Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 10:12 AM

244 posts, read 180,858 times

Advertisements

N-word tapes won't hurt Trump's support among his base. They will solidify it.

Trumpism is White Christian version of identity politics. I really think that is what "the movement" is all about, there is really nothing else to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 10:14 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
Trump sure seems to trigger the dullards.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:19 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've yet to see any specific law cited to support this claim and i think it's a safe assumption that the book publisher's lawyers have reviewed this issue.

don't know, i'm sure we'll find out.
1--Washington, DC is a one-party consent to recording "state"--
2--someone on MSNBC today (an AA man) reported that when he went into the WH on various occasions to have talks w/people like Jared Kushner about projects or concerns initially there were NO RULES about leaving phones or other electronics at entry--meaning visitors/outsiders in his case were carrying around all kinds of personal devices--and it was at least a year before the policy changed--

The WH had NO POLICY regarding security in that regard----likely because the people in charge are just dumb

I don't know if it was Kelly coming in as CoS that instituted the current policy about dropping devices in lockers but face it--you know and I know that people are carrying their phones if they WORK there--
No one is going to be off Instagram or their email for 8 hours

3--I thought anyone hired to work in the WH were required to sign a ND agreement--because that is how Trump operates
I thought I read a story that the one designed for WH employees was even more stringent than earlier versions but haven't bothered to Google for that article
But Sean Spicer said that HE didn't have a ND agreement in place when he negotiated his book deal--Omarosa had said that he did (suggesting I guess that his book would not be accurate if he was constrained by a NDA)...

4--and I am really surprised that there was no attempt to head off this book like there was Comey's or to get certain aspects deleted--like verbatim copies of the tapes
Maybe they realized that attempting to stop it would generate even more attention toward it and her comments but in all likelihood she violated no laws because what she taped was not a "security issue" in the sense of national defense policy...

5--I would like to know if what she said today (and maybe before) that she was kept in the Situation Room for hours and ASKED to leave and was not allowed to do that--
Now if you aren't under arrest by legal entity, then people don't have the right to "hold" someone if they ask to leave...
There were no police there--only attorneys w/her and Kelly according to what I heard today--
They didn't let her assistant stay

And someone said this happened during a WH staff Christmas party--
Her husband was upstairs looking for her when she was in the Situation Room and that is why she asked for him in the meeting...
She also asked to have her attorney present--which was denied

Now most people who are being terminated from a position usually don't have a personal attorney they can call on to defend their position--and I don't know that she is legally entitled to that
But IMO having her on tape--and I am sure she got it on tape--asking to be allowed to leave and being denied that request is a BIG problem...
You know if she tried to walk out they would have stopped her--that is restraint and that I believe is illegal if there is no police presence/no arrest in place...

Old 08-13-2018, 10:20 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,090,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
When I first heard they had hired Omarosa, I thought that was stupid. She is a problem waiting to happen. She is a racist snake looking for an opportunity to start some drama and file a lawsuit.

I turned on XM radio and heard the "N-word" numerous times in multiple songs in a very short period. Jay-Z is one of the worst at perpetuating the use of that word. Hell Trump probably learned it from listening to a black rapper speak. That is where my kids heard that word used.
I would say that Trump learned it while growing up in Queens, N.Y. Maybe even from his old man Fred, who was sued by the feds for racial discrimination in the apartments he built. Donnie's just a chip off the old block.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:21 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,565,658 times
I heard the recording of Trump saying he didn't know she was fired. Omarosa is trying to show what a bad, bad man Kelly is, so sneaky, that Trump really, really liked her.

Haven't we all worked with a woman like this, who had her male boss wrapped around her little finger while treating the rest of us like crap? If you complained to the boss you might risk your own job.

Listening to the morning talk shows the consensus is she is only making herself look really bad, even worse than anyone suspected.

You know damn well everyone she ever spoke to on the phone, including media, are wondering if she recorded them and they are sweating, racking their brains for what they said.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:29 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,802,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Oh really, they do? Please point to the exact things that make/made him a raaaaaaacist? Did he attend Klan meetings? Is he a member? Did he lynch anyone or ?????

Do you have ANY evidence of your charge or are you just going off the TDS infected meme or the far left MSM (MSNBC for example) for your information?

In other words PROVE your accusation please...
Well, his dad Fred did. Maybe that's where it all started.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...iot-in-queens/

Trump and his dad were found guilty of racial discrimination in their buildings multiple times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/u...sing-race.html

There was the Central Park Five
https://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/polit...ive/index.html

I could go on, but I already know I'm wasting my time. Any trump supporter who pretends trump is not a racist at this point is beyond help.

Last edited by OnOurWayHome; 08-13-2018 at 10:42 AM..

Old 08-13-2018, 10:43 AM

25,839 posts, read 16,517,815 times
Did anyone see the Today Show interview? Omarossa is absolutely insane. Wow.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:49 AM

I also think it was funny that Stephanie Rule today on Rule/Belshee show tried to call Omarosa out and was rebuffed fairly well (and accurately)
Rule asked Omarosa if she went to the WH wanting to improve relations between AA and Trump what did she do
Omarosa pointed to her involvement with the Historic Black Colleges EO that Trump completed early in the first year--giving more money to those colleges and that she personally attended HBC in her educational background
https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...t/65-543185506

She also said that she was involved in the Black History public fiasco--
This was the first Feb Trump was in office when he made a speech and indicated he thought Frederick Douglass was still alive--big gaffe

Rule asked her why she didn't correct Trump right then--
And folks--anyone would know you are going to correct the POTUS making an ass of himself in public on any topic in front of national press--
Omarosa told Rule--there is a time and place for something like that and it wasn't at that time or place
She asked Rule if SHE was willing to call out the leaders of NBC because as someone who had been around NBC for many years Omarosa knew there were things that were not kosher upstairs---just like there were things not Kosher bout Trump thinking Douglass was alive...
But Rule wasn't going to criticize her bosses on air--was she???

And of course, Rule isn't going to criticize her bosses on air--
Very few on-air media talking heads have had the guts to do that
The guy at Fox was one--no longer working there of course
Peter Finch did it in "Network" and maybe a couple of other films has something like that
But it doesn't happen on network or even cable news...

I give Omarosa credit--she has brains and she isn't afraid to poke the snake at times
I bet she has some really bad stuff on those recordings
I just hope they are in safe location

Old 08-13-2018, 10:51 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,789 times
She'll get her 2 minutes of fame, sell 100 books and disappear. She forever ruined he reputation. What a stupid move.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:57 AM

It is really a shame that Omarosa chose her personal route to become famous in the way she did
She is not stupid
She is attractive, well-spoken when she wants to be
Can be venomous at times as well
But she could have been more in the vein of Kamala Harris or maybe even Barbara Jordan if she had chosen more wisely
Maybe she is too narcissistic to try for legitimacy on a slower path to success
Maybe she scored too low on the LSAT if she took it for law school...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies