Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2018, 12:59 PM

21,380 posts, read 8,004,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What are you on about, exactly?

Physicians are being taught to guilt trip people into getting vaccines.

Not very scientific, is it.

Kinda like peer pressure. Here take this drug. Everyone's doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't it funny that California has its knickers in a twist over vaccines yet allows in millions of illegals who aren't screened for diseases and have never been vaccinated?
I find that rather interesting as well.

Its why vaccines are not based on science. They are based on politics. Otherwise the drugs would have the same exact schedule all across the US. But they don't.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:16 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,938,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Physicians are being taught to guilt trip people into getting vaccines.

Not very scientific, is it.

Kinda like peer pressure. Here take this drug. Everyone's doing it.
What does this have to do with herd immunity?

Old 07-02-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What does this have to do with herd immunity?
Nothing. It's a comment on how the medical industry is not using science as an explanation.

It's using emotion.

That whole: Facts not feelings. Science should be based on facts. It is starting to move away from fact and is becoming based in politics and emotion. And peer pressure and guilt.

Herd immunity is a separate issue.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:41 PM

10,277 posts, read 6,376,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Most of the above statements are untrue.

Vaccine schedules are fact-based. They are based on what age a vaccine can be given and get an immune response, what diseases are prevalent in an area, and similar factors.

The CDC has a recommended schedule for states to adopt. I know of no state that does not use this schedule. Anyone who has any information to the contrary, please post. I am not talking about school mandates, which are different (in some cases) from the recommended schedule.

Most countries have schedules similar to that of the US. Some countries, e.g. Austria, Czech Republic, Ireland, Italy and the UK give Meningitis B vaccine to infants; Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain and the UK give Meningitis C vaccine to infants. The US does not give Men C at all, nor Men B until the teen years, and then only for kids at special risk. Austria, Czech Republic and Latvia give Tick-borne encephalitis vaccine to kids 12-23 mo, and Finland and Slovenia give it to ages 3+ at special risk. The US does not use this vaccine. Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania and Slovenia give BCG (tuberculosis) vaccine to infants at birth; Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Greece, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Portugal and the UK give BCG at birth to high-risk groups; Norway gives BCG at 6 weeks of age to special groups and Sweden gives it to special groups at 6 months. The US has never used BCG vaccine.

And this is just in the EU.

All provinces in Canada give Meningitis C to infants (some provinces at 12 months), as does Australia (12 months).
https://vaccine-schedule.ecdc.europa...IdByDisease=-1
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...-children.html

And that's not even looking at schedules in Central/South America, Africa or Asia.

There are no vaccines used in the US that are "banned" anywhere that I know of. If anyone has some information to the contrary, I'd like to see it.

Adults who don't work in health care or do not plan to travel for long periods to countries with endemic Hep B do not need to get the Hep B vaccine. Rotavirus is not approved for people over 8 months of age. By age 5, virtually everyone who was born pre-vaccine has had the disease.

You are free to get all the diseases for which you are neither vaccinated for nor have immunity from illness. Are you saying you never got polio vaccine? You're pretty dangerous in that case should you come into contact with someone recently vaccinated with OPV (not used in the US any more).
I worked with MR/DD adults, and also in Public Schools. "Medical Professionals"? We were OFFERED Hep. B vaccinations, but were free to Opt Out, and not at the risk of our jobs. Think we should have been fired for opting out?

Hospitalizations? My husband was again "offered" a Hep. B Vax after his heart attack at 65 in the hospital. Adults cannot decline that? Strap him in his hospital bed and vaccinate him?

Yet, we have Newborns being given that before they leave the hospital. "Herd Immunity"? Consequences for parents of children, but adults most never had, certainly can, and do have the right to decline these vaccines being given to children.

My point in this post is that there is no such thing as 90% vaccinated Herd Immunity when you are only mandating/counting 25% (children) of the population. As this article states, do the MATH. You cannot see the Forest for the Trees. "Herd Immunity" is a Big Pharm Myth.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:44 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,900,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/herd-i...k_2571740.html

Think about this. Apart from the fact that it is impossible to even know how many adults have been vaccinated for what according to the now childhood immunization schedule, how in the world would you ever enforce it?

Mandating 100% compliance among 25% of the population, will not achieve 90% Herd Immunity among the entire population. Probably Whooping Cough is the best example. Hep B is another. Rotovirus which all babies must get???? What is the percentage of those over 18 who have faithfully gotten their Tetanus/Diphtheria vaccinations every 10 years? How many have gotten the new TDAP? Forget Herd Immunity when it comes to Flu and Pneumonia vaccinations.

You have been sold a false sense of false security with "Herd Immunity". My last vaccination was in 1952. Come get me.
Pneumonia just might.

Last edited by jojajn; 07-02-2018 at 01:52 PM..

Old 07-02-2018, 01:45 PM

37,284 posts, read 41,523,659 times
Quote:
Vaccine manufacturers spend ZERO DOLLARS defending lawsuits.

They cut a deal with the govt to tax each vaccine. Each time a vaccine is used, part of the cost to the consumer is tax. That tax money gets put into a fund that then pass out any lawsuits. Billions of dollars has been paid out.

If their product is so safe, why are they AFRAID of lawsuits? The product should stand up in court and discovery with no issues.

Stop lying about how they pay lawsuits. They don't. You cannot sue a vaccine manufacturer. They do not lose ANY money from lawsuits. None. Not one penny.

Name another product that has immunity from liability.
The problem was frivolous lawsuits that would not stand up in court but cost a lot of money to defend.

We now have a way to compensate people who, through an anomaly in their own physiology, have adverse reactions to some vaccines. That is not the fault of the vaccine an d the maker should not pay for it.

Awards come from a tax on each dose of vaccine. If you do not vaccinate you do not pay a penny into that fund.

Anyone who disagrees with a decision by the vaccine court can still sue the manufacturer.

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skep...s-nvicp-facts/

"Other than the national security example mentioned above for certain vaccines like smallpox, this particular myth is untrue – vaccine manufacturers are not immune to lawsuits. Yes, for almost all of these lawsuits, the first step must be the NVICP, but that is not the whole story.

For example, there are ways to sue manufacturers like showing evidence that the pharmaceutical company engaged in fraud, produced a product that had a manufacturing defect, or were negligent. Each of these is difficult to prove, but if there were genuine evidence of any of those issues, then the manufacturer can be sued."

"In addition, if a claim is denied by the Special Masters in the vaccine court, the case can be appealed, and if that fails the plaintiff can take it to civil court. However, if a case is denied in the NVICP, where it is demonstrably easier to prevail, it is unlikely that an attorney will want to pursue it in civil court."

Quote:
Explain herd immunity and why it is a valid protection against all disease.
Nope. You have to provide scientific evidence that herd immunity does not exist. The facts that smallpox has been eradicated worldwide, polio is nearing eradication, and measles has been eliminated in many countries - all by vaccination - show that herd immunity exists.

No one alleges it exists for "all diseases". There is no herd immunity for tetanus, for example.

Quote:
I find that rather interesting as well.

Its why vaccines are not based on science. They are based on politics. Otherwise the drugs would have the same exact schedule all across the US. But they don't.
That is totally illogical. Vaccines are based on science. How they are used is influenced by politics.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:48 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,938,747 times
Quote:
Nothing. It's a comment on how the medical industry is not using science as an explanation.

It's using emotion.

That whole: Facts not feelings. Science should be based on facts. It is starting to move away from fact and is becoming based in politics and emotion. And peer pressure and guilt.

Herd immunity is a separate issue.
We were talking about herd immunity. Remember this post of yours?

Quote:
Herd immunity is not a scientific principle, no matter how often you write it, no matter how many times you repeat it.

It's junk science. 100% junk.

Know why> "It is sad, however, that you care so little for family, friends, and community that you refuse to contribute to protecting it."

That statement has NO scientific evidence to support it. None. It's an emotional plea, no more no less. Not science. A guilt trip, trying to convince someone to do something ... using guilt. Not science.
Herd immunity is certainly scientific and backed up by research. Where do you get the idea that it is not?

Old 07-02-2018, 01:52 PM

90,296 posts, read 121,098,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I worked with MR/DD adults, and also in Public Schools. "Medical Professionals"? We were OFFERED Hep. B vaccinations, but were free to Opt Out, and not at the risk of our jobs. Think we should have been fired for opting out?

Hospitalizations? My husband was again "offered" a Hep. B Vax after his heart attack at 65 in the hospital. Adults cannot decline that? Strap in his hospital bed and vaccinate him?

Yet, we have Newborns being given that before they leave the hospital. "Herd Immunity"? Consequences for parents of children, but adults most never had, certainly can, and do have the right to decline these vaccines being given to children.

My point in this post is that there is no such thing as 90% vaccinated Herd Immunity when you are only mandating/counting 25% (children) of the population. As this article states, do the MATH. You cannot see the Forest for the Trees. "Herd Immunity" is a Big Pharm Myth.
So you worked in a health room, no, and were offered Hep B. Did I say you should be fired for opting out? If not, why are you bringing that up?

Did your husband decline the Hep B vaccine? If so, what happened? Who said anything about strapping him in the bed and vaccinating him?

90% of infants who contract Hepatitis B disease go on to be chronically infected, which can progress to liver cancer and/or cirrhosis of the liver. I'm seeing the forest real well, hun. And the parents can (foolishly) decline the vaccine if they so (again foolishly) choose. It is untrue that the only way to get Hep B is from sex and needle sharing. Simply living in the same house with someone with active Hep B is a risk factor. That can change overnight if someone new moves into the home, e.g. mom or dad gets a new partner, etc. I'm fine at math.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:00 PM

10,277 posts, read 6,376,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Pneumonia just might.
My husband had the flu and pneumonia last June despite being fully vaccinated. "They don't always work", to quote his doctor.

Believe in them, get them, if you wish, but leave the rest of us alone. I haven't had the flu in decades, or pneumonia ever, despite not being vaccinated, and being around a lot of people with them.

Marketing 101. Fear SELLS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies