Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 02:43 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
I grew up in a time when kids got the measles as a routine thing.
No one died. Never even heard of anyone dying from it.

I also recall some getting the mumps but it wasn't as widespread
I know a few people that had cancer and survived. Cancer is no big deal.

See how stupid that line of logic, or lack there of sounds?

Last edited by aridon; 07-01-2018 at 02:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 04:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The post says that they are "probably" vaccinated. Is "probably" a standard you will accept?

We can allow you to enroll your child because they are "probably" vaccinated.
One of those posts says that. You ask for records. I have worked with immigrants, legal and probably some illegal. Most of them bring their records with them. If they have no records, you re-vaccinate. See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
ALL children, including the children of illegal migrants, must have proof of their vaccines, or a letter for medical exemption, to go to public school.

Quote:

Quote:
Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.

Measles

You probably are confused with Mumps. That was pretty common when I was a kid.
Prior to the vaccines for measles and mumps, virtually 100% of people got them. In fact, in the US, birth before 1957 means you're immune to measles and mumps. About 85% of people got rubella. To reiterate what I said before, each year in the decade prior to the measles vaccine (1953-1962), there were 450-500 deaths a year from measles. Just because you never heard of anyone dying from measles, SS, that doesn't mean no one did. This was at a time when the population of the US was about half what it is now, I'll add.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-01-2018 at 04:37 PM..

Old 07-01-2018, 04:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
IMO, everyone should be vaccinated. That would include all citizens, immigrants, and refugees.
So we should be concerned about everyone's vaccination status. What better way to do that than through the schools!

Old 07-01-2018, 04:31 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
This is the problem with stupidity: it can literally be a public health hazard. The anti-vax movement is a prime example.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:

You grew up in a time low information and no access to a MMR vaccination. There is no excuse for causing this lifetime of pain to someone else anymore!

Quote:
Dortha contracted rubella when she was 2½ weeks pregnant, before she even knew that she was expecting. Although she got better, the virus took root in her fetus' bone cells, nerve cells and skin cells. It would leave Lesli blind, deaf and severely brain-damaged. She spent 100 days in the hospital before her first birthday and has undergone more than 20 surgeries over the years, including an open-heart operation at 3 months that left her ribs broken.
Quote:
Ever since Lesli was born 48 years ago, Dortha has longed to hear her daughter say a single word. She cried more tears than anyone can imagine, rocking young Lesli every night for years on end. Mom would get maybe an hour or two of sleep before heading off to her teaching job.
https://www.cnn.com/2017/04/04/healt...sli/index.html

Old 07-01-2018, 04:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
So we should be concerned about everyone's vaccination status. What better way to do that than through the schools!
No argument here.

Old 07-01-2018, 04:38 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
That's because the Pharma companies made another great deal which exempts them from a complaint. How many injuries from vaccines are submitted to the VAERS committee they made up to hide reports?
Do you have a source that proves the existence of a "VAERS committee they made up to hide reports"? Who are "they"?

Quote:
Report an Adverse Event using the VAERS online form, not the manufacturer.

Sure, how many injuries have been reported to that?

Anyone can report anything to VAERS. Every report is investigated if it contains enough information to do so. The mere existence of a report does not mean a vaccine caused the reported effect.

Old 07-01-2018, 07:49 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
If the child indeed had an allergy or severe adverse reaction, wouldn’t there be medical documentation, like a report from the ER or his former doctor? For a reaction serious enough to warrant a permanent exemption from vaccines?

Old 07-01-2018, 09:18 PM

292 posts, read 163,271 times
Quote:
Measles is one of the leading causes of death among young children even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available.

Measles

You probably are confused with Mumps. That was pretty common when I was a kid.
You could be right

Old 07-01-2018, 09:57 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
If the child indeed had an allergy or severe adverse reaction, wouldn’t there be medical documentation, like a report from the ER or his former doctor? For a reaction serious enough to warrant a permanent exemption from vaccines?
Yes, and Sears did not get that documentation.

He made it known he would provide medical exemptions to pretty much any parent who asked for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies