Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2018, 09:24 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, it's pretty clear Ms. Wilkinson has severely damaged Lexington, VA's tourist trade, which is of vital necessity to the small town. Liberals like to talk a big game but very rarely put their money where their mouths are when the rubber meets the road. They always expect someone else to pay for what they want.

Lexington, VA is a popular stop for avid history buff tourist groups and tour packages. Many now are dropping Lexington from their agenda.
And you have some proof for these claims, right?

I read that the Red Hen is now booked for months. Virtually impossible to get a reservation now.

I've also read that they and the owners of other restaurants of the same name in other states are receiving death threats - you know the usual rightist default reaction to anything that they don't like.

Guess which of these claims is actually easiest to prove.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:26 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post

I read that the Red Hen is now booked for months. Virtually impossible to get a reservation now.

I've also read that they and the owners of other restaurants of the same name in other states are receiving death threats - you know the usual rightist default reaction to anything that they don't like.

Guess which of these claims is actually easiest to prove.
Are you sure all those reservations are for people who are planning to show up?

Old 06-26-2018, 09:31 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Exactly.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector1489 View Post
You want more examples of the calm, reasoned, tolerant attitudes of the commies we're dealing with, visit The Other 98% page.

Get ready, it's war!

War?

Really?

See this perfectly typifies the mindset of people who would threaten to kill or otherwise harm someone because they didn't pay fealty to someone who works for a given administration.

Does this stuff really mean that much to you like it does so some of the people posting at the link below?

If so, wow.

Just wow.

An example:

"If this were a just nation we could just burn the restaurant to the ground and salt the earth"

https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/...49359958745088

Old 06-26-2018, 09:34 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Just watch it play out...

Old 06-26-2018, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
No, not at all.

I have no more proof that they are actual reservations than the poster I quoted has that this will "ruin" tourism in Lexington.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:49 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Respectful is not an adjective for Sarah, spoon feeding obvious lies to the media and Americans every single day is not a sign that you respect them. She had one job and she couldn't even do it as she has lost all credibility and morals.
You do realize that this is the same description that most Republicans and conservatives would offer for Obama's press secretaries, Robert Gibbs, Jay Carney and Josh Earnest, right?

Those people appeared to me in many cases to lie almost more often than they told the truth.

But you are wrong about Sarah. She is generally pretty careful about what she says. However, we all have long experience now with the cavalier and completely unprincipled way that Democrats and leftists throw around baseless accusations, such as when they indiscriminately call people they disagree with bigots and racists, and liars for that matter, as a means of trying to bully them into submission.

So, this is just more of that, and I can assure you that Republicans and conservatives across the country will almost unanimously interpret this that way.

As far as the liars, sure Trump lies quite a bit, but Sarah Sanders, I have not seen it, constant lies by the almost completely untrustworthy Democrat left to the contrary, notwithstanding.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:06 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think the Red Hen owner was within her rights. People who own private businesses do have a right to deny services to people who espouse viewpoint that the owner is strongly, religiously opposed to. That's what the Supreme court said, and there is a history of that in this country. But I don't agree with shouting people down, as in what was done to Kirstjen Nielson and others. I think that the in-your-face screaming, getting in peoples' way, crowding in and shouting obscenities is dangerous. It could break into violence with just a small mistake or mistaken interpretation. I don't this that kind of intimidation at Planned Parenthood or abortion clinics is right, so why would I think it was right in other settings?

The owner at the Red Hen reportedly took Sarah aside and politely asked her to leave. That is a lot different from screaming in her face, trying to whip up a crowd.
She also went to another restaurant that the family went to and harassed them there. Something that people always seem to forget. That’s too far in my opinion, and she deserves the criticism.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:08 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You do realize that this is the same description that most Republicans and conservatives would offer for Obama's press secretaries, Robert Gibbs, Jay Carney and Josh Earnest, right?

Those people appeared to me in many cases to lie almost more often than they told the truth.

But you are wrong about Sarah. She is generally pretty careful about what she says. However, we all have long experience now with the cavalier and completely unprincipled way that Democrats and leftists throw around baseless accusations, such as when they indiscriminately call people they disagree with bigots and racists, and liars for that matter, as a means of trying to bully them into submission.

So, this is just more of that, and I can assure you that Republicans and conservatives across the country will almost unanimously interpret this that way.

As far as the liars, sure Trump lies quite a bit, but Sarah Sanders, I have not seen it, constant lies by the almost completely untrustworthy Democrat left to the contrary, notwithstanding.
More importantly, a lot of independents will see it that way as well.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:19 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Sarah offends far more people every day she speaks in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies