Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 03:22 PM

19,858 posts, read 12,134,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Thats disgusting.

He did it because of his male privilege. Clearly a sexist. Lets hope he loses his job and business.
Not enough! He should be forced to move his family due to death threats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 03:23 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,407,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This isn’t an isolated one off thing if you’ve been following the news.

It’s “normal “ for people to be randomly harassed in book stores and other places ? Really?
I’ve never seen it .
I don’t think most people want this to be the new normal .
I think there have been a grand total of 3 or 4 such incidences so far. Wow. I don't condone such behavior, but as I said, you seem to like these type threads. I repeat, the sky is not falling. Relax.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:25 PM

15,881 posts, read 6,352,105 times
Maybe Bannon thought a bookstore was a safe space.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:28 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,577,538 times
Quote:
They are doing the dirty work of those in office ... folks like Maxine Waters .
I repeat, are they running for office?

Old 07-08-2018, 03:28 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,774,407 times
That washed-up alcoholic thinks there are no consequences for his actions.

He'll find out otherwise.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,698,207 times
Quote:
This isn’t an isolated one off thing if you’ve been following the news.

It’s “normal “ for people to be randomly harassed in book stores and other places ? Really?
I’ve never seen it .
I don’t think most people want this to be the new normal .
But do you think a POTUS of candidate calling for violence and beating people down is the new normal? Is bragging about puzzy grabbing the "new normal".

That horse left the barn a LONG time back - probably 1000's of POTUS statements ago. But he keeps repeating them at his rallies for the "new normal" audiences, especially Fox viewer since they are the only channel that broadcasts these hate-gatherings.

Blowback works in every direction. This "older" liberal believes in community standards. I'm not going to have my "naked is great" parade in Salt Lake City in front of the Temple and, at the same time, I'm not going to act as if folks like Bannon are not criminals....historic in nature. Then again, he'd WANT to bear that description and would revel in it.

I would summarize that most Americans don't like the new "Trump normal" and all indications point to that. Now...I would not project that voting will reflect that (for many reasons)...but, never the less, most of us prefer the old way of civility being an example from the very top...and down.

There is more to life than how one can manipulate the media, people, political offices and the like.....there is that old ideal of "can you sleep at night and look in the mirror?".

Old 07-08-2018, 03:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,698,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Not enough! He should be forced to move his family due to death threats.
What family does Bannon have now? Hollywood elites like him usually have a few. I think he divorced his third by now...lots of violence and strange stuff involved in his various dealings....

Steve should move to Florida since he wanted to vote there so badly that he reportedly committed fraud and listed an address he never lived at.

"Bannon told a friend that year he was living in multiple cities, including Washington, New York, London, and Miami (and S. California)... " - hmm.....why does he prefer liberal places? Wouldn't such a man want to be surrounded by his peers?

Old 07-08-2018, 03:39 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,536,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Maybe Bannon thought a bookstore was a safe space.
A safe space is a place that censors ideas so as to provide "snowflakes" a place to hide where they will not encounter any ideas that diffe from their own.

The phrase "safe space" never implied a space safe from public harassment and social bullying, rudeness and other intentionally hostile, intolerant and uncivil behavior.

And if people now need to be concerned with having access to that sort of security as a result of this sort of increasingly fascist conduct by the Democrat left, then you should not be surprised when people who peceive themselves to be potential targets of these sorts of social terror tactics from the unhinged Democrat left take steps to punish the advocates of this sort of conduct. Probably at the ballot box, but if this continues, who knows.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:13 PM

19,679 posts, read 12,265,621 times
The only one needing a safe space was the classless woman who couldn't handle someone she disagrees with politically being in the store, without being a rude b**ch. When she called him trash she was merely projecting what she is on to him.

Old 07-08-2018, 04:24 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,872,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah, the woman should learn to verbally assault people on Twitter like the Whiner in Chief!
Yeah, assaulting people face to face is so yesterday. Even some 70 year old Presidents have learned that Twitter is the new way to do it, and you don't even have to look the person in the eye !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies