Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 08:59 AM

10,448 posts, read 4,034,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
No, in other words most of these things are nothing to do with Government.

It also should be noted that we can collect rainwater in the UK.

Is Collecting Rainwater Illegal In The UK? Everything You Need To know
This collecting of rainwater is not everywhere, Just in some parts of the country. Oregon is most notable. Some guy had a farm and would collect the rain water and have it go through filters to water his plants and livestock. Somewhere down the line, county officials declared that water coming from the sky belongs to the government, so anyone collecting it without a permit or license is stealing. They used this guy as an example. Fined him, and ordered his home made designed filters to be destroyed. I see it as the rulers of this country are threatened with intelligence, so they will punish those who use that intelligence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 09:03 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,159,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
To lay your hands on someone today, give them a massage, you need to spend $14k to go through massage school to do that! And anyone can learn massage from DVD's and books!
You mean when I massage a GF or get a massage, I had to have spent 14K? Wow.

Didn't know that.

Or do you mean when someone goes into business where their very touch can pass along unsanitary germs and viruses, where they can accidentally hurt someone and then walk? Where they perform a public activity that should be taxed? Is this a denial of your individual rights or protection of the public?

Who is charging 14K? Is this a government charge? Or is this some other citizen taking advantage of their rights to commerce? What's to stop you from getting the required training and charging ONLY $2K to new students?

Old 07-08-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That reminded me of something my dad would scream out while we were kids riding in the car with him.

"J**** C*****! They'll give anybody a license.
I grew up in WPB, Florida. You would be surprised by the number of people who are driving in that city that are driving illegally. No license, stolen tags, no insurance. And they are the most dangerous drivers, because if they cause a car crash, they just jump out and flee the scene, knowing the cops can't trace the car. They lay low, then steal another car, another license plate, and then keep on breaking the law.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:04 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
We are also FREE to comment, protest, vote, and try to change things for the better. If you want fascism, just accept every new reduction of your rights, and freedoms that just comes down the pike. You are free to leave too.
Not according to the OP poster! Check out his posts here.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
You mean when I massage a GF or get a massage, I had to have spent 14K? Wow.

Didn't know that.

Or do you mean when someone goes into business where their very touch can pass along unsanitary germs and viruses, where they can accidentally hurt someone and then walk? Where they perform a public activity that should be taxed? Is this a denial of your individual rights or protection of the public?

Who is charging 14K? Is this a government charge? Or is this some other citizen taking advantage of their rights to commerce? What's to stop you from getting the required training and charging ONLY $2K to new students?
I am not sure how things work with how schooling is priced here in the US, but, I have seen clinics and hospitals, as well as veterinarian offices employ doctors, techs and nurses that were trained in other countries. Almost all of my doctors and vets are from India, and nurses are from Haiti. I also noticed most nail salons that have massage therapy in them, are often operated by the Asian community.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:16 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
I dont think many people realize, its our DUTY as Americans to disobey laws and regulations like this!

This is tyranny, plain and simple. I cannot think of one aspect of daily life that Govt does not have their grubbby paws in to some degree, that is NOT the govt the framers of the nation sought.

Ive said it before...in the US today, real patriotism would look more domestic terrorism!

I saw proof of this recently with all the July 4th celebrations, it seems they equate patriotism with subservience and obedience. LOL

Old 07-08-2018, 09:17 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,159,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
1.) Build a house
2.) public locomotion
3.) fish or hunt your food
4.) get married
5.) collect rain water
6.) self medicate
7.) kill yourself

Now repeat after me... I am FREE.
Just another of BentBow's rants where he fashions himself as living as a lonely pioneer in the early 1800's in a vast and empty country. Where the things he chooses to do have NO effect on neighbors; where if he wanted he could build his own unsanitary water system spreading flies, mosquito's and cholera and no one can say anything because he did it on "his land."

Sorry dude, but your land butts up against my land and there are reasons that governments are created and pass rules to protect us from you.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I call BS on this. ONLY self-employed Ministers can opt out and only for their religious based income. Yes, cities, counties, etc. can opt out of SS with the right kind of approved plan.

https://www.daveramsey.com/blog/shou...ocial-security

It is rather easy, only if you are self employed and have all the control. Lifetime employees don't have the option. It is taken, without a say.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
No, in other words most of these things are nothing to do with Government.

It also should be noted that we can collect rainwater in the UK.

Is Collecting Rainwater Illegal In The UK? Everything You Need To know

Your first example, clearly outlined, you don't know what "government" is.
Even a HOA is government.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:33 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
1.) Build a house
2.) public locomotion
3.) fish or hunt your food
4.) get married
5.) collect rain water
6.) self medicate
7.) kill yourself

Now repeat after me... I am FREE.
You are the least free person I've ever run into. You are a prisoner of your own paranoia and that giant chip you carry around on your shoulders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies