Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 11:38 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I dont know any women who have been alive for centuries.

I know a few that look like it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 11:50 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yep.

There are a LOT of girls only science programs, museum programs, library programs. There was a skate boarding/charity event for girls. I emailed asking if it was girls only/were boys allowed and got a hem and haw response how the event was created for girls, directed at girls, skate clinic was offered to girls... but boys who wanted to participate would be OK. Um, yeah. Right.They couldn't participate in the clinic!

People don't understand how far past equal we are.
Then there’s this

As Boy Scouts drop 'boys' from name, Girl Scouts seek to capitalize on theirs - Chicago Tribune

Old 07-12-2018, 11:58 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Will I'm a man and I represent 0% of Fortune 500 CEOs and boards. ON top of that, I'm not in any good old boys club. Can I play the sexism card? Please find an excuse card for me to play.
If you are a male you are automatically eligible for the good old boys club. If you haven't gotten in, it's on you, because there is no gender bias keeping you out, only your own lack of hard work and initiative. Sorry, no free card for you, but you, at least, will not be denied entrance based on your gender, so you have more going for you than most women.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:07 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
If you are a male you are automatically eligible for the good old boys club. If you haven't gotten in, it's on you, because there is no gender bias keeping you out, only your own lack of hard work and initiative. Sorry, no free card for you, but you, at least, will not be denied entrance based on your gender, so you have more going for you than most women.
Ah, but try claiming a “hostile work environment” or “unwanted stares” as a man. You’ll be mocked and ridiculed. A woman making those claims more often than not is rewarded with cash and a trump card against every male in the organization, regardless of her value or productivity in the firm.

Last edited by Yeledaf; 07-12-2018 at 12:45 PM..

Old 07-12-2018, 01:42 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,945,586 times
Quote:
SO its on me as a male if I don't get in, but as a female sexism is the reason. See the flaw in your logic yet?

Old 07-12-2018, 01:52 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Are you a social justice warrior? That's what SJW stands for, and that's what I'm talking about. "Social justice", not general feminism. And I stand by my description.
Sure, why not? I believe in justice, equality and opportunity for all social groups, I am active in pursuing such. I am also a feminist.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
SO its on me as a male if I don't get in, but as a female sexism is the reason. See the flaw in your logic yet?
If you, as a male, don't get in to the good old boys club, it is on you, because the only thing keeping you out is your own initiative, not your gender.

I'm truly sorry if you are not bright enough to understand this. Maybe that's the reason you didn't get in...

Old 07-12-2018, 02:21 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,945,586 times
Quote:
If you, as a male, don't get in to the good old boys club, it is on you, because the only thing keeping you out is your own initiative, not your gender.

I'm truly sorry if you are not bright enough to understand this. Maybe that's the reason you didn't get in...
You unknowingly finally got to the truth. Women are not into more leadership positions because of their own lack of initiative among other shortcomings, not sexism.

Last edited by Berteau; 07-12-2018 at 02:31 PM..

Old 07-12-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
You unknowingly finally got to the truth. Women are not into more leadership positions because of their own lack of initiative among other shortcomings, not their gender.
Spoken like a person who was born privileged by virtue of his gender, but who was unable to use that advantage to work his way up.

So sorry for you, but hey, you should try it when you don't have the natural equipment to get into the good old boys club, but instead have to work your way up in spite of the network that is in place expressly for the purpose of keeping you out.

It's a much longer, harder slog, and the women who do make it had to work twice as hard as their male counterparts. Kind of like what Ginger Rogers said when Fred Astaire got all the glory: she did everything he did, but backwards and in high heels.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:45 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Will I'm a man and I represent 0% of Fortune 500 CEOs and boards. ON top of that, I'm not in any good old boys club. Can I play the sexism card? Please find an excuse card for me to play.
You are not a group. You are an individual. Do you really not get how statistics work?

And why would you need an excuse? Oh wait I get it, you are a member of the in group and are still not successful. Bummer but it explains your OP by a lot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies