Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is racism a big factor in keep minorities down?
Yes 62 34.83%
No 116 65.17%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 01:34 AM

435 posts, read 176,265 times

Advertisements

Yes, racism exists and impacts minorities making life tougher.

i find it amusing that the same people that tell minorities to get over racism complain 24/7 about the liberal media keeping them down and about law enforcement being unfair or biased against Trump. Nope, no bias in how police deal with black people, but that FBI, whoa boy, everything and everyone is biased with them.

Somehow the straight white christian male holds 90% of the power in this country, and still thinks that he is the most discriminated against. If only us white males could catch a break. Them minorities, they just don't understand how tough life is for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 01:43 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
Yes, racism exists and impacts minorities making life tougher.

i find it amusing that the same people that tell minorities to get over racism complain 24/7 about the liberal media keeping them down and about law enforcement being unfair or biased against Trump. Nope, no bias in how police deal with black people, but that FBI, whoa boy, everything and everyone is biased with them.

Somehow the straight white christian male holds 90% of the power in this country, and still thinks that he is the most discriminated against. If only us white males could catch a break. Them minorities, they just don't understand how tough life is for us.
I find it amusing that you make things up, offer no facts, and expect people to believe your nonsense.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:49 AM

435 posts, read 176,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I find it amusing that you make things up, offer no facts, and expect people to believe your nonsense.
lol, you are a Trump supporter, if thats what you think I did, it should be right up your alley

Old 08-09-2018, 02:56 AM

139 posts, read 109,021 times
Quote:
Like the white genocide going on in South Africa now? You're not very good at this.
It's about tyranny and not respecting the rights of the individual.

Group yourself all you want. It's about the individual. It doesn't matter which group one comes from, when a child is raised in a single parent family, that child is much worse off.

Agreed. The British Empire, like our government, isn't moral.
First, I just really wasnt talking to you anymore. Really, there are books about this. A hell of a lot of books. No one’s gonna type the content of an entire book on racism and structural inequality into CityData for you.
But you know what? Because I’m a charitable person, even though your behavior is insulting and immature, I actually will give you a book TITLE as a starting point. Try The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander.

Second, I was only referring to racial groupings to counter the blatantly racist nonsense that another poster was promulgating.

Finally, I’m pretty appalled by your Auchwitz comparison. I can’t possibly imagine having anything more to say to you. That being said, thank you for the dialogue and for opening my eyes to the deliberate blindness that apparently is alive and well in our country.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofor View Post
lol, you are a Trump supporter, if thats what you think I did, it should be right up your alley
lol No I'm not. I cant stand his intervention in the Middle East or that he increased spending or that he can't keep his word. Just like the previous President.
Or that he makes things up, just like you do.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 08-09-2018 at 03:53 AM..

Old 08-09-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellorebecca View Post
First, I just really wasnt talking to you anymore. Really, there are books about this. A hell of a lot of books. No one’s gonna type the content of an entire book on racism and structural inequality into CityData for you.
lol As if that's the only way to get a point across. Make something else up. Like saying I'm a Trump supporter. You made that up and failed miserably. Making things up seems to be a theme for you.

Quote:
But you know what? Because I’m a charitable person, even though your behavior is insulting and immature, I actually will give you a book TITLE as a starting point. Try The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander.
translation - you aren't knowledgeable enough to back up what you said

Quote:
Second, I was only referring to racial groupings to counter the blatantly racist nonsense that another poster was promulgating.
And? So?

Quote:
Finally, I’m pretty appalled by your Auchwitz comparison.
Making something up again. Right on time. Consistent at least.

Quote:
I can’t possibly imagine having anything more to say to you..
I really can't imagine you saying much, substance wise, in your replies to me.

Quote:
That being said, thank you for the dialogue and for opening my eyes to the deliberate blindness that apparently is alive and well in our country.
Because what 1 person posts, that you obviously can't comprehend, means what now? An entire nation??? lol

Old 08-09-2018, 03:58 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Yes and no. There are challenges minorities face due to race in the U.S. (and certain other nations). Certain groups have endured more and are targeted more than others. Therefore, those groups have greater hurdles. However, as far as life in the U.S., it usually comes down to the individual learning how to persevere and not let the actions of others deter them from their goals.

There are some issues that show that U.S. society has major race issues. For example, Nigerian-Americans are among the highest educated in the U.S., yet are paid less than groups who are significantly less educated. It just shows that covert racism is alive and well. At the end of the day though, it’s whether or not a person lets that affect their focus and drive.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yes and no. There are challenges minorities face due to race in the U.S. (and certain other nations). Certain groups have endured more and are targeted more than others. Therefore, those groups have greater hurdles. However, as far as life in the U.S., it usually comes down to the individual learning how to persevere and not let the actions of others deter them from their goals.

There are some issues that show that U.S. society has major race issues. For example, Nigerian-Americans are among the highest educated in the U.S., yet are paid less than groups who are significantly less educated. It just shows that covert racism is alive and well. At the end of the day though, it’s whether or not a person lets that affect their focus and drive.
Nigerian-Americans, the article added, were one of America’s “most successful immigrant communities, with a median household income of $62,351, compared to $57,617 nationally, as of 2015”.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:34 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Nigerian-Americans, the article added, were one of America’s “most successful immigrant communities, with a median household income of $62,351, compared to $57,617 nationally, as of 2015”.
This is true. However, the point is they are more educated than a number of other groups that are often paid more. Considering that Nigerian-Americans tend to be doctors, lawyers and engineers, that is utterly ridiculous.

Old 08-09-2018, 05:29 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I try to avoid contact with poor people no matter what color they are.
You do understand that one can have money and material things and still be poor in spirit, and destitute when it comes to human compassion.

I've seen poor people, man and woman who have a small house and not have all the marquee things in it, and they both work jobs trying to make it, make their house into a home that feels warm and with love; whereas there are some with big beautiful material stuffed homes and manicured lawns and all the trimmings, but it does not have the warm feel of home as that of some poor people. I've seen them plan simple small outing, or the simplicity of a movie night at home, and make it more warm that people who go out to expensive eateries and other events.
I've seen people who work to plan what they will purchase, and when they do they take good care of it because it was a worked for dream they fulfilled. Where as there are some people who have high disposable income, who shop and buy things and within a month and sometimes less, they have little concern or limited use of what they purchased.

True wealthy in spirit and humane compassion is a wealth that is unique in what it is, and money can't buy it.

There are benefits to money, but money has never been in essence more than simply a tool to facilitate.
We will continue to see in this life, "some" that put their reliance on money, do horrible things to their own life if and when that money is no longer available, some do horrible things because that money is available, and still some resort to taking their own lives and this happens to people with money and to people who have lost their money, and people in desperate quest to get money, as well as to some who have no money. Some try to drown themselves by other means, and a great many relationships have become associations from hell, when the money is gone.

No one takes even one penny from this earth when they depart, they can fill their casket with dollars and 50-100 yrs later if someone dug it up, the money would still be in it, and the body will have decayed long before.

Quote:
A poor person can just as easily make a god out of money as a wealthy person. The poor person might imagine that all their problems would be solved if only they could accumulate enough money. We too quickly equate satisfaction with prosperity.

The reason money so often becomes the strong tower and confidence of people is that it does actually rid life of many trials and tribulations. It keeps you warm with clothing, nourished with food, sheltered, protected from the tyranny and abuse of others. The list could go on and on. But herein lies the deception: While money can provide many things, it guarantees nothing. Your wealth can be taken away just as easily as it was given

Last edited by Chance and Change; 08-09-2018 at 05:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies