Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 02:00 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sheriff's not charging her with a hate crime. Even though she told him to go back to his own country after beating him.

Pathetic, but not unexpected.

If it were a white person, hate crime would automatically be assumed to be the motive.
that goes without saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 02:23 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Well, Houston is pretty integrated compared to most U.S cities. As long as different racial groups have vastly different GDP per capita and household incomes in general it will be hard for a city that isn't like Sacramento or essentially had all it's growth during modern times to be integrated. Houston is likely the most integrated major city, Major being anything bigger than Denver essentially.
The neighborhoods, especially in the older sections of town, tend to be less integrated, but every school is very integrated. I bet even most of the private schools are pretty integrated.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:30 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Houston might be diverse but it's hardly integrated.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/loc...d-10935311.php
So you cite the Houston Chronicle? They’re wrong in this case. They have an agenda in that article. I will believe my eyes over what they’re saying. There isn’t a school in this town that isn’t fully integrated. I’d venture to say that white people at most public schools are in the minority, even if only slightly. Even in very wealthy neighborhoods there are numerous apartments nearby that feed into the schools. Check the demographics of Lamar High School near River Oaks or Memorial High School near Memorial. Those are the two wealthiest areas. Even Sugar Land (another wealthy area) has a big mix of populations.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:33 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
It depends on the crime though, if we include shoplifting that alone will skew numbers tremendously. I also think in Metro areas that are more integrated like Houston and even L.A to some extent intra-racial crime is way more likely, just because criminals target people out of convenience. rarely do you see criminals making the simple 20 mile or less in most cases drives to nice suburbs to commit crimes. For example Koreans likely commit a ton of crimes against the Japanese, but that's because the Koreans are a minuscule population in Japan, so if a Korean criminal commits a crime in Japan it will obviously affect Japanese more. I actually think the most racially obsessed criminals are Asians followed by Central Americans, they go out of their way to target their own people.

I was speaking more of violent crimes. At least in Houston for every Hispanic or Black person that breaks into a house in the suburbs their's at least three black or Hispanic person robbing someone and shooting someone in an inner city neighborhood, and the inner city break-ins don't even make the news.
We have actual data:
Quote:
When whites commit violence they target other whites 82.4 percent of the time, blacks 3.6 percent of the time, and Hispanics 7.8 percent of the time. In other words, white violence is directed overwhelmingly at other whites. When blacks commit violence only a minority — 40.9 percent — of their victims are black. Whites are 38.6 percent and Hispanics are 14.5 percent. Hispanic assailants also attack their own group less often than they attack others. Their victims are: Hispanics — 40.1 percent, whites — 50.7 percent, and blacks — 4.7 percent.

The Color of Crime

Old 07-12-2018, 06:45 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Step 1: Demonize police who are proactive. Limit them to call response.

Step 2: Demonize white people who call.

Step 3: ?

Old 07-13-2018, 07:06 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
We think huffpo is mainstream media now? It is the left equivalent of the Drudge Report, also not MSM.
https://www.allgeneralizationsarefal...tive-feedback/

Do we have any of the actual news networks doing this?
I've given a plethora of examples of CNN doing this in this very thread. I cite them because they've been my primary news source for over 25 years and thus spot it with them. I'm not trying to single out CNN, but they're who I watch so it sticks out like a sore thumb in how they decide to title headlines and even which articles I see them not elevate to national news in favor of others.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Again,

I don't follow CNN or cable news networks. I saw this story initially on a black media outlet. They had the picture of her under the title of the piece. Why do they need to say "black woman" when there is a picture of a dark skinned black woman.

News is always racially divisive. However, the make this a black vs hispanic thing like many of the posters did is ridiculous. Also the whole "whites are vicitimized by the press" is another divisive tactic that all of you are falling into/for.
Again, I've given you repeated concrete examples of CNN doing this and not only do you dismiss the facts right in front of you.....you turn around and blame us for noticing because if you ignore my actual examples then in your mind it didn't actually happen.

Oh well, I see my time is wasted here trying to hold a respectful and rational conversation.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:47 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
progress. charged with attempted murder.

no word on whether they caught the thugs who repeatedly jumped up and down on his head.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ld-man-n891016

Old 07-13-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
progress. charged with attempted murder.

no word on whether they caught the thugs who repeatedly jumped up and down on his head.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ld-man-n891016
Good news headline, doesn't mention either persons race as if they represent any sort of broader ethnic group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies