Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 10:08 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Those "token Blacks" don't seem to be so token anymore, and they are growing in number as they reject the Plantation, Victimhood Mentality of traditionally progressive, Democrat Blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2018, 10:09 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I think that Trump is pro- all Americans who are law-abiding citizens. That includes blacks and minorities.

What's not to support about that?

Trump is only pro his people. His supporters are all he talks about/wants to focus on.

In America and any nation someone is always going to disagree with you. As good leader will listen to and consider another POV.

And note, I don't think that Trump is all that bad. I've stated plenty of times on this forum that I don't like all the impeachment stuff as I trust Trump more than I'd trust Pence in particular.

But I don't support people who are a$$holes plain and simple. Anyone who specifically and personally disrespects our military heroes in particular like Trump did to the Khan family and to John McCain, is just someone I will not support because to me they are no "pro-American." Americans appreciate the sacrifices of our fallen soldiers and military veterans and don't directly attack them or their service just to be an a$$hole.

His personality makes me not support him and the fact that he is a reality TV star. I don't like reality TV as I think all of it is fake.

But facts are - Trump is not "pro-black." I agree Obama wasn't "pro-black" either. You cannot be a president of the entire country and be "pro-black" as you'd leave out a majority of the issues of other people in this nation.

The minister IMO is just seeking a political affiliation with the Trump team in order to get some sort of monetary value out of his relationship. I worked with politicians and in a political atmosphere for many years. This is common stuff that people do to get on a politician's good side for money/opportunity to make money.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:13 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If Trump voters ever caught wind of Trump being even the tiniest bit pro-black, they’d run to the Washington by the millions and crash the White House gates to remove him physically.
What do you mean? At every one of Trump’s rallies this year, he points out the record low unemployment rate of African Americans and he specifically thanks black Trump supporters for their support.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Those "token Blacks" don't seem to be so token anymore, and they are growing in number as they reject the Plantation, Victimhood Mentality of traditionally progressive, Democrat Blacks.

LOL - I personally "reject" all that too. You just didn't know about us because you didn't have a token in your face lol.

Black people in America have never been the caricatures and stereotypes that non-black people believe we are and we have always been a people focused on upward mobility of our demographic - even Democratic black people are not like liberal whites and many of them do not agree with liberal white, progressive policies/agendas.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What do you mean? At every one of Trump’s rallies this year, he points out the record low unemployment rate of African Americans and he specifically thanks black Trump supporters for their support.

So we should consider it "pro-black" that we can go apply for jobs....?

Is that what you seriously think is "pro-black?"

Then we should thank Trump that we get the job after applying/interviewing even though we've worked in this country in high numbers for centuries....

It is odd what you all view as "pro-black?"

I got my current job when Obama was president. Should I thank him for me getting this job?

I got jobs when GW Bush was president too - should I thank Bush for jobs?

Are all of them "pro-black" because black people got jobs lol?

Seriously this is weird thinking IMO.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:17 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tal...-politics.html

10,000 comments on yahoo already.

We always talk about prison reform, police reform, but many don’t want to talk about the real problem..culture reform
Culture reform?

How does that work?
  • Are you speaking of stealing Africans from their homeland and beating, raping, and otherwise torturing them until they are forced to stop believing in their own gods? Living their own culture? Speaking their own Language?
  • Are you speaking of putting Indians on reservations and then stealing their children and sending them off to distant schools where they are forced to stop believing in their own gods? Living their own culture? Speaking their own Language?
  • Are you speaking of the Maoist Chinese practice of send people to "reeducation camps" where their thoughts and behaviors are modified?
  • Are you speaking of the Inquisition? When if you didn't believe in the teaching of the Catholic Church, you were subjected to imprisonment, torture, theft of your property, displacement from your family, and other horrors until you confessed to your sins and promised to live a "good catholic life?"

You seriously think this is a good thing?

Old 08-03-2018, 10:18 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Trump is only pro his people. His supporters are all he talks about/wants to focus on.

In America and any nation someone is always going to disagree with you. As good leader will listen to and consider another POV.

"Elections have consequences".
Bitter clingers: :clinging to their God and guns"

Barak Obama.

You mean like that?

Old 08-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I got jobs when GW Bush was president too - should I thank Bush for jobs?

Are all of them "pro-black" because black people got jobs lol?

Seriously this is weird thinking IMO.
Nope but when African American unemployment in its entirety reaches the lowest it has ever reached since the statistic has been kept, it is no longer about an individual getting a job. All the sudden its about way more than that. All the sudden its about large numbers and it has lasting impact.

Old 08-03-2018, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Culture reform?

How does that work?
  • Are you speaking of stealing Africans from their homeland and beating, raping, and otherwise torturing them until they are forced to stop believing in their own gods? Living their own culture? Speaking their own Language?
  • Are you speaking of putting Indians on reservations and then stealing their children and sending them off to distant schools where they are forced to stop believing in their own gods? Living their own culture? Speaking their own Language?
  • Are you speaking of the Maoist Chinese practice of send people to "reeducation camps" where their thoughts and behaviors are modified?
  • Are you speaking of the Inquisition? When if you didn't believe in the teaching of the Catholic Church, you were subjected to imprisonment, torture, theft of your property, displacement from your family, and other horrors until you confessed to your sins and promised to live a "good catholic life?"
You seriously think this is a good thing?
project much?

Old 08-03-2018, 10:29 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
project much?
What is it you feel is being "projected" here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies