Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 05:54 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
In the past, we've had presidents who speak about freedom, about justice, about human rights. But Trump, all he ever thinks about is money and profit.

It's cringe-worthy to hear him rant so relentlessly about money in international talks. And of course his supporters, when trying to come up with something to praise him for, mostly focus on money. It's like they've all given up any sense of humanity or community.
"So discouraging, and embarrassing", the way some poster don't know what they are talking about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 05:58 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
In the past, we've had presidents who speak about freedom, about justice, about human rights. But Trump, all he ever thinks about is money and profit.

It's cringe-worthy to hear him rant so relentlessly about money in international talks. And of course his supporters, when trying to come up with something to praise him for, mostly focus on money. It's like they've all given up any sense of humanity or community.
Those, who broke their own promise and refuse to pay their fair share for over half century, somehow have the audacity to accuse Trump of being all about money!!!!

Old 07-15-2018, 06:10 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Those, who broke their own promise and refuse to pay their fair share for over half century, somehow have the audacity to accuse Trump of being all about money!!!!

He is all about money when he wants to borrow it. But he has himself, or rather his kids in a mess with his business now. No one in this country will loan him money. After borrowing over a $Billion, $900 million on one loan, and not paying it back. Using that as a loss so as to not have to pay any taxes for 15 or so years. That's what is on his tax returns he wants no one to see. Your hero.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:16 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
what used to being embarrassing was being broke and begging others to support you.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:28 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,071,613 times
Oh, so it's OK for the Clintons and Obamas to be ultra rich and charge hundreds of thousands of dollars for a single speech?

Old 07-15-2018, 06:39 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
He is all about money when he wants to borrow it. But he has himself, or rather his kids in a mess with his business now. No one in this country will loan him money. After borrowing over a $Billion, $900 million on one loan, and not paying it back. Using that as a loss so as to not have to pay any taxes for 15 or so years. That's what is on his tax returns he wants no one to see. Your hero.
I am not applauding his efforts to evade taxes. But how was it possible for him to do this and why is Trump being targeted instead of the tax code?

Old 07-15-2018, 07:00 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
I just notice Bernie sanders on TV, not really giving a speech but just yelling at the camera how stupid the people are and we going backwards. I remember Hillary use to yell at the public too. Im not talking about just talking loud but throwing the arms, yelling at the camera, just down right mean.

got me thinking about the way that trump give speeches, yes they some hate in his speech and some item, ok a lot of items that make it unprofessional, but they are entertaining. Being yell at, i dont think i like the political correctness soapbox yelling at me anymore.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I am not applauding his efforts to evade taxes. But how was it possible for him to do this and why is Trump being targeted instead of the tax code?
Name one person in the world that doesn’t evade tax?

Old 07-15-2018, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Why is this remotely relevant?

Old 07-15-2018, 09:51 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Name one person in the world that doesn’t evade tax?
Why would I do that and be diverted from the point of my post, which was to address the tax code and not the person taking advantage of the tax code?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies