Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 02:04 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,987,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The problem was frivolous lawsuits that would not stand up in court but cost a lot of money to defend.

We now have a way to compensate people who, through an anomaly in their own physiology, have adverse reactions to some vaccines. That is not the fault of the vaccine an d the maker should not pay for it.

Awards come from a tax on each dose of vaccine. If you do not vaccinate you do not pay a penny into that fund.

Anyone who disagrees with a decision by the vaccine court can still sue the manufacturer.

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skep...s-nvicp-facts/

"Other than the national security example mentioned above for certain vaccines like smallpox, this particular myth is untrue – vaccine manufacturers are not immune to lawsuits. Yes, for almost all of these lawsuits, the first step must be the NVICP, but that is not the whole story.

For example, there are ways to sue manufacturers like showing evidence that the pharmaceutical company engaged in fraud, produced a product that had a manufacturing defect, or were negligent. Each of these is difficult to prove, but if there were genuine evidence of any of those issues, then the manufacturer can be sued."

"In addition, if a claim is denied by the Special Masters in the vaccine court, the case can be appealed, and if that fails the plaintiff can take it to civil court. However, if a case is denied in the NVICP, where it is demonstrably easier to prevail, it is unlikely that an attorney will want to pursue it in civil court."

Nope. You have to provide scientific evidence that herd immunity does not exist. The facts that smallpox has been eradicated worldwide, polio is nearing eradication, and measles has been eliminated in many countries - all by vaccination - show that herd immunity exists.

No one alleges it exists for "all diseases". There is no herd immunity for tetanus, for example.

That is totally illogical. Vaccines are based on science. How they are used is influenced by politics.
Skeptical raptor? Really?? bottom of the barrel.

You can spin it any way you want: Bottom line: Vaccine manufacturers cannot be sued. Surely you realize this? Or is the denial that strong?

Again: explain herd immunity. You can't. It's smoke and mirrors masquerading as science. It NEVER takes into account the fact that vaccines were introduced on a mainstream level just when hygiene, public health/water/food practices and antibiotics became the norm.

Oh and that polio vaccine you were talking about? Why don't you explain how the criteria for diagnosis changed AFTER the vaccine was rolled out. Immediately diagnoses dropped. Because the criteria made it more difficult to claim a person had polio > fewer cases.

But yes, please explain herd immunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 02:06 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,998,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My husband had the flu and pneumonia last June despite being fully vaccinated. "They don't always work", to quote his doctor.

Believe in them, get them, if you wish, but leave the rest of us alone. I haven't had the flu in decades, or pneumonia ever, despite not being vaccinated, and being around a lot of people with them.

Marketing 101. Fear SELLS.
You didn't answer my questions.

80% of kids who died from flu this past winter were UN-vaccinated for it.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:17 PM

21,380 posts, read 7,987,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post

You'd have to see the medical record of each child to answer that question. Unless you have that information any conclusion is useless.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:29 PM

37,230 posts, read 41,428,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

You can spin it any way you want: Bottom line: Vaccine manufacturers cannot be sued. Surely you realize this? Or is the denial that strong?

Again: explain herd immunity. You can't. It's smoke and mirrors masquerading as science. It NEVER takes into account the fact that vaccines were introduced on a mainstream level just when hygiene, public health/water/food practices and antibiotics became the norm.

Oh and that polio vaccine you were talking about? Why don't you explain how the criteria for diagnosis changed AFTER the vaccine was rolled out. Immediately diagnoses dropped. Because the criteria made it more difficult to claim a person had polio > fewer cases.

I just showed you that vaccine makers can get sued. Perhaps you should read the Skeptical Raptor article.

The statement that "Vaccine manufacturers cannot be sued" is false.

No, dear heart. You made the allegation that herd immunity does not exist. Provide evidence for that statement. Vaccines work wherever they are used, even in communities with very poor sanitation, so that dog won't hunt.

The diagnosis of polio is based on finding the polio virus in people infected with it, so that dog won't hunt, either.

Quote:
You'd have to see the medical record of each child to answer that question. Unless you have that information any conclusion is useless.
Pediatric flu deaths must be reported, so their medical histories are known.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/spotlights/r...ren-deaths.htm

"Data this season is similar to what has been previously reported, including in a recent CDC study published in the journal Pediatrics showing that half of flu-related deaths in children from 2010 to 2016 occurred in otherwise healthy children, only 22% of whom were fully vaccinated."

In addition:

"While flu vaccine can vary in how well it works each season, a CDC study published in Pediatrics in 2017 showed that flu vaccination can be life-saving for children. The study, which looked at data from four flu seasons between 2010 and 2014, found that flu vaccination reduced the risk of flu-associated death by half (51 percent) among children with underlying high-risk medical conditions and by nearly two-thirds (65 percent) among otherwise healthy children."

Old 07-02-2018, 03:17 PM

10,262 posts, read 6,358,518 times
Quote:

My Grandson, not school age yet, gets his flu shot every year. He still gets the flu. So who is he catching it from? Probably from his unvaccinated parents and aunties? Flu shots only work when everyone else (children) gets them, no matter if only 30% effective? Right?

BTW, my daughter has said to me on a number of occasions that they are all not quite over the flu. Should they still visit us? I don't get vaccinated. Sure, come over. I just don't catch the flu any longer. This is over decades having family members with the flu, and holding school children in my arms sneezing and coughing in my face in my Senior years. Must be unvaccinated me giving all these other people the flu over these decades. Yeah, right

Last edited by Jo48; 07-02-2018 at 03:32 PM..

Old 07-02-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
No. My questions were "Did I say you should be fired for opting out? (of Hep B vaccine) If not, why are you bringing that up?" and "Did your husband decline the Hep B vaccine? If so, what happened? Who said anything about strapping him in the bed and vaccinating him?"

Don't need any medical records for that.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:51 PM

37,230 posts, read 41,428,904 times
Quote:
No. My questions were "Did I say you should be fired for opting out? (of Hep B vaccine) If not, why are you bringing that up?" and "Did your husband decline the Hep B vaccine? If so, what happened? Who said anything about strapping him in the bed and vaccinating him?"

Don't need any medical records for that.
She was referring to the stat on the number of pediatric flu deaths that are children who were not vaccinated against flu. Your statement that about 80% are unvaccinated is true.

Old 07-02-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:

Vaccine manufacturers can be sued. Don't like SR? Here's the NVICP site itself:
https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html
"The special master's decision may be appealed and petitioners who reject the decision of the court (or withdraw their petitions within certain timelines) may file a claim in civil court against the vaccine company and/or the health care provider who administered the vaccine."

Here's a graphic of an explanation of herd immunity.
This GIF Only Takes 6 Seconds To Show How Herd Immunity Works | IFLScience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
My Grandson, not school age yet, gets his flu shot every year. He still gets the flu. So who is he catching it from? Probably from his unvaccinated parents and aunties? Flu shots only work when everyone else (children) gets them, no matter if only 30% effective? Right?

BTW, my daughter has said to me on a number of occasions that they are all not quite over the flu. Should they still visit us? I don't get vaccinated. Sure, come over. I just don't catch the flu any longer. This is over decades having family members with the flu, and holding school children in my arms sneezing and coughing in my face in my Senior years. Must be unvaccinated me giving all these other people the flu over these decades. Yeah, right
Flu shots protect the person who gets them. This year's vaccine was more like 50% effective in kids, meaning vaccinated kids were half as likely to the flu as unvaccinated kids. Remember 80% of kids who DIED were not vaccinated.

We know you have a real high-powered immune system. Have a little empathy for the rest of us.

Old 07-02-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She was referring to the stat on the number of pediatric flu deaths that are children who were not vaccinated against flu. Your statement that about 80% are unvaccinated is true.
Yes, I know that. She's moving the goalposts. There is actually quite a bit of information on the pediatric flu deaths, e.g. how many had a pre-existing condition. It's not necessary to look at every kid's record b/c someone already did.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/news/flu-death-children.htm

I would like for Jo to answer the questions I asked her.

Old 07-02-2018, 06:18 PM

10,262 posts, read 6,358,518 times
Quote:
Yes, I know that. She's moving the goalposts. There is actually quite a bit of information on the pediatric flu deaths, e.g. how many had a pre-existing condition. It's not necessary to look at every kid's record b/c someone already did.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/news/flu-death-children.htm

I would like for Jo to answer the questions I asked her.
Excuse me, but are you trying to insinuate that the reason that my Grandson has not DIED from catching the flu is because he was vaccinated???? Then tell me why when he caught the flu when his little brother was a Newborn, who COULDN'T be vaccinated, he did not give it to his brother, and KILL HIM? Must be he inherited my "superhuman genes", or maybe the fact that his Mom, despite being sick herself, was breastfeeding him? That has nothing to do with it, right?

The only way for vaccines to work is if everyone is vaccinated!!!! Same for those of us who had measles, mumps, etc., in childhood? Ever consider it might be the same for the flu as well? The flu strains can mutate an infinite number of times to not be at all recognizable to the body's immune system? I believe science is trying to work out that question right now to develop a bigger and better flu shot! Not "superhuman" but maybe a better "memory" of past infections? Of course, one would have to get SICK first and we can't have humans getting sick at all!

BTW, when you quoted that 400-500 measles deaths before the vaccines you failed to mention that was out of 4 to 5 MILLION measles infections. Put that in terms of percentages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies