Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 11:59 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,380,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Not all of us. I've argued to legalize pot so farmers wouldn't need subsidies as they'd have a cash crop to make up for when they have a failure and other stances that do not take public monies to give to private enterprise. Especially with bailing out banks and car companies.
I can understand the logic behind it. But it doesn't make it right.
Well legalized pot would be a libertarian principle because a law on its regulation does not need a victim. A libertarian principle is that the state cannot have a case unless it can produce a citizen making the complaint.

Quote:
If a bank wrote bad mortgages and willingly put themselves in the position they were in well that's their fault for writing loans to people they knew couldn't pay for them.
Tough to say who was manipulating whom. It has been claimed that da gubement forced sub prime loans for minorities. However that makes a fine excuse to make those loans with da guberment guarantees. So its hard to really suggest anything other than bankers and da guberment working in tandem.

Quote:
Their responsibility to forclose and sit on properties paying the SALT taxes on those houses. Their responsibility to turn that liability into an asset. Or liquidate it at a loss and learn not to write junk loans. Instead. Oh that's okay... you made a booboo... here... let's give you tax money to help you out you're too big to fail.
If we want to increase "liquidity" then tax cuts or directly funding FICA to create a deficit is a lot cheaper than bankers collecting mortgage interest and driving up real estate prices. Public money is interest free.

Now I have no trouble with loans not secured by real estate ground rents which is even better than deficits. However cash flows from bank credit to make loans for raw real estate is complete crap. Real estate is a da guberment created monopoly as it is , thus it is a horrible idea to see it absorb credit because no amount of money will ever make more of it. . It does not produce capital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2018, 01:31 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,503,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Well legalized pot would be a libertarian principle because a law on its regulation does not need a victim. A libertarian principle is that the state cannot have a case unless it can produce a citizen making the complaint.
Beings we aren't a libertarian society, the idea of legalizing is for economic gain and truthfully, another source of tax revenue. However, where da guberment gets it wrong, is they use that tax money for BS causes.
This country could have a surplus if partisan and emotional BS was put aside.
Cut the social safety nets. Or at least cut back and only pay a smaller portion out to leave the individual to work a part time or minimum wage job. Workfare instead of welfare.

Quote:
Tough to say who was manipulating whom. It has been claimed that da gubement forced sub prime loans for minorities. However that makes a fine excuse to make those loans with da guberment guarantees. So its hard to really suggest anything other than bankers and da guberment working in tandem.
Not just minorities... I know people I went to college with that were told they qualified for up to 325k worth of house debt on a 40 year fixed rate with a combined income of wait for it... 70-90k
Guess what cost wasn't factored in?
LOL taxes! Living expenses.
Guess who lost their houses? Idiots that fell hook line and sinker. Same with college debts. They weren't minorities either...
Just because the bank says you can doesn't mean it is necessarily so.
That's just being daft.

Quote:
If we want to increase "liquidity" then tax cuts or directly funding FICA to create a deficit is a lot cheaper than bankers collecting mortgage interest and driving up real estate prices. Public money is interest free.

Now I have no trouble with loans not secured by real estate ground rents which is even better than deficits. However cash flows from bank credit to make loans for raw real estate is complete crap. Real estate is a da guberment created monopoly as it is , thus it is a horrible idea to see it absorb credit because no amount of money will ever make more of it. . It does not produce capital.
Which is why I didn't go to a bank when I bought my first house when I lived in NY.
15k down in cash. Agreed to 700 per month and property and school tax was my responsibility with strict terms that if I defaulted after 3 be it consecutive or total I have 2 weeks to be gone. Any damages or projects started but not finished I was financially responsible for. Sellers fell hook line and sinker for it. For all they knew was I was a college aged punk that claimed to be handy with a level saw and pencil. They would make more in "interest" collected from me directly than they would a 1 time cut check from a bank on my behalf. For a term of 15 years.

That one bit them square in the ass. I had that house paid for in full and renovated in 5 years.
No loans no banks.

Granted it was an 1,100 sqft lake side bungalow for an agreed purchase price of 50k with 15k cash down payment.
Some months I paid as much as 3k and killed the principle and interest. But I didn't have a bank to deal with who could sell the debt for profit or mess my credit up.
When I sold. The assessed value was 315k
LOL hell no I sold it for 65k I wasn't paying NY tax on 250-300k I sold it to a local not a cityiot either. I took 65k in a check.

Anyways...
I have been making friends with Bank asset managers...
Wait for another crash and scoop up the properties and do the exact same thing I did in NY with my house. Oh... that artificial value is 180k you say? Hold my beer because I bought it for 60-90k and I'm going to sell it for 80-110k
That's how you stop that real quick. Oh but Muh property valuez!

Pfft. It's artificial, it isn't real... A home value truly only goes up if the following.
Demand exceeds inventory.
Massive remodeling/renovations.
The idea that your home you bought and paid for simply goes up in value because the sky is blue is justification to pay higher taxes...

I would do that in a heart beat. I'd buy 30-40 houses that were defaulted on for between 20-90k tops and address any structural integrity issues, damages, or maintenance things, requiring labor therfore I pay and stimulate the local level economy. Then. Blast everyone's home values down significantly and I list the houses for less than "market value" or town assessed value everyone wins.

Say I buy a place that's been defaulted on for 35 40k
It needs 5k in drywall and some minor electrical code violation things brought up to code. Everything else is sound. I'd put a in ground swimming pool in. I have the equipment to do that. My cost... eh. 20k after permits pumps filters solar heater and paying my guys labor...
Rip up the concrete driveway and put a paver drive way in. 2 reasons.
1. Not a permanent fixture/structure. Less tax revenue.
2. Looks better.
I'm sitting on a total investment of say 100k I'm only going to sell it for 120k tops. Yet the town says hey. That property is worth 220k+
LOL no. No its not. Just because you say so doesn't mean so.

I'd even make the same contract as I had with the people I bought from too. I count on them defaulting. I can sell that property 2-3 times before someone can truly afford it actually buys it. Who comes out ahead? Me of course, but even if they default, no record of it on their credit report.

I'd do that in a heart beat. Town would hate me. Neighbors would hate me. I'm trying to get 225k for my house and it's not fair you sold the one across the street for half and the one next door to me for a third!
LOL ohwell... not my problem. Looks like you better uh... put something in that house to make it worth 225k oh you can't because you took a mortgage and planned poorly thinking your house is a net investment? And you could sell it at an artificial price to buy your bondage out from a banks debt for more than what you owe? LOL oops. Didn't see this happening did ya?

Old 07-14-2018, 09:02 AM

1,031 posts, read 640,001 times
Libertarian MVP Gary Johnson explains how private prisons are a good thing

wait a minute I thought Libertarians wanted to end the drug war

sounds like quite the conflict of interests...
maybe a conundrum

https://youtu.be/oqE1BHgCZRQ

Old 07-14-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
Libertarian MVP Gary Johnson explains how private prisons are a good thing

wait a minute I thought Libertarians wanted to end the drug war

sounds like quite the conflict of interests...
maybe a conundrum

https://youtu.be/oqE1BHgCZRQ

Lots of Libertarians didn't vote for Gary Johnson because he was a moron who wasn't a Libertarian.

Sure, some special special interest, sucking on a government nipple is going to love to sell it a libertarian get the government out of it scam .

You make men laugh. Taxing, spending and mercenary armies and prisons is not Libertarian. Lots of people run as Republicans on "good for business" and Democrats run to "help the poor". They lie.

Old 07-14-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

I'd do that in a heart beat. Town would hate me. Neighbors would hate me. I'm trying to get 225k for my house and it's not fair you sold the one across the street for half and the one next door to me for a third!
LOL ohwell... not my problem. Looks like you better uh... put something in that house to make it worth 225k oh you can't because you took a mortgage and planned poorly thinking your house is a net investment? And you could sell it at an artificial price to buy your bondage out from a banks debt for more than what you owe? LOL oops. Didn't see this happening did ya?

There is almost nothing the average person understands about economics. Even worse is because they conduct their own finances, they have the illusion of thinking they understand it. However if there was one thing they could do , understanding real estate would be it. Being able to sit down and read a paragraph should be all it should take. Everyone in the 19th century explained it clearly. Real estate income comes from monopoly and capital , two very different things. Pouring credit into real estate capital does not cause a problem because it adds to the supply. However in a place like San Fransisco , its over space. No matter how much money you poor into it, no new supply will be added. That is the difference between a ground rent and the capital expense of a building.

Hopefully you will not understand it either because if you do you will try and explain it, and 99 out of 100 times it will just blow right past them. Why go through it? About the only think I got out of it is understanding the power of brain washing. Perhaps the few who do understand it should just exploit the idiots out of their money. Perhaps that the best way. Let the clever people rape the idiots.

Old 07-16-2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Lots of Libertarians didn't vote for Gary Johnson because he was a moron who wasn't a Libertarian.

Sure, some special special interest, sucking on a government nipple is going to love to sell it a libertarian get the government out of it scam .

You make men laugh. Taxing, spending and mercenary armies and prisons is not Libertarian. Lots of people run as Republicans on "good for business" and Democrats run to "help the poor". They lie.

OMG LOL

Gary Johnson=LIBERTARIAN
LIBERTARIAN=PRIVITAZITION
PRIVITAZITION =MERCENARY ARMY AND CORPORATE PRISONS

Small government=big unregulated corporations

LIBERTARIAN 101

Wiki=
Gary Earl Johnson (born January 1, 1953) is an American businessman, author and politician who served as the 29th Governor of New Mexico from 1995 to 2003 as a member of the Republican Party. He was the Libertarian Party nominee for President of the United States in the 2012 and 2016 elections.[1]

Old 07-26-2018, 12:02 PM

So Mr MERCENARY Eric prince is a LIBERTARIAN after all.

Makes sense libertarians love privitazition, Erik Prince is advocating for privitazition of military services.

Wikipedia:
Prince describes himself as a libertarian.[28] He has said, "I'm a very free market guy. I'm not a huge believer that government provides a whole lot of solutions. Some think that government can solve society's problems. I tend to think private charities and private organizations are better solutions"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Prince

Last edited by Boer; 07-26-2018 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-26-2018, 12:11 PM

435 posts, read 176,434 times
Quote:
So Mr MERCENARY Eric prince is a LIBERTARIAN after all.

Makes sense libertarians love privitazition, Erik Prince is advocating for privitazition of military services.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik_Prince
You realize that Libertarians have varied opinions and ideas don't you? The nomination of Gary Johnson and Bill Weld should have made that obvious to anyone

Old 07-27-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
You realize that Libertarians have varied opinions and ideas don't you? The nomination of Gary Johnson and Bill Weld should have made that obvious to anyone
Well they certainly don't very at all when it comes to the theory behind privatizing government services...

100% of Libertarians seem to agree.... in fact their core mission statement seems to be privatization privatization privatization

Old 07-27-2018, 09:47 AM

13,977 posts, read 5,636,539 times
Quote:
Well they certainly don't very at all when it comes to the theory behind privatizing government services...

100% of Libertarians seem to agree.... in fact their core mission statement seems to be privatization privatization privatization
Generally, yes - most libertarians would agree to less government doing less things. How much less is a key part of defining the various subgroups inside the libertarian tent.

You are hung up on the necessity of tyranny to make certain things function correctly. Not sre how one comes to this conclusion, but whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies