Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 06:46 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
Thats what basic income is. Should be about 15,000 dollars per year per household
Who's paying for this freeloaders check? I certainly am not.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:49 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Gee I never though of that.
Oh wait yes I did.
I guess that's why I posted this image in the op that you obviously didn't read
Make up your mind....your last post ("Thats what basic income is. Should be about 15,000 dollars per year per household ")
or the chart which doesn't even get that high

Old 07-09-2018, 06:58 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Make up your mind....your last post ("Thats what basic income is. Should be about 15,000 dollars per year per household ")
or the chart which doesn't even get that high
It would be that high at zero income. Learn how to read

Old 07-09-2018, 07:18 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Do we provide it to all Illegals or Legal aliens who cross our borders who are not US Citizens also ?

They cross the border and get a check ?
Granpa, you've ignored my post. What do we do for people who are not US Citizens and live in our country?

You going to give them free money or neglect them to a lower standard?

Old 07-09-2018, 08:08 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
Welfare is theft? So I assume you are against all forms of welfare.
If taken by force from an individual or group thereof for the purpose of funding it...yes, 100%, absolutely against every form.

Charity, where the individual chooses to voluntarily part with their money, time and/or effort to help others, fine, no sweat, whatever makes people happy. But using the state's monopoly on force and violence to first take from one to then give to another...that's simple theft, and you're using noble sounding euphemisms to try to rebrand theft as something else.

Yes, I am 100% opposed to initiations of force against individuals, and I don't care how much of a majority agreed that harming innocent people is a good idea.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:15 AM

2,854 posts, read 2,053,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If taken by force from an individual or group thereof for the purpose of funding it...yes, 100%, absolutely against every form.

Charity, where the individual chooses to voluntarily part with their money, time and/or effort to help others, fine, no sweat, whatever makes people happy. But using the state's monopoly on force and violence to first take from one to then give to another...that's simple theft, and you're using noble sounding euphemisms to try to rebrand theft as something else.

Yes, I am 100% opposed to initiations of force against individuals, and I don't care how much of a majority agreed that harming innocent people is a good idea.
And when my money is taken by force and used to build nuclear weapons which I am against?

Old 07-09-2018, 08:26 AM

13,962 posts, read 5,628,343 times
Quote:
And when my money is taken by force and used to build nuclear weapons which I am against?
Same exact thing.

You should never be subjected to initiations of force meant to harm you, as they are always inherently immoral and evil. If you were mugged on the street, would you care what the mugger used your money for after victimizing you? No, you wouldn't. Thing is, the street mugger is both more courageous and intellectually honest than your government. The street mugger has the courage to face you mano y mano, does not try to rebrand what it is they are doing to you, and they don't demand that you not only sanction their actions, but praise them for harming you. The street mugger and your government represent the same evil, you just recognize the former for the evil they are, while for some weird reason you forgive the latter because at some point in the past, a majority of people who aren't you decided your victimization would be necessary.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:42 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times
Quote:
Weapons protect our country and everyone in it. Welfare only benefits one person for doing nothing.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:46 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:

The government has the responsibility to ensure the security of the country. If you don't disagree with how to go about it, you are free to lobby whomever you see fit.

However, the government has NO, ZERO, NADA responsibility to ensure each individual's welfare, which is the responsibility of the said individual and the parents of the said individual.

Let's even assume what you said made sense (it doesn't). So if the government does one evil thing, it justifies to do another evil thing?

What's the matter with you? Oh, I know. The person who advocates this evil and immoral plan has every intention to do evil to others.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:51 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Who's paying for this freeloaders check? I certainly am not.
Nice try. They have the full intention to shoot you if you dare to refuse and resist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies