Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 02:09 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,545,370 times

Advertisements

He's not in trouble for not giving the vaccine. Rather, he's in trouble for giving a letter of exemption which probably allows the child to get into school without the required vaccines.

Sounds like he can give exemption letters but there are medical board rules regarding what steps must be taken before an exemption letter can be given.

Seems like it's at least the 5th time he gave an exemption letter without going through the required steps:

Per the OP's link:

there are four more cases that he has to deal with for writing improper vaccine exemptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 02:14 PM

20,835 posts, read 8,662,760 times
Isn't it funny that California has its knickers in a twist over vaccines yet allows in millions of illegals who aren't screened for diseases and have never been vaccinated?

Old 06-30-2018, 02:16 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,545,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Why was he brought up on charges? .
He wasn't charged with a crime.

Quote:
Does California now have forced vaccination for all?
No. California medical board allows exemptions from vaccinations. There are specific steps which the doctor must take before giving the exemption letter. This doctor gave 5 different exemption letters to 5 different patients and didn't follow the medical board rules for giving the exemption letters.

If he didn't give the vaccination he wouldn't have gotten in trouble with the medical board. He got in trouble because he gave written exemption letters without following the medical board rules for granting these exemptions.

The medical board is relative to doctors having a license to practice in that state.

Old 06-30-2018, 04:06 PM

37,213 posts, read 41,447,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Was reading yesterday, after the chicken pox vaccine started, the number of shingles episodes exploded.
Nope. The incidence of shingles was increasing before the chickenpox vaccine became available and has increased in countries that do not routinely use the vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Anchorage, Alaska just this year experienced over 200 cases of mumps and, according to local paper, have recently seen some cases of measles. We have forgotten people used to die from these diseases. The failure for healthy people to get vaccines can lead to diminished herd immunity. It is of importance to the entire community that everyone able to get their vaccines.

I don’t have an issue with staggered vaccines, actually, it seems very resonable. However, I imagine the medical community was waiting for the first opportunity to be able to control his rhetoric, since he was quite vocal about what could be interpreted as an anti-vaccine agenda.
There is no medical reason not to follow the schedule recommended by the infectious disease experts. It just delays getting kids protected as quickly as possible, increases the risk that children will never get some doses at all, increases expense due to multiple extra office visits, and subjects the child to more needle sticks by not using combination vaccines.

The Problem With Dr Bob's Alternative Vaccine Schedule | Special Articles | Pediatrics

Quote:
I'm very confused.

Why was he brought up on charges?

He did no harm to the patient and broke no laws?

Can anyone explain this? Does California now have forced vaccination for all?
He, in essence, sells the exemptions to anyone who wants them, whether they are justified or not. The board decided that it was below the standard of care to provide an exemption to a child who did not legitmitately qualify for one.

https://respectfulinsolence.com/2015...-dr-bob-sears/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Mind if I ask how "Old" you are? If you are over 65, were you vaccinated for measles, mumps, etc.? Vaccinated Herd Immunity? It means the "herd" has immunity to the disease, not always from being vaccinated. If a person has had measles before, they will have lifetime immunity from catching it again, thereby not giving it to others. Do not need to be vaccinated. Similar to all those people from the Disney Measles Outbreak, none of whom died. They do not need to be vaccinated for measles either.
If you had the disease you had to get sick in order to become immune, hopefully without any permanent disability from it. Of course, for those who die from the disease, immunity becomes a moot point. Those who get the vaccine get the immunity without the illness.

We do not yet know whether there will be any deaths from the Disney related outbreak. Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis can take years to show up.

https://www.merckmanuals.com/profess...ephalitis-sspe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't it funny that California has its knickers in a twist over vaccines yet allows in millions of illegals who aren't screened for diseases and have never been vaccinated?
Those "illegals" are probably vaccinated. Some areas in the US have lower vaccination rates than most third world countries. My DIL is from Mexico. She says nurses go to the homes of kids who are found to need vaccines and give them. No parent home? No problem. The child gets the vaccine and the paperwork is left with whoever is the caregiver.

Here are some DTaP rates:

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...worldwide.html

Old 06-30-2018, 04:43 PM

20,133 posts, read 16,225,762 times
Quote:
ALL children, including the children of illegal migrants, must have proof of their vaccines, or a letter for medical exemption, to go to public school.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:10 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,020,755 times
Quote:
Anchorage, Alaska just this year experienced over 200 cases of mumps and, according to local paper, have recently seen some cases of measles. We have forgotten people used to die from these diseases. The failure for healthy people to get vaccines can lead to diminished herd immunity. It is of importance to the entire community that everyone able to get their vaccines.

I don’t have an issue with staggered vaccines, actually, it seems very resonable. However, I imagine the medical community was waiting for the first opportunity to be able to control his rhetoric, since he was quite vocal about what could be interpreted as an anti-vaccine agenda.
To reiterate what has been said, the problem with "staggered" vaccinations, as you call them, is that the child is unprotected longer. For some diseases, that can be fatal. Pertussis (whooping cough), Hib (meningitis and other serious diseases), rotavirus (severe diarrheal disease that can cause dehydration and death), mumps, pneumococcal disease (causes pneumonia, meningitis, other serious diseases), Hepatitis A and B, and chickenpox, among the early childhood disease we vaccinate against, are all still in circulation. The other problem with staggering vaccines is that sometimes parents don't get back at all. As someone who worked in numerous vaccination clinics, I can attest to that.

Sears has been around for a long time, and some have felt he should have been sanctioned before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
A good doctor refused to administer a vaccine to a baby with a vaccine ALLERGY and instead provided the mother with a medical exemption.

California doctor placed on probation for 35 months after failing to do vaccinations | Daily Mail Online

The doctor is not “antivax” but recommends a modified schedule. The government hates him for his different view and put him on probation for this. You can never question the all-powerful establishment. This is how things are headed. Soon, comrades, all babies will have all vaccines the govt/pharma dictate regardless of what their doctor thinks. If we break a few eggs, or well. The good of the collective. If a doctor objects we’ll strip his license and if a parent objects we’ll prosecute for child abuse.
The headline is misleading. As has been said, he didn't follow the proper protocol. And then to play hero ( 'Isn't it my job to listen to my patients and believe what a parent says happened to her baby? Isn't that what ALL doctors do with their patients?

'A patient's word is often the only evidence we have - as doctors we must trust our patients, the same way our patients trust us to look out for their best interest.

'After all, I don't want a child to receive a medical treatment that could cause more harm. I am going to first do no harm, every time.')
. Quite the narcissist, he is.

Of course a doctor should listen to his/her patients. But just like you don't believe everything you hear, you do have a responsibility to check it out before you write a letter permanently exempting the child from immunizations. The "reaction" the mother described is not a typical vaccine reaction. I recall the deaf Miss America, Heather Whitestone. Her mother claimed her deafness was due to a reaction from DTP vaccine. Turned out she was, prevariacating. Heather had Hib disease for which there was no vaccine at the time. She's lucky that's all that happened to her.
https://books.google.com/books?id=qZ...action&f=false

Sears has admitted his alternate schedule has no scientific basis in fact.
After all this time, Dr. Bob Sears finally tips his hand on vaccines, part IV – Respectful Insolence

Your last paragraph is pure hyperbole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
How many of those 200 people died?
As was pointed out, at least two got encephalitis, a common complication of mumps and a cause of mental retardation. For some reason, anti-vaxers like to look at these diseases in a binary fashion-did they live or die? Many live but with complications. Pre-vaccine, mumps was the major cause of one-sided hearing loss.
https://www.historyofvaccines.org/co...articles/mumps
"Mumps can be a mild disease, but it is often quite uncomfortable and complications are not rare. These include meningitis; testicular inflammation in males who have reached puberty, among whom about half experience some degree of testicular atrophy; inflammation of the ovaries or breasts in females who have reached puberty; and permanent deafness in one or both ears. Before the development of a mumps vaccine, the disease was one of the major causes of deafness in children.

Some research also suggests an increase in miscarriages among pregnant women who are infected with mumps during their first trimester."

I have a hearing loss, and audiologist told me it was likely caused by either measles or mumps. I am too old to have been vaccinated; I had both diseases.

Quote:
To reiterate, Central and South American countries have higher vaccine rates than in some parts of the US, plus the kids have to be vaccinated before they can attend school.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:13 PM

19,751 posts, read 10,188,899 times
Quote:
Right. Bet that was why I referred to one as Measles and the other as Rubella - ya think? However, Rubella is also known as German Measles or Three-Day Measles. Rubella (German Measles) is the one that can cross the placenta. The measles represented by the M in the shot is different, however it is still problematic, and has a complication rate of 30%. My point was the Mumps part could be separated and made optional but the other two are important to keep. Additionally, Anchorage’s Mumps outbreak, which I agree no one died from, is an indication that it could happen with the other M (Measles) or the R (Rubella or German Measles).
There again, three day measles and Rubella are different things.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:19 PM

37,213 posts, read 41,447,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
There again, three day measles and Rubella are different things.
Nope, they are the same thing:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20377310

Old 07-01-2018, 01:27 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,681,604 times
Never be surprised by the extremes our government (and those who are complicit) will go to in order to protect the sanctity of Big Pharma.

Old 07-01-2018, 01:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,885,521 times
Quote:
You actually have a point here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies