Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 09:35 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is rather easy, only if you are self employed and have all the control. Lifetime employees don't have the option. It is taken, without a say.

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...#ixzz5Kg1ZKmhg

"The law is very specific about the requirements for exemption from the Social Security program, and most taxpayers do not qualify. But yes, exemptions do exist for a small number. Certain religious groups, students, U.S. citizens who decide to forfeit their national citizenship, employees of foreign governments and self-employed workers who make less than $400 annually are all examples of taxpayers who are not responsible for paying Social Security taxes. Of course, since they are exempt, they are also ineligible to receive any Social Security benefits."

Are you a NA who has renounced US Citizenship? Or are you a NA who never had citizenship? If this is the case then why are you always commenting (complaining really) on things that effect citizens and not you?

Or are you are pauper who makes less than $400 a year? Have your own religion?

When I was in business, that didn't mean I could skirt SS taxes, in fact I had to go out of the way to report and pay all the taxes myself. Are you hinting again that you are a tax cheat? If so, why should anyone take anything you say seriously when you don't pull your fair share of the weight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 09:42 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,168,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
[/b]

By what authority?

What possible public interest is served by LGBT people having to ask permission from the State in order to get married?

Again......if you didn't blindly accept that the government has the right to dictate your rights, you wouldn't have to beg for it to let you exercise those rights.
The same interest as straight people. When the marriage is dissolved, someone has to account for and be responsible for properties and children. Anarchy is not a good way to exist in a country and we have chosen NOT to take that path - thus state laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Just because the State need not grant permission for individuals to marry doesn't mean records can't be kept.

Anyone who wants to file a claim against another person needs to provide proof.

You don't need government to be the sole arbiters of that proof or of marriage.

A license is what you get when the government steals your rights and then sells them back to you.
Seems to me that the cost of this constant filing of claims against each other and the resulting crush on the courts is greatly reduced when paperwork is required up front. Why is this a bad thing?

Old 07-08-2018, 10:33 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,907,598 times
Quote:
It is rather easy, only if you are self employed and have all the control. Lifetime employees don't have the option. It is taken, without a say.
It is not easy....it is in fact illegal unless you are an ordained minister and have gotten a ruling from IRS.

Pray tell please share how you do this when all of my SE relatives are required to pay into SS at both the employer and employee combined rate. Curious minds want to know.

FYI, trump's new tax laws have made it even more difficult to avoid SE taxes.

The only way that makes sense is that your business is small potatoes and never turns a profit.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont think many people realize, its our DUTY as Americans to disobey laws and regulations like this!

This is tyranny, plain and simple. I cannot think of one aspect of daily life that Govt does not have their grubbby paws in to some degree, that is NOT the govt the framers of the nation sought.

Ive said it before...in the US today, real patriotism would look more domestic terrorism!

I saw proof of this recently with all the July 4th celebrations, it seems they equate patriotism with subservience and obedience. LOL

So, do you consider Timothy McVeigh a real patriot?

Old 07-08-2018, 10:48 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
1.)

Things you cannot do, without government permission
1.) Build a house
2.) public locomotion
3.) fish or hunt your food
4.) get married
5.) collect rain water
6.) self medicate
7.) kill yourself

Now repeat after me... I am FREE.

Add a hound, a pick-up, a bottle of rotgut and a woman who wronged ya and ya got a good ol' country song there.

Old 07-08-2018, 10:51 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times
Quote:
I was self-employed for over 40 years and had to pay in double all those years. And I do know the tax laws. I did my own business taxes all those years.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:01 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Maybe the people you hang around with are complete morons who can't put 2 and 2 together but in the adult world we don't need governments forced "help".

considering the fact that you have no clue about me, or the people i hang around with, your statement is complete idiocy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The Federal government just did regulate marriage.

no, the scotus forced the country to recognize gay marriage through a court ruling. the actual regulation of marriage is still done through the STATE governments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That reminded me of something my dad would scream out while we were kids riding in the car with him.

"J**** C*****! They'll give anybody a license.

he isnt far wrong. in this country its too easy to get a drivers license. you take a simple written test with a few questions about various traffic laws. and if you pass that you take an eye test, if you pass that, meaning you dont need a seeing eye dog to get around, then in some cases you take a skills test, do one parallel park maneuver into a space that is big enough to get a large delivery truck into, and then a short drive around the block. pass that and you get your license.

part of the problem is the sheer numbers of people getting their licenses each year. it would create a huge back log if the states were to go to a tougher standard.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:08 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Add a hound, a pick-up, a bottle of rotgut and a woman who wronged ya and ya got a good ol' country song there.
Well, a friend of mine named Steve Goodman wrote that song
And he told me it was the perfect country & western song
I wrote him back a letter and I told him it was not the perfect country & western song
Because he hadn't said anything at all about mama
Or trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting' drunk
Well, he sat down and wrote another verse to the song and he sent it to me
And after reading it I realized that my friend had written the perfect country & western song
And I felt obliged to include it on this album
The last verse goes like this here
Well, I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
She got run over by a damned old train

That used to be my favorite drinking song.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:12 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
considering the fact that you have no clue about me, or the people i hang around with, your statement is complete idiocy.

no, the scotus forced the country to recognize gay marriage through a court ruling. the actual regulation of marriage is still done through the STATE governments.

he isnt far wrong. in this country its too easy to get a drivers license. you take a simple written test with a few questions about various traffic laws. and if you pass that you take an eye test, if you pass that, meaning you dont need a seeing eye dog to get around, then in some cases you take a skills test, do one parallel park maneuver into a space that is big enough to get a large delivery truck into, and then a short drive around the block. pass that and you get your license.

part of the problem is the sheer numbers of people getting their licenses each year. it would create a huge back log if the states were to go to a tougher standard.
What's ironic now is that he's gotten older and his skills have declined so much he's not allowed to transport his grandchildren anymore. (He may also be drunk most of the time) Yet he still has his license. I'm tempted to yell that at him but he also needs hearing aids.

Old 07-08-2018, 11:15 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,740,274 times
Quote:
1.) Build a house
2.) public locomotion
3.) fish or hunt your food
4.) get married
5.) collect rain water
6.) self medicate
7.) kill yourself

Now repeat after me... I am FREE.
Why do you think societies exists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies