Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2018, 05:49 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't it funny that California has its knickers in a twist over vaccines yet allows in millions of illegals who aren't screened for diseases and have never been vaccinated?
Yeah, thats right. Lets make this thread about illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 05:53 PM

37,120 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
No, no one cares about your "experience". That you do not get sick when you are exposed to a vaccine preventable disease means nothing. Not everyone catches flu when exposed to it. The question is why do you care about other people who do vaccinate and want to discourage them from doing so. As Dr. Sears infamously advised his patients' parents, if you are going to hide in the herd and leech off the protection provided by your neighbors, do not tell them you do not vaccinate, because if they follow your lead, there will be no herd for you to hide in.

One, I am giving my experience in working in PUBLIC SCHOOLS and Religious Exemptions. That is irrelevant? LEGAL Religious Exemptions. You live Georiga. I lived in Florida. I am giving you what the law in Florida is, as much as you would like California law to be the law in the entire US. YOU have no experience working in public schools and what parents will do.

I believe in CHOICE. Give your kids 1,000 vaccines if you wish, BUT allow the choice of others to not be mandated to have even ONE.

Me? Hiding in the "Vaccinated Herd"? ROFL I am not 30 years old. My generation, and YOUR's, had all those diseases and now have unvaccinated, lifetime immunity. The "herd" is not protecting me, or my generation, from catching Measles etc, AGAIN. I am sure you have gone out and gotten every vaccine for every childhood disease you had. Feed the "Masters".
Yes, your experience is totally irrelevant. The physician in the OP is in CA, not FL.

Yes, you are hiding in the herd if you have not gotten adult boosters for diphtheria and pertussis. Even if you had whooping cough you do not have "lifetime immunity" to it.

Why do you want no one to use vaccines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I'm guessing she did, but since vaccines don't ever cause problems, the doctor told her that vaccines are safe, her child is fine -- because no one ever has any reaction to vaccines, it never happens -- and just sent her home. No medical care necessary.
Or perhaps she never saw a doctor or her child did not have any serious adverse effects from the vaccines.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
So now this is getting very personal with me. My 2 year old Grandson has been diagnosed with epilespy. His doctor wants to genetically test both his parents. Clutching at straws. My daughter is giving me the third degree. Does anyone have this on your side of the family? As the oldest (almost 70) on both sides of my family of only 4 cousins, I can say no, flat out. She asked me if she or her sister had any reaction to their MMR vaccination. No, but quite frankly, I cannot remember if either of you had the full series of these shots being given today. Certainly, you and your sister in your 30's were not given the number of vaccinations given today. Besides which, you have no BROTHERS.

In my "unprofessional" experience of working with special needs kids, MALES are far more affected than females. Discount that Suzy? Quote me statistics to say it is not so. Also, given his lack of language, hitting, biting, no compassion for others, in my again unprofessional experience from working with these kids only a year or two older than he, is that he is probably on the autism spectrum as well.

Both my daughter, and SIL Science Teacher, are blaming all of this on his vaccinations (MMR). Poor, poor, little boy. I have seen far too many of these little boys in my working experience, but that does not matter. Only medical professionals experiences matter.

To quote my very "pro medicine" husband to my daughter and SIL, "Be very careful what you give to your SONS."

Edit: I have never told my daughter to not vaccinate her children. That is HER choice for her own children. She has for her sons, but does not for herself, nor demand others around her and her's be vaccinated. She is now questioning her previous views, Suzy and Katarina, and it has nothing to do with MY views. I will only give her my views if she asks, which she is only now doing.
Yet you come here on CD and advance your opinions to try and convince others not to vaccinate? Why?

MALES are more affected by what? Epilepsy? The difference in prevalence between men and women is small.

https://www.epilepsy.com/learn/about...-gets-epilepsy

"More men than women have epilepsy overall by a small amount."

Your daughter and SIL may blame your child's epilepsy on vaccines, but what evidence do they have that vaccines are the cause?

https://www.medicaldaily.com/vaccine...hildren-303972

Old 07-05-2018, 06:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Katarina, you have to PAY to have your medical records transferred from one doctor to an other when you leave their practice. My husband had to pay $200 to have his records of his Cardiologist in Florida sent to his new one in PA. This was only a year ago.

Doesn't happen with children?
We never charged anyone. I've heard of a 25c per page copying charge, stuff like that, but never $200.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Katarina, you have to PAY to have your medical records transferred from one doctor to an other when you leave their practice. My husband had to pay $200 to have his records of his Cardiologist in Florida sent to his new one in PA. This was only a year ago.

Doesn't happen with children?
Most practices will transfer records directly to another physician at no charge.

If a patient wants a copy, there may be a per page fee to cover the cost.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:50 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,110,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

80% of kids who died from flu this past winter were UN-vaccinated for it.
Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She was referring to the stat on the number of pediatric flu deaths that are children who were not vaccinated against flu. Your statement that about 80% are unvaccinated is true.
Her statement was that “80% of kids who died from flu this past winter were UN-vaccinated for it.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Yes, I know that. She's moving the goalposts. There is actually quite a bit of information on the pediatric flu deaths, e.g. how many had a pre-existing condition. It's not necessary to look at every kid's record b/c someone already did.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/news/flu-death-children.htm
Is that the source for your statement? Because that is a study regarding previous years. There is no data from 2017-2018 in that study.

Old 07-15-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Source?

Her statement was that “80% of kids who died from flu this past winter were UN-vaccinated for it.”

Is that the source for your statement? Because that is a study regarding previous years. There is no data from 2017-2018 in that study.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/r...ren-deaths.htm

Data this season is similar to what has been previously reported, including in a recent CDC study published in the journal Pediatrics showing that half of flu-related deaths in children from 2010 to 2016 occurred in otherwise healthy children, only 22% of whom were fully vaccinated.

The vaccination rate in 2017-2018 was similar to that reported in the article cited: only about 22% were vaccinated. That leaves 78% unvaccinated.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:17 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,234,079 times
Quote:
Skeptical raptor? Really?? bottom of the barrel.

You can spin it any way you want: Bottom line: Vaccine manufacturers cannot be sued. Surely you realize this? Or is the denial that strong?

Again: explain herd immunity. You can't. It's smoke and mirrors masquerading as science. It NEVER takes into account the fact that vaccines were introduced on a mainstream level just when hygiene, public health/water/food practices and antibiotics became the norm.

Oh and that polio vaccine you were talking about? Why don't you explain how the criteria for diagnosis changed AFTER the vaccine was rolled out. Immediately diagnoses dropped. Because the criteria made it more difficult to claim a person had polio > fewer cases.

But yes, please explain herd immunity.
Herd immunity is a well understood and well researched aspect of the "science" surrounding vaccination for disease.

It is well understood by anyone who understands how vaccination works...

It is quite clear from this and countless similar threads related to vaccinations to which you have "contributed" that you don't have a clue regarding how vaccination works...

Since YOU are the only one questioning the veracity of "herd immunity" it is incumbent on YOU to provide evidence to the contrary..

Oh and that Polio nonsense you are spreading? I've seen that before on wackadoodle anti-vax sites and ONLY on those sites....why is that? Because it's unscientific hogwash is why, made up nonsense because that is really all the anti-vax crowd has after all to combat the science of immunization

Old 07-15-2018, 02:27 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:
No, no one cares about your "experience". That you do not get sick when you are exposed to a vaccine preventable disease means nothing. Not everyone catches flu when exposed to it. The question is why do you care about other people who do vaccinate and want to discourage them from doing so. As Dr. Sears infamously advised his patients' parents, if you are going to hide in the herd and leech off the protection provided by your neighbors, do not tell them you do not vaccinate, because if they follow your lead, there will be no herd for you to hide in.

One, I am giving my experience in working in PUBLIC SCHOOLS and Religious Exemptions. That is irrelevant? LEGAL Religious Exemptions. You live Georiga. I lived in Florida. I am giving you what the law in Florida is, as much as you would like California law to be the law in the entire US. YOU have no experience working in public schools and what parents will do.

I believe in CHOICE. Give your kids 1,000 vaccines if you wish, BUT allow the choice of others to not be mandated to have even ONE.

Me? Hiding in the "Vaccinated Herd"? ROFL I am not 30 years old. My generation, and YOUR's, had all those diseases and now have unvaccinated, lifetime immunity. The "herd" is not protecting me, or my generation, from catching Measles etc, AGAIN. I am sure you have gone out and gotten every vaccine for every childhood disease you had. Feed the "Masters".
Your understanding of immunity is flawed. Immunity is not guarantee for life if you were sick from an illness.
Immunology is a complicated field, immunity varies from pathogen to pathogen and even individual to individual. Likewise not all vaccines are universally wonderful, thought anyone who denies the miracle of vaccination is a fool. Like most issues this is a discussion of degree, which people try to boil down to absolutes.

That being said, children who cannot get immunized should not. Others should get immunized. And yes, for the majority of vaccines, I believe children should have them before being allowed in public school.

Old 07-15-2018, 02:30 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,744,701 times
Quote:

But yes, please explain herd immunity.
Ok, viral pathogens need a host in which to replicate and spread from. When most animals in a herd are vaccinated against an illness, say cow pox, the virus has no host in which to replicate and spread from since the existing members of herd already have the antibodies to cow pox. This means when a new cow or calf is introduced, it has a lower chance of contracting the disease as their is no reservoir for the disease in the herd which would expose and pass on the virus to the new comer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies