Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2018, 08:48 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The liberal press are liars, anti-American, etc ..........It doesn't mean they should be shot on sight or at random. The hypocrisy is they call themselves news and reporters when they are mostly political activist with the propaganda offering.
Bull. Many of you can't deal with the idea that you just may be wrong. Anything that disagrees with your worldview is automatically liberal. Also you might wanna talk to Trump and Milo:

Quote:
"I can't wait for vigilante squads to start gunning journalists down on sight." ~Milo Yiannopoulos, June 2018
Quote:
"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!" ~Donald Trump, Feb. 2017

Old 06-29-2018, 08:49 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,330,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The left will never understand the difference between words and actions, I fear.
The right will never understand the journey from idea ---> words ----> actions, I fear.

Old 06-29-2018, 11:02 PM

16,637 posts, read 8,636,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
Yes and the editor had warned police about this guy and how much of a danger he was. And the police did nothing.
I heard a report saying someone at the paper predicted this guy was going to go postal on them years ago. It sounds like other cases where people who know the nutbag sense they are capable of such acts, just like the Parkland shooter.
That said, the police can only do so much. Someone in the justice department needed to get a court order to evaluate him (Baker Act) to see if he was mentally unhinged or not. Otherwise the police cannot arrest someone because of suspicion of what they might do.
The people at the paper feared if they attempted to pursue charges, that would set the nutter off.

`

Old 06-30-2018, 05:43 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,792,370 times
Quote:
Yes and the editor had warned police about this guy and how much of a danger he was. And the police did nothing.
LE investigated.

Paper chose not to press charges as they thought it would set him off.

Whack job guy had no history of violence.

What exactly would you expect the Police to do?

I don’t grasp the need to blame anyone other than the shooter.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:28 AM

4,802 posts, read 3,514,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
What are the police supposed to do? We don't live in a police state...... Yet..... There are people that don't like me. What am I supposed to do? Get them locked up? We can't lock people up for what we think they may do in the future. This guy telegraphed his intentions. Not every mass murderer does that . So how do we stop this? Police don't have the manpower to monitor every threat...
You cant stop it. But, you can interact with people face to face vice online... Think about it. How many people know their neighbors. If someone in my town was told I was threatening an individual, by the time I got home, my Father was waiting.. Now we are scared to call people out.. This guy shared his intent.. People failed to call him out..
And, if this was a shall issue state, and someone had a gun, shotgun, rifle, tanto knife, something concealed, and this guy came in blasting his shotgun, someone could have charged him, or returned fire. If you look at every mass shooting, as soon as perp is confronted by another armed person, they either surrender or kill themselves, for the most part. This guy stopped as soon as police arrive..One minute later, when seconds counted.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:02 AM

24,434 posts, read 23,098,542 times
I said he looks like a Luciferian which would make him a deep stater/ Illuminati. He DID work for the federal government so that's some more reason right there. He's got dead, soulless eyes. And an evil smile. Like a Podesta.
But the media's almost completely in the service of the deep state so that blows that argument pretty much out of the water. Unless he was MK Ultra'ed and his trolley had then slipped off its tracks later and he chose another unassigned target.
That neck 'fro .... ugh.

Old 06-30-2018, 07:50 AM

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Bull. Many of you can't deal with the idea that you just may be wrong. Anything that disagrees with your worldview is automatically liberal. Also you might wanna talk to Trump and Milo:

"We have to put our bodies on the line"....micheal moore....

And you remember steve scalise

Old 06-30-2018, 09:10 AM

3,085 posts, read 1,552,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
LE investigated.

Paper chose not to press charges as they thought it would set him off.

Whack job guy had no history of violence.

What exactly would you expect the Police to do?

I don’t grasp the need to blame anyone other than the shooter.
The orginal reporter told police this guy was going to be a mass murderer. They didnt listen. The reporter was the one that wrote the original column that got the paper sued. She believed he was dangerous, very dangerous. In so many of these cases there is a history of some type of aberrant behavior. And family look the other way, agencies make excuses, and police have other things to do. Of course the shooter is to blame but society has failed the victims, thats why they are victims.

Old 06-30-2018, 01:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
The orginal reporter told police this guy was going to be a mass murderer. They didnt listen. The reporter was the one that wrote the original column that got the paper sued. She believed he was dangerous, very dangerous. In so many of these cases there is a history of some type of aberrant behavior. And family look the other way, agencies make excuses, and police have other things to do. Of course the shooter is to blame but society has failed the victims, thats why they are victims.
The problem is until the shooter crosses a line where they shouldn't have guns, there is no reason to take them away. This was all conjecture until it was too late like all too many cases of recent mass shootings. The communities knew this could happen but even if agencies got involved, they couldn't legally remove guns so they wouldn't do it. There In lies the issue. Then we have the only outlaws break laws so why bother with laws crowd too, but this argument of agencies failing is due to second amendment handcuffing the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:09 PM

30,904 posts, read 36,995,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I really wouldn't say that at all, in fact I would say the opposite. A mass shooting like Las Vegas does not seem IMO to be personal at all. In this case, based on that court link, this gentleman sounds like he was disturbed before this. And one might want to read that quickly, I'm surprised how easy it was to find.
The shooting in Vegas was likely perpetuated by people from within our own government, otherwise known as a false flag. Yes, I know that makes me a crazy conspiracy nut to some. Maybe some day people will overcome their denial as to how bad things really are. Some people are waking up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuB6wavzcww
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies