of mentally blind silliness has to be the most brainwashed madness ever... When, fact and documentation via video and print by the day, shows the malice minded madness of Trump....

Geez... some of these people (Trumpee's) make America look more dumb'ed down than many foreign people ever thought they'd see in the 21st Century.... Heck ... America will have a mass task to overcome the imagery projections of the Trump Cult Members has done to damage and harm America, and the Republican Confederate Idealists continue to present a message agenda that is driven to create future harm and damage.

I think this post said it very well !!
and to think... people follow that nonsense
there are still a lot of us left, who remember how it used to be...you do not...so you don't know what you missing. I'm going to reinstate this again...if Obama wouldn't have done such a lousy job, Trump wouldn't be in there now, but he is...and I believe a lot of people don't know any more about politics then being headline readers, so they believe everything that is said about Trump, which is not true....

Now, I want you to watch the next time a dem wins the Presidency, and watch how the media treats that person, no matter how bad they are....just humor me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies